CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Merry Marauders

Merry Marauders Mouser's PbP game.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:32 AM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is anyone still interested in this PBP game?

Looking for feedback.

"Jerusalem is not a settlement."
-Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old 11-21-2014, 01:55 PM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

I've been waiting for somebody else to reply. I didn't want to commit the group to a fight without at least one other player sounding off.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Ridin' a starry range.

CosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still interested, but I'm completely lost and overwhelmed. I had mentioned that I needed assistance gearing up but I think it got overlooked. Honestly, while the game is entertaining, it's feeling like it's not very user friendly for those that don't know the system.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

I offered to help Salah, CC, and thought it was clear that offer extended to everybody else as well. Would you like me to walk you through the system and help gear you up?
Old 11-22-2014, 08:03 PM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Origen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like help gearing up. This system still eludes me.

“And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.” - John Steinbeck, East of Eden

"Be orderly in your life, and ordinary like a bourgeois, in order to be violent and original in your works." - Gustave Flaubert
Old 11-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute

I like the characters everyone has written up.

I would prefer people to be less concerned with the system and more engaged with the writing.

I hope I made it clear that there are ample opportunities for exploration and character development in this huge ship.

A careful reading will reveal that the numbers of living beings on the ship changes from moment to moment (Jurassic Park, anyone?).

While the AI was initially very involved with the players, it has unexpectedly fallen off the radar for an unknown reason.

There are every manner of Militech products aboard, down to the soda machines, yet the creatures that are attempting to communicate with you are carrying Arasaka hardware.

These are all details that were supposed to raise eyebrows and cause people to think, and perhaps ask questions, but nobody has.

It appears that the type of game I had designed is not the one everyone wants to play.

The system is, in my mind, unimportant. Here is what you need to know: If you get into a fair fight, the party will die. Avoid fair fights at all costs. Enjoy the gear. It is less important than your writing. Write well and live!

Please tell me what I can do to be more engaging.

"Jerusalem is not a settlement."
-Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old 11-22-2014, 11:17 PM
Ridin' a starry range.

CosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

Help with gear would be appreciated. I'm assuming the ghost armor and smart goggles would be suitable for my character. I'd envisioned him as a scout/recon with a bit of sniper. The shotgun might make sense for him, but the rifle that others seem to be gearing up with doesn't seem appropriate.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:19 PM
Ridin' a starry range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I would prefer people to be less concerned with the system and more engaged with the writing.
I dig that, but an understanding of the system seems like it would come in handy when we're debating a shootout with Teenage Mutant Blackops Squirrels.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:00 AM
Ailing Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Sorry, Mouser, but I have to answer this part. This comes from having GM'd Cyberpunk for 2 multi year campaigns and quite a few one shots. I mean no disrespect, and if you feel that I'm stepping on your toes I apologize and will STFU.

That said, the system matters with Cyberpunk. It matters because the paradigm is completely different than most RPG's and if you aren't aware of it you will either die, be completely ineffective and quite likely lost. Either way is no fun.

First, the PC's are not noobs when they start out. Anybody with a full Role (40pts in skills + pickups) is going to be at least equivalent to a trained professional in multiple areas, and likely expert in at least one. A Solo, for example, has been in either a low level special forces equivalent training program or has acquired street level experience to let them operate at that level. A Solo with a Combat Sense of 7 makes a comparable salary with a Corporate of the same level (about 90%) as an example.

Second, Gear matters in Cyberpunk. Lots. Gear and cyberwear do what magic or class abilities or psionics do for other games. Gear is the only way for characters to become physically tougher or enhance their abilities. Knowing how and why makes your character more survivable in the single most lethal game system I know of.

Third, lethality and wounds. Cyberpunk is fucking lethal. More importantly, it remains at the same level of lethality regardless of how experienced your character is. Unless you get certain gear (helmet, skinweave, skullplating, orbitial endoframe, etc) a single shot from a .22 can kill your character that you've spent hundreds of hours with. Wounds also suck. Really bad. They act as a penalty for days and or weeks on almost all of your die rolls.

Which winds up being EXTREMELY frustrating for players in a PBP game. I made that fuck up in my PBP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
I'd like help gearing up. This system still eludes me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCowboy View Post
Help with gear would be appreciated. I'm assuming the ghost armor and smart goggles would be suitable for my character. I'd envisioned him as a scout/recon with a bit of sniper. The shotgun might make sense for him, but the rifle that others seem to be gearing up with doesn't seem appropriate.
Go to the Guns guns guns thread, and I'll put up a basic FAQ on what gear and the numbers posted by it means, as well as suggestions and what gear does if Mouser approves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCowboy View Post
I dig that, but an understanding of the system seems like it would come in handy when we're debating a shootout with Teenage Mutant Blackops Squirrels.
I agree. But I wouldn't worry. Slyde has a plan.

(You should run now, but you'd only die tired)

Last edited by Baelfyre; 11-23-2014 at 04:03 AM.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:32 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Salah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond repute

I posted what was essentially "Kaue gears up like Slyde" because I don't really know what I need, and Kaue kills things.

As far as story line goes, I am still interested though I will admit to be very confused about the situation. We are apparently still not in "reality" since we are in space and being invaded by a tribe of squirrels from a jungle.

In a world of violence, the cross, that eminently counter-cultural symbol that lies at the heart of the Christian faith, is a scandal. -Miroslav Wolf

Visit my blog!