CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > CriticalFumble.net Community Forums > The Foodies' Kitchen

The Foodies' Kitchen For discussion of recipes, restaurant experiences, cooking techniques, and anything else that can make us better Foodies!

Old 06-22-2013, 12:13 AM
Drowning in Words

Zayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant future

This is actually a pretty good turkey meatball recipe:

Savory Turkey Meatballs

cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 egg
cup dry bread crumbs
cup chopped fresh basil
teaspoon ground pepper
teaspoon salt
1 pound ground turkey

1. Preheat oven to 375F.

2. Combine the turkey and all the listed ingredients in a large bowl.

3. Shape the mixture into about 18 meatballs.

4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.

5. Coat the pan with cooking spray; add the meatballs and brown on all sides.

6. Remove from skillet; transfer to a broiler pan coated with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes or until done.

To freeze: Follow cooking directions, then allow the meatballs to cool to room temperature. Place the meatballs on a baking sheet, making sure they dont touch one another, and place in the freezer for one hour. Next transfer the hardened meatballs to an airtight container and store in the freezer. Thaw the meatballs in the refrigerator, then bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until heated.

They work well in spaghetti, but can also be substituted for the beef in beef stroganoff so you are making turkey stroganoff instead. Or just eat them on their own with a tiny bit of marinara sauce.

Bhuta ia; dewa ia. (Man is a demon; man is a god.)
Old 10-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Origen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond repute

Re-opening this discussion.

I made meatballs again this weekend.

Ground Beef, veal, pork
Whole milk
Cheap white bread
Red wine
Beef stock
Soy sauce
Teriyaki
Hot pepper jelly
Balsamic vinegar
Oregano

I even put a dash of cinnamon and some tomato-based spice in the mix.

I browned them under the broiler for 3 minutes, then cooked them at 350 degrees for twenty, before applying provolone blankets and shredded parmesan.

Browned again, served with red pepper jelly and a roasted garlic and onion chutney I bought up in Canada last time I was there.

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good. - John Steinbeck, East of Eden

"Be orderly in your life, and ordinary like a bourgeois, in order to be violent and original in your works." - Gustave Flaubert
Old 10-07-2013, 12:35 AM
just this guy, you know?

silverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond repute

pics, or it didn't happen.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:19 AM
sensitive clod

marmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to behold

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/m...no-recipe.html

I've made Mario Batali's turkey meatballs twice now, and they're pretty good. The first time, I left out the prosciutto because I needed a non-red meat option for guests. This time I used everything in the recipe, and added some extra fennel seed and garlic. The prosciutto gives just a faint porkiness, completely optional IMHO. Prosciutto is easier to mince if you freeze it first. The fennel from the sweet Italian sausage helps the flavor a lot. If you really like fennel, or can't find SIS, you can add more like I did. In the future I'd like to try a spicy version and a luganega/nutmeg version. I found one bunch of parsley to be enough for the whole recipe (+ sauce). I doubled the sauce recipe and cooked the meatballs in the sauce after browning.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:13 PM
just this guy, you know?

silverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond repute

i'm necroing this thread cuz i need to refer to it.

Tags
meatballs, recipes