CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Merry Marauders

Merry Marauders Mouser's PbP game.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:54 PM
I am the one you warned me of

Imaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant future
Default Subplot: Aaron Bails Out

Aaron looked around and pulled the medical emergency release lever to pop the top.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute

It takes Aaron a second to find the emergency release, then pulled it.

There is a rush of wind, a pop, and an explosion from beneath him. The rockets propelled him from below and shoved him into space. His armored space suit moved as he moved with the slight whir of servo motors.

His O2 and fuel gauge read "Full."

He was stopped short by a tether.

OOC: Roll Awareness check and Zero-G Maneuver (REF + 1d10)

"Jerusalem is not a settlement."
-Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old 08-10-2014, 08:15 PM

Imaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant future

Aaron was startled by the change in environment, but managed to remain aware of the situation he was in.

[Awareness 5 + Int 8 + d10] = 13 + 9 = 24
[Zero-G 0 + Ref 7 + d10 ] = 7 + 6 = 13
Old 08-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
Aaron was startled by the change in environment, but managed to remain aware of the situation he was in.

[Awareness 5 + Int 8 + d10] = 13 + 9 = 24
[Zero-G 0 + Ref 7 + d10 ] = 7 + 6 = 13
The double safety lines yanked tight and it was another minute or so of effort to get back onto the hull of the ship. By that time, the escape hatch had closed seamlessly with a sound he felt through his gloves, but could not hear.

There was a beacon several hundred meters away, and his oxygen sensor was already dropping. If he didn't keep his cool, he knew he would hyperventilate and die before he reached it.

OOC: Cool roll DC 15 to effectively preserve O2

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old 08-10-2014, 08:49 PM

"I'm not ready for this," thought Aaron as he struggled to move toward the beacon. "Oxygen dropping too fast...is there a leak in the suit...can't tell...not sure what is going on...how did I get out here...too far...O2 dropping too fast..." Aaron's mind raced as he tried to make it to the beacon. The O2 sensor seemed to drop unnaturally quickly as his breathing quickened.

[Cool 5 + 1d10] = 5 + 4 = 9
Old 08-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Quote:
"I'm not ready for this," thought Aaron as he struggled to move toward the beacon. "Oxygen dropping too fast...is there a leak in the suit...can't tell...not sure what is going on...how did I get out here...too far...O2 dropping too fast..." Aaron's mind raced as he tried to make it to the beacon. The O2 sensor seemed to drop unnaturally quickly as his breathing quickened.

[Cool 5 + 1d10] = 5 + 4 = 9
OOC: Roll Education (INT) and REF for a physics check to save your life, OR roll Endurance to stay awake until you reach the beacon despite the O2 dropping. Your choice, MacGyver.

-Terry Pratchett
Old 08-10-2014, 09:39 PM

Aaron steeled himself to slow his breathing as he drifted toward the beacon. Calming his mind, slowing his breathing. Calm, drifting...his mother reaching out to him when he fell down the stairs, her arms outstretched...drifting calmly...his father beckoning him to come discuss his choice about education...drifting serenely...his sensei challenging him to land a strike, taunting with a come on...drifting...drifting...drif................

[Endurance 3 + Body 5 + 1d10] = 8 + 4 = 12
Old 08-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Quote:
Aaron steeled himself to slow his breathing as he drifted toward the beacon. Calming his mind, slowing his breathing. Calm, drifting...his mother reaching out to him when he fell down the stairs, her arms outstretched...drifting calmly...his father beckoning him to come discuss his choice about education...drifting serenely...his sensei challenging him to land a strike, taunting with a come on...drifting...drifting...drif................

[Endurance 3 + Body 5 + 1d10] = 8 + 4 = 12
OOC: Last chance to survive this before running out of Oxygen - Push off and catch when you are closer. How many jumps it will take depends on your education roll. Whether you succeed depends on your REF check. No Athletics, so it's a blind roll.

-Terry Pratchett
Old 08-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Music begins to play in your helmet. "Ground Control to Major Tom..."

-Terry Pratchett
Old 08-10-2014, 09:55 PM

OOC: Yeah, wishing dice were being better to me now.

[Education 5 + INT 8 + 1d10] = 13 + 3 = 16
[REF 7 + 1d10] = 7 + 10 = 17 (second roll 4)

OOC: And wish answered. I thank the dice gods that they are focusing on he who is named Origen instead of me at this minute.