CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > CriticalFumble.net Community Forums > Gamers: Ethics & Religion

Gamers: Ethics & Religion Discussion of ethics and religion and what place they have around the gaming table. The point of this forum is to give space to all the ethical stuff that is or is not relevant that gamers insist on talking about anyway. Also much discussion of real-world issues including religion and politics. THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR THE THIN-SKINNED! You have been warned.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:21 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Salah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond repute

I have declared today "pajama day" because it's just too cold in Tennessee to spend any time outside. Tyre has spoiled me, I forgot what a cold, bitter winter feels like! Our winter in Tyre is a cold, wet winter and since everything is tile and concrete nothing ever gets warm. But it doesn't get this cold!

In a world of violence, the cross, that eminently counter-cultural symbol that lies at the heart of the Christian faith, is a scandal. -Miroslav Wolf

Visit my blog!
Old 01-05-2018, 08:52 AM
Ridin' a starry range.

CosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, it has not been fun.

Drag yourself an hour or so north next weekend. A pint from the Green Dragon will warm you up!
Old 01-05-2018, 10:14 PM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Origen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond repute

We were buried under 11 inches of snow in less than 24 hours. School was cancelled, so my wife stayed home. I worked from home for the first time at the new job.

I've never worked for a company with as mobile of a workforce. I came back into the office on Friday, and I was one of three people on our end of the floor. Everyone was available by chat on Skype, or be cell, or email. Work got done.

It's definitely sink or swim. I've had to figure out most things by myself: how to get my phone connected, how to get a conference line code, how to contact HR and finish up my paperwork. I'm still in the process of figuring out exactly what I am supposed to do, and what I'm supposed to delegate.

It's like jumping out of a parachute and knitting my parachute on the way down. But I'm up to it. This is the perfect place for me to be, now. A year ago, my new boss lost his shit when he realized I came in at 10 AM and worked from home once a week. Now, once I've proven myself, I can work from home any time I like. On a conference call the other day, someone asked a coworker if he would be in the office the following day.

"I guess," he said, and signed dramatically. "I haven't been in the office for three weeks."

“And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.” - John Steinbeck, East of Eden

"Be orderly in your life, and ordinary like a bourgeois, in order to be violent and original in your works." - Gustave Flaubert
Old 01-06-2018, 12:07 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Salah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes things I believe in strongly are called into question and I go through a process of evaluating, questioning, and even challenging them. North Korea is one of those times. I don't want my kids to live their lives under the threat of Kim Jong Un having a wacko day and nuking them. So I've wondered whether it's better for the US to attack North Korea while there is still time to prevent that.

Part of me thinks yes, if we're already blowing up crap all over the world, why not the one country that is actually a great danger to us?

But we have enough death and destruction already. That would just throw more fuel on the perpetual war machine. There must be a better way.

I repent any comments I have made supporting war on North Korea. It was wrong.

In a world of violence, the cross, that eminently counter-cultural symbol that lies at the heart of the Christian faith, is a scandal. -Miroslav Wolf

Visit my blog!
Old 01-06-2018, 10:52 PM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Origen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salah_ad_Din View Post
Sometimes things I believe in strongly are called into question and I go through a process of evaluating, questioning, and even challenging them. North Korea is one of those times. I don't want my kids to live their lives under the threat of Kim Jong Un having a wacko day and nuking them. So I've wondered whether it's better for the US to attack North Korea while there is still time to prevent that. Part of me thinks yes, if we're already blowing up crap all over the world, why not the one country that is actually a great danger to us? But we have enough death and destruction already. That would just throw more fuel on the perpetual war machine. There must be a better way. I repent any comments I have made supporting war on North Korea. It was wrong.
I have no particular love of Trump, but North Korea isn't a problem of his creation.

And it is possible that although Kim Jong Un believes his own bullshit, the cronies and wealthy boot-lickers beneath him don't want their lives and positions going up in a nuclear fireball. North Korea has indicated to South Korea that they are willing to initiate peace talks:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8142871.html

Maybe Trump being crazy enough to push the button pushed them toward this? I don't know.

“And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.” - John Steinbeck, East of Eden

"Be orderly in your life, and ordinary like a bourgeois, in order to be violent and original in your works." - Gustave Flaubert
Old 01-07-2018, 10:12 AM
Henchman for hire

Magnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
I have no particular love of Trump, but North Korea isn't a problem of his creation.

And it is possible that although Kim Jong Un believes his own bullshit, the cronies and wealthy boot-lickers beneath him don't want their lives and positions going up in a nuclear fireball. North Korea has indicated to South Korea that they are willing to initiate peace talks:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8142871.html

Maybe Trump being crazy enough to push the button pushed them toward this? I don't know.
Well, that actually sounds like good news.

/Magnus
Old 01-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Henchman for hire

Magnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond repute

"You get what everyone else gets, one lifetime..."

The woman who was the model for Death of the Endless in Neil Gaiman's series Sandman has just passed away. Interesting reading how that look come to be in the series.

www.post-punk.com

/Magnus
Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM
Henchman for hire

Found a image/thread on what would happen if the Illiad & Oddysse were a D&D-game.. Let's just say it explains a lot.

imgur

/Magnus
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Bergqvist View Post
Well, that actually sounds like good news.

/Magnus
It's good news as long as Trump doesn't push the button.

Tags
chat