CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > CriticalFumble.net Community Forums > The Foodies' Kitchen

The Foodies' Kitchen For discussion of recipes, restaurant experiences, cooking techniques, and anything else that can make us better Foodies!

Old 03-11-2017, 05:52 PM
Henchman for hire

Magnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond repute
Default App-powered restaurant

Went to an interesting restaurant chain called Pincho's today. You have to book a table in advance (as far as I gather due to it being very popular).

Once at the restaurant you get a table-code, which you use to log in in a mobile app (which you should download and in it choose the relevant restaurant). You then make your orders through the app, and when yor food/drink is ready you get a message in the phone and then you go and get your order at the counter.

The menu is tapas, so you have lots and lots of small dishes.

If you pay through your phone, you get bonuspoint that you then can redeem with new orders later on.

I liked the concept and some of the dishes were very good.

/Magnus

Last edited by Magnus Bergqvist; 03-11-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:17 PM
Relentless

Stephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Bergqvist View Post
Went to an interesting restaurant chain called Pincho's today. You have to book a table in advance (as far as I gather due to it being very popular).

Once at the restaurant you get a table-code, which you use to log in in a mobile app (which you should download and in it choose the relevant restaurant). You then make your orders through the app, and when yor food/drink is ready you get a message in the phone and then you go and get your order at the counter.

The menu is tapas, so you have lots and lots of small dishes.

If you pay through your phone, you get bonuspoint that you then can redeem with new orders later on.

I liked the concept and some of the dishes were very good.

/Magnus
I've seen a similar thing with all-you-can-eat sushi restaurants in my city. They provide the Ipad, mind you, and you simply pick the items you want and press send.

It is very similar situation with the tapas concept. As you eat, you order more. Usually it means that it's prepared after you pressed send.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:59 AM
just this guy, you know?

silverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond repute

i've seen tabletop devices in chain restaurants here in the US (red robin) that allow you to place the order, call a server, and pay, which philosophically is similar. but it sounds like what magnus and stephane are describing eliminates the wait staff entirely. am i reading you two correctly?
Old 05-19-2017, 06:18 PM
Relentless

Stephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhisper View Post
i've seen tabletop devices in chain restaurants here in the US (red robin) that allow you to place the order, call a server, and pay, which philosophically is similar. but it sounds like what magnus and stephane are describing eliminates the wait staff entirely. am i reading you two correctly?
Not in my case, the wait staff is still involved because they don't want to have too many orders and they deliver the food, but yeah, it goes straight to the chefs.

Stephane
Old 05-19-2017, 07:06 PM
Henchman for hire

Magnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhisper View Post
At least for delivering your food. You could get their help to pay if you did not want to pay through the phone.

I really need to check out the restaurant in my hometown.

/Magnus

Last edited by Magnus Bergqvist; 01-05-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:03 PM
Henchman for hire

We have another app-powered restaurant here that I have tried twice.

The idea behind that one is that, you use the app to order your food (to a specific time-intervall). The app is the ONLY way to order. Then you can get it delivered home to you (if you're lucky, as the availible slots fill upp real quick), or you can go down to the restaurant, and pick up your food in that same slot. You cannot eat at the restaurant, it is for take-away only.

And you can't pay with cash. It is by credit card or through a system called Swish (where you use your mobile phone and an apps+certificate that the banks support to make the payment. Swish is very popular for paying or sending money to other persons. The banks want us to go totally cashless.)

When delivering, they use some really small electric cars.
The food is imo a bit bland. I have tried a jerk chicken salad, and a burger with sweet potato fries. I might try something else. The restaurant seems to be doing quite well though.

/Magnus