CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > CriticalFumble.net Community Forums > Gamers: Ethics & Religion

Gamers: Ethics & Religion Discussion of ethics and religion and what place they have around the gaming table. The point of this forum is to give space to all the ethical stuff that is or is not relevant that gamers insist on talking about anyway. Also much discussion of real-world issues including religion and politics. THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR THE THIN-SKINNED! You have been warned.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Orally bankrupt

Starhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond repute
Default [chat] Rip Van Winkle chat thread

Soooooo, due to some weird headspace, I've been away from the forum for about four months. Figured you guys would get in touch if you needed me.

So I'm switching around the chat threads, you know the drill.

Have I missed any momentous events? Births, deaths, shocking reveals?

I'm off to Gen Con this evening to hopefully meet a couple of forumites but will return to checking back in more frequently than once a quarter after the con.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:28 PM
just this guy, you know?

silverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think there's anything particularly grievous although others who spend more time here may be better qualified to answer that. sorry things have been keeping you away, and trust that they've improved.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:55 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Salah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond repute

I got to meet Starhawk tonight, what a great guy! Hopefully we can get some time in gaming tomorrow. If anyone is in touch with Lysander I'd love to meet him too!

In a world of violence, the cross, that eminently counter-cultural symbol that lies at the heart of the Christian faith, is a scandal. -Miroslav Wolf

Visit my blog!
Old 08-04-2016, 07:15 PM
I am the one you warned me of

Imaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant future

Did you guys enjoy any smoked meat?
Old 08-04-2016, 09:23 PM
I am the one you warned me of

Imaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCowboy
Gonna rant for a bit, mainly because I've kept silent on this issue. Being the bigger man and all. Or something.

Backstory: The drummer and keyboard player in my band don't get along to well. This is mainly because the keyboardist (we'll call him P) is uneasy about the fact that the drummer (call him H) is an atheist. Why does this matter? I have no idea, because dude is a metronome. He's never been anything but respectful about the beliefs of others. The attitude got to a point that three months ago we sat P down and told him that things had to change. The negativity wasn't good for the band.

So about two weeks ago (the 18th, to be exact) H posts a cartoon on his wall poking fun at the apparent plagiarism of Melania Trump's speech. It was pretty funny, honestly. P took offense and laid in to H. H told him to forget about it and pretend it didn't happen, but P pushed the issue, basically launching a character attack against H. Well, H has had enough. Tells me that he winds up having anxiety issues because has to walk on eggshells around P, and that he can't play with him any more. Can't say I blame him.

We had a gig coming up (on the 30th) and at this point I'm thinking it's scrapped anyway, so I cancel rehearsal that week. Everyone in the band knows why. It's not exactly a secret. Our singer is furious with P for this. We're jeopardizing at least 2 gigs because P just couldn't keep his mouth shut over a political cartoon, nor will he admit fault and apologize. Our singer wants to string him up. Anyway, P sends me an email and a few texts which amount to "Look, we know what this is about. I don't like this, but for the good of the band, you have to let me go." So I do.

Well, now that I've called P's bluff, he flips his shit. Every day since then it's been at least on meme a day about being thrown under the bus, or people telling lies, friends back stabbing, whatever. He's also decided that the reason he was upset about the cartoon was not that it attacked the wife of a presidential candidate, but it was a racist cartoon. Go figure. Posts a long rant about how he got tossed under the bus for standing up to racism.

During the course of all this, we say to hell with it and decide to play our gig on the 30th. I rewrite the set list to drop songs that absolutely require keyboards or a second guitar and trainwreck our way through a rehearsal in the drummer's garage. We played the gig...and absolutely killed it. Had more requests for business cards than ever. Get people asking us rates for different types of parties. Kinda makes us decide that we might best continue with just the 4 of us, rather than try to wedge a 5th member in.

Sunday P sent an email regarding another musical group he runs. More a choral ensemble with some instrumental back up. I've filled on guitar with them, our singer is their main singer. He's talking about planning some Christmas music to take to nursing homes or where ever. And how he plans for me to be singing on some of that stuff. Singer and I are just laughing together, because at this point we're really not inclined to help him out there.

At this point, I can't tell if P has really bought in to this fantasy he's created to defend his actions or not. Baffling.
And it is guys like that who give anyone with a bone to pick against Christianity a foothold. We are supposed to be Christ-like. Not judgmental and condemning.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Salah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
And it is guys like that who give anyone with a bone to pick against Christianity a foothold. We are supposed to be Christ-like. Not judgmental and condemning.
Amen! [agreement filler]

In a world of violence, the cross, that eminently counter-cultural symbol that lies at the heart of the Christian faith, is a scandal. -Miroslav Wolf

Visit my blog!
Old 08-05-2016, 09:24 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

I got a chance to meet Lysander yesterday. He had an appointment so we only spoke a few minutes but it's really nice to have a face behind the name after all these years. He's a great, friendly guy, hopefully we'll cross paths again today.

Starhawk and I had a chance to game together in a game of "Dark Blades" which is about forming a gang of thieves. It was a blast! Starhawk is a great gamer -he' very quick on his feet, has great ideas, and really works well with other players. You want him in your game.

Edit: I had lunch with Lysander today. We sat in the floor of the convention hall and ate Gyros. It was great! He's very personable and pleasant, and a very interesting person to talk to about evreything from gaming to travel..

Visit my blog!

Last edited by Salah_ad_Din; 08-05-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:13 PM
just this guy, you know?

silverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond repute

glad you guys all got to meet, that's super-awesome!

one of my minions was very nearly terminated today. ugh.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:43 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
Did you guys enjoy any smoked meat?
After the bologna we smoked together at Cosmic Cowboy's ranch, I'm just not sure anyone else could compare.

Visit my blog!
Old 08-06-2016, 01:23 AM
Relentless

Stephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhisper View Post
one of my minions was very nearly terminated today. ugh.
I'm starting to think that they are just that..

<poke> What's your retention numbers?

Tags
chat