CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Merry Marauders

Merry Marauders Mouser's PbP game.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:41 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Salah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond repute

Kaue assessed the situation. He was at a tactical disadvantage to say the least. Outnumbered by larger foes, he was also prone. This called for some maneuvering. He quickly shot toward the door of the shop, staying low (easy enough) to avoid being easily grabbed.

Athletics skill=5 Ref=7 roll=8 total=20

In a world of violence, the cross, that eminently counter-cultural symbol that lies at the heart of the Christian faith, is a scandal. -Miroslav Wolf

Visit my blog!
Old 08-13-2014, 07:46 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salah_ad_Din View Post
Kaue assessed the situation. He was at a tactical disadvantage to say the least. Outnumbered by larger foes, he was also prone. This called for some maneuvering. He quickly shot toward the door of the shop, staying low (easy enough) to avoid being easily grabbed.

Athletics skill=5 Ref=7 roll=8 total=20
The leader of the yoots reached out and nearly snagged his trousers, but missed.

Kaue was now safely inside the store.

"We'll get him when he comes out." Explained the leader.

"Jerusalem is not a settlement."
-Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old 08-14-2014, 08:17 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Salah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond repute

Kaue ran inside and looked for the owner. "I need a pack of smokes!" he called out, as he approached the counter.

OOC:On the road traveling until Saturday night so I will check in intermittently.

In a world of violence, the cross, that eminently counter-cultural symbol that lies at the heart of the Christian faith, is a scandal. -Miroslav Wolf

Visit my blog!
Old 08-16-2014, 11:44 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

"Senor," Kaue called out again. "I need pack of smokes please."

Visit my blog!
Old 08-17-2014, 12:04 AM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Senor," Kaue called out again. "I need pack of smokes please."
The huge man behind the counter looked at him accusingly. "Did you antagonize dem boys out dere? Cause they sound pretty riled."

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old 08-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
The huge man behind the counter looked at him accusingly. "Did you antagonize dem boys out dere? Cause they sound pretty riled."
"I hit ground and hurt nose. They laugh. I ran and they not catch me into store."

"Where is 'pack of smokes' I need?" Kaue insisted. He showed the trading paper to the shop owner.

Kaue watched the owner's eyes closely to see if he could identify 'pack of smokes'.

Awareness 4 + Roll 4+ 8 INT=16

Visit my blog!
Old 08-17-2014, 12:23 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Quote:
Awareness 4 + Roll 4+ 8 INT=16
You see a huge set of shelves behind him.

The clerk reached out and took the cash, then reached behind him and took a carton of cigarettes.

"You came into dere 'hood, little man. Dat's incitement, dat is. You lucky you made it in here. You better leave out da back."

He jabbed his thumb at a locked rear door.

"You start a fight, mebbe you die."

There is no way to look out the back door to see what is there.

-Terry Pratchett
Old 08-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Kaue considered the shopkeeper's words. If he went out the front, he might die. Kaue had joined the Marines eagerly, hoping for exactly that. But, it must be glorious -it must be a death worthy of a warrior. Only then could he erase the shame of his tribe. He had been chosen by his people, and he could not disappoint them.

This might just be training, but he should train for his mission. His real mission. Going out the back would not do.

"I need some things for soup" Kaue added, as his eyes swept the shelves of the store. Glancing around the store for something useful, he found a large box of black pepper. He shoved the change from his earlier purchase onto the counter and headed toward the front door.

OOC:Kaue will use his melee skill. If the rolling pin is not suitable for that he will grab a suitable item on the way out.

Tucking his shirt into his pants, Kaue dropped the carton of cigarettes down his back. He removed the lid from the pepper and covered the top with his hand. Grabbing up his rolling pin, he opened the door and charged outside. As the boys looked at Kaue, he flung his arm wide, broadcasting the black pepper at their eyes level.

Reflex =7 +roll 5 =12

Sprinting forward, he aimed a blow of his rolling pin at the testicles of one of the boys blocking the sidewalk.

Reflex 7 +roll 8 +melee 6 -3 second action=18

If damage roll d6=5

This would be a glorious virtual death or a painful lesson, maybe both.

Visit my blog!
Old 08-17-2014, 05:33 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Quote:
Kaue considered the shopkeeper's words. If he went out the front, he might die. Kaue had joined the Marines eagerly, hoping for exactly that. But, it must be glorious -it must be a death worthy of a warrior. Only then could he erase the shame of his tribe. He had been chosen by his people, and he could not disappoint them.

This might just be training, but he should train for his mission. His real mission. Going out the back would not do.

"I need some things for soup" Kaue added, as his eyes swept the shelves of the store. Glancing around the store for something useful, he found a large box of black pepper. He shoved the change from his earlier purchase onto the counter and headed toward the front door.

OOC:Kaue will use his melee skill. If the rolling pin is not suitable for that he will grab a suitable item on the way out.

Tucking his shirt into his pants, Kaue dropped the carton of cigarettes down his back. He removed the lid from the pepper and covered the top with his hand. Grabbing up his rolling pin, he opened the door and charged outside. As the boys looked at Kaue, he flung his arm wide, broadcasting the black pepper at their eyes level.

Reflex =7 +roll 5 =12

Sprinting forward, he aimed a blow of his rolling pin at the testicles of one of the boys blocking the sidewalk.

Reflex 7 +roll 8 +melee 6 -3 second action=18

If damage roll d6=5

This would be a glorious virtual death or a painful lesson, maybe both.
OOC: Aimed shots are another -3 penalty to your attack. Just FYI, because there's nobody out there.

Kaue burst out the front door ready for anything and there was nothing there.

The boys were gone.

A yell of "Hey! Come back here with that pepper! You didn't pay for it!"

-Terry Pratchett
Old 08-17-2014, 10:30 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
OOC: Aimed shots are another -3 penalty to your attack. Just FYI, because there's nobody out there.

Kaue burst out the front door ready for anything and there was nothing there.

The boys were gone.

A yell of "Hey! Come back here with that pepper! You didn't pay for it!"
"The money on the table!" Kaue called back.

Not a thief, he snapped the lid on the pepper and slid it back inside the door. He sprinted back down the street toward the alley with the kitchen. If there would not be a glorious death in this dream, at least there might be delicious fish stew.

Visit my blog!