CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > CriticalFumble.net Community Forums > The Foodies' Kitchen

The Foodies' Kitchen For discussion of recipes, restaurant experiences, cooking techniques, and anything else that can make us better Foodies!

Old 03-22-2014, 04:26 PM
join the herd...

Water Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Smoothie Trials

In an effort to eat more fruits and eat cleaner in general, I'm embarking on the wonderful world of smoothies. I would also love any ideas or suggestions you guys have.

Today's smoothie:

1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen mangos
1/2 fresh banana
1/3 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 tsp honey

Verdict:

Very tasty! A little thick. I only have a magic bullet and it didn't like all the frozen fruits, but it got everything blended, it just took longer than I expected.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:41 AM
sensitive clod

marmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to behold

I like the tartness of yogurt, so I don't add extra sweetener for fruit smoothies. A really ripe banana usually gives enough sweetness for me. I've been promising myself a peanut butter & banana smoothie as soon as I see some ripe bananas (not so easy this time of year). I highly recommend finding some fresh, ripe mangoes this summer. They are fabulous, as are mango lassis. I haven't ventured into making smoothies out of kale/greens and/or avocado, but am itching to try this pudding recipe.

If you thought it was too thick, you can use regular yogurt instead of Greek. Greek is good if you're going to blend with ice cubes.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:11 PM
join the herd...

Water Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond reputeWater Jess has a reputation beyond repute

I think I just need a little more milk, or to just let it melt a little. I'll probably be making them before work and drinking them when I get there most days so I don't mind erring on the thick side.