CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Talking In Character

Talking In Character Hitcher's room for in-character roleplay.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:06 PM
`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ`

Hitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud of
Default OOC - Big Damn Heros

I have received permission from the game owners to host this game here.

Quote:
Sometimes, things get lost.

Big things.

Sometimes those things are ships, and they have people in them.

In the closing years of the Scorrat-UCC war, the colony ship Argo made its final jump. Blind, damaged and pursued, she arrived in an uncharted system, in an uninhabited sector of the galaxy, bearing a cargo of 15 million cryogenically frozen colonists, 1.5 megatons of colonial equipment, and a small contingent of navy officers, Colonial Marines, 6 fighter craft, and several items vital to humanities war effort.

With their jump drive destroyed and their location, and time they had arrived, unsure, the colonists settled in for the long haul. They built new towns and cities. They constructed new ships, settled this rich Sanatana system, and mined its resources as best they could. But they hadn't escaped the war, it followed them like a hound on the chase. A small scorrat force settled into the outer reaches, and made woe and pain for the struggling colonists.

Two hundred and fifty years later the system faces a new phase of war and bloodshed. Alien horrors and human reavers prowl the inky black, as the Colonial Authority and the Independent Alliance square off for control of the system. In the middle of it all mercenaries, guns for hire, make their way as best they can, some holding the balance of power over life and death in their hands, some just tryin' to get by.

This is their story.
This is a Sci Fi Mercenary More background information can be found at the Big Damn Heros Background Forum

Questions can be posted here or PM me.

Character Sheet

Character Name:
Player Username:
Affiliation:(At this stage, only AFU affiliated mercs allowed)
Designated role:
Weapons:
Gear:
Skills:
History:

Character sheets are to be PM to me for approval before posting.

RULES
  • I am the game master for this forum; my word is law.
  • No godmodding.
  • Respect your fellow players.
  • Keep all Out-Of-Character chat in the OOC Forum; only post In-Character chat to the IC - Big Damn Heros forum.
  • No aliens.
  • No super-tech (read the background forum information)
Old 05-30-2012, 11:08 PM
`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ`

Hitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud of
Default Big Damn Heros: Approved Characters

Approved Characters
Old 05-30-2012, 11:09 PM
`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ`

Default Big Damn Heros: Non-Player Characters

Non-Player Characters

MERCENARIES

NPC - AFU Merc - Field Tech - Anna Bakhvalova

Last edited by Hitcher; 05-30-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:10 PM
`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ`

Default Big Damn Heros: Miscellaneous Information

Miscellaneous Information
Old 05-30-2012, 11:13 PM
`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ`

Default NPC - AFU Merc - Field Tech - Anna Bakhvalova

NPC

Character Name: Anna Bakhvalova
Player Username: NPC
Affiliation: AFU Merc
Designated role: Field Technician
Weapons: Mesh Armor (125 cb), CC-SLR/04 ‘Deploy’ assault rifle (150 cb), 2x30 round rifle magazine (60 cb), 6M-SSA/01 ‘Maverick’ (50 cb) 2-6 round pistol magazines (12 cb); Combat Knife (25 cb) - Total 422 cb
Gear: Backpack (10 cb), Comm Gear (100 cb), Locksmith Tools (100 cb), Mini-computer (75 cb), Tool Kit (75 cb) - Total 360 cb
Cash: 218 cb
Skills: Combat - Armor Use Lv.1, Combat Knife Lv.1, Pistol Lv. 1, Rifle Lv.2 (6+2 pts)
Non-Combat - Computer Lv.2, Engineering Lv. 2, Slight of Hand Lv. 2, Trade Lv. 1 (4+3 pts)

History: Born in a hospital on Lakshmi , mother died in childbirth. Anna's two older sisters and herself wound up in Momma Maxwell's Creche. Momma Maxwell was a notorious glutton with a scarred face - and necrophobia after being trapped in a collapsed building with several dead bodies for days after a Scorrat raid.

When Anna was 11, she became fast friends with a very wealthy boy her own age - Jeremy. He fixed it with his parents to bring her back to Saraswati as a playmate. However, the doctor doing her exit medical examination had a glitch in his system, the child got mistake for a test subject and received some strange injection. To this day, she has no idea what she was given or what it may do to her.

When Anna was 16, she learned how to pick locks and pockets from an elderly neighbor. At 18, she got caught in a gun battle between local police and criminals. A bullet hit her right arm, which EMTs later patched with medifoam.

Anna joined the Navy at 19, where she scored high on her tests and qualified for Field Technician Training. But despite being assigned to a support unit, they frequently found themselves in the middle of a pitched battle. They managed to survived skirmishes with only minor casualties - and then one day during her second tour the unit's luck ran out. She was the only survivor.

Anna was in recovery for months. To keep herself occupied, she took up gourmet cooking where she learned a few tricks that would even jazz up combat ration packs.

When she got separated from the service, she found herself a tidy technician's job, but ran into some financial hardships following a raid so decided to take up mercenary work to help meet the bills.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Salah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds fun, are these the rules to use, or is there a compilation somewhere:

http://www.gordianknotgames.co.uk/gk...play.php?fid=2

In a world of violence, the cross, that eminently counter-cultural symbol that lies at the heart of the Christian faith, is a scandal. -Miroslav Wolf

Visit my blog!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 PM
`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ`

Those are the rules - read through character generation and experience to create your starting character.

Use Complete Skill list V1.51 for your character skills.

Use Character Equipment to select your gear, with a starting cash limit of 1,000 C-bills. Remember, anything with an asterisk* is not allowed for starting characters.

Better description of the equipment can be found in the background forum: Equipment in BDH.

The LARP uses Nerf guns so we're keeping with their descriptions, but for this game you're allowed magazines.

The odd thing about this game is only military and licensed merchant ships can be armed. Despite aliens in-system, mercenaries who own their own ships cannot arm them without breaking the weapons restrictions. The military (and oddly enough Customs & Excise) will always be better equiped.

But there are no restrictions on a mercenary crew being transported on a licensed merchant ship.

Apparently the government is afraid if a mercenary crew also possess a merchant's license, they'd have the power to do orbital assaults - which the military wants to keep for themselves. However, seeing how Customs and Excise likes to intercept mercenary ships in orbit before they land, I suspect there's a major contraband issue - especially with Scorrat weapons and gear.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:13 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Salah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond repute

If we can get a group I'm up for a bounty hunter.

In a world of violence, the cross, that eminently counter-cultural symbol that lies at the heart of the Christian faith, is a scandal. -Miroslav Wolf

Visit my blog!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:49 PM
`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ`

Here's hoping. ^ _ ^
Old 06-27-2012, 03:06 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

So whats our current progress on this? Havent seen a post on it for a while

Tags
bdh, big damn heroes, big damn heros, roleplay, talking in character