CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > RPG Discussion Forums > Role-playing Games

Role-playing Games Any discussion of role-playing is welcome here: playing, gamemastering, even adventure design, no matter what system you play.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:04 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

nermal2097 will become famous soon enough
Default L5R: Full Metal Nostalgia

The pitch for a game of Legend of the Five Rings I will be running this autumn:

The characters are all old samurai and about to retire from samurai life and become monks. However, one final adventure has gathered them together. Before they set off to save the empire one more time, they sit and recount adventures old and recent, to better help them in the trials to come. The campaign will therefore be an a series of extended flashback sequences that will cover around twenty years of their lives, with jumps of around five years in between each of the stories. Four mini-arcs will take place in flashback, the final adventure will be "in real time".
Old 07-03-2017, 09:45 AM
just this guy, you know?

silverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond repute

sounds cool nermal, wish i could participate!
Old 07-06-2017, 07:39 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

nermal2097 will become famous soon enough

I will be allowing the players a few extra benefits because of the format. For instance they will get a few times each story arc where they can alter a fatal event by remembering it differently (a sword strike misses when it hit originally), which im calling the Rashomon effect.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:23 PM
Ridin' a starry range.

CosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds pretty cool. Always have had a soft spot for L5R, even though I've not played it as much as I would like.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:35 AM
Orally bankrupt

Starhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, that's a really good idea for a mini-campaign. I love it!
Old 08-15-2017, 03:14 PM
Simian attorney

Erstwhile is on a distinguished road

Much-delayed, but I really like this idea. The Rashomon reference is the icing on the cake.

Tags
l5r, legend of the five rings