CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Merry Marauders

Merry Marauders Mouser's PbP game.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Season 1: Episode 1 "Combat Training: Brought to you by Militech!"

As usual, the sirens go off at Zero Dark 30.

Since none of you has access to any sort of time piece, you have no idea exactly how little sleep you just got, but it's safe to say, "Not a lot."

You immediately jump to your feet, dress, and step out of your sleep pods at perfect attention. Hardly anyone yawns. A new Drill Instructor stands in the middle of the room.

A full quarter of his head and his left eye are covered with a chrome cyber-replacement. As he looks around the room, a laser sighting dot follows his gaze. It sweeps over every single forehead in the room before winking out.

He screams as loudly as he can: "Attention to Orders!"

An enhanced voice booms from the speakers recessed in the ceiling in poorly translated Japanese: "This portion of your training is brought to you by Militech Industries. Militech Industries. For when you are in a room full of incestuous men who have had carnal relations with their mothers and you urgently wish their demise."

The new instructor continues at a normal volume, "All right, boys. Time for combat training. Back in your pods!"

You all step back into your pods and feel a painful shock as your pod snaps into your neural links.

You find yourselves on a flat and open plane. A rack of Militech Ronin Light Assault Rifles and thousands of magazines filled with ammunition stand before you all.

You hear a growling sound like a rabid rottweiler on steroids behind you.

A command fills the empty space. "Arm yourselves. On the bounce, boys. On the bounce."

Everyone roll a (Cool + 1d10): DC-15 (Solos, add Combat Sense to your roll)

"Jerusalem is not a settlement."
-Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett

Last edited by Mouser; 07-15-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

(Note: I don't plan on posting very many dice rolls, but I really did get an exploding die roll on my first check, I'm not just dicking with the GM immediately after asking about a dice roller.)

(Presumably if anyone beats a 23 they'd go ahead of Anders, but I'm just going to post something to get things started.)

Anders was dreaming of throttling the previous drill instructor, and disappointed to learn that a new instructor had taken his place. Shaking off his disappointment, he turned to arm himself and load his weapon in a single fluid motion, the action becoming nearly second nature after endless hours of drills. He looked to find the source of the growling, and whether there was any cover at all that he could place between himself and whatever the hell this thing was.

(Do we have space on our person for extra magazines?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anders_cool_roll_asplode.jpg (19.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 07-15-2014, 10:59 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute

Anders turned smoothly, aiming his rifle at the direction of the sound.

(The Cool roll is just that. To see if you keep your cool under pressure.)

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old 07-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Ridin' a starry range.

CosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCosmicCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

[[Cool Roll=8+5+CA4=17. I made it, I think?]]

Cooper struggled to his still aching feet, having just walked in to base that morning, dressed only in bark sandles and a chaffing loin clothe of leaves. Having passed (he hoped) the orientation test he was rewarded with a (hot!) shower, a meal, and the task of mapping the base with a yard stick. Exhaustion having set in, he had hoped for a full nights sleep.

Alas.

He blinked once from the shock of the neural link and then grabbed a rifle, slapping in a magazine as he pivoted to locate the threat.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:31 AM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

Slyde quietly gets up and moves smoothly to the weapons locker, scanning in the direction of the locker for additional threats. Assuming he sees none, he reaches in and pulls the Ronin out and then works the bolt quickly to check the working and charge state of the rifle. If loaded, he swings with the rifle at low towards the noise and brings the rifle up when he won't be sweeping his squadmates. If not loaded he grabs a pair of magazines, keeps moving using the locker as cover while he loads and then turns in the same way.

17(ref 5, roll 7, CA 5)

Last edited by Baelfyre; 07-17-2014 at 08:25 AM. Reason: brain fart on cool roll instead of ref roll
Old 07-16-2014, 08:48 AM
I am the one you warned me of

Imaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant future

Aaron jacked into the pod, shocked by the program loading. With the sound of the growling and the disorientation with the program, he fumbled with his weapon and dropped it. (Cool 5 + 1 = 6)
Old 07-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Manly and Impulsive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
(Cool 5 + 1 = 6)
OUR VERY FIRST CRITICAL FUMBLE!!

Roll my friend. Roll for your very life.

-Terry Pratchett

Last edited by Mouser; 07-16-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:52 AM
I am the one you warned me of

Imaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant future

9 on the second roll. Just looked it up in the book. Good thing I'm a medic.

Last edited by Imaginos; 07-16-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:35 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Salah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond repute

Cool 8+ Combat Awareness 5+ Die Roll 3= 16

Kaue didn't like the dream machine. It always sent him to strange places. The other recruits had tried to explain that it was like watching television in your head, but Kaue did not like the television either. He still suspected that the machine was ripping his soul from his body and sending it to a spirit realm. He tried to center himself and make sure his soul remained connected by the thread of life.

The growling sound pulled Kaue away from his meditation. He must act.

"Arm yourselves. On the bounce, boys. On the bounce."

Kaue understood the order, and watched a few of his fellow Marines leap to the rack for arms. He considered his options and decided that the rifle would at least serve as a suitable club if it came to a fight. He leapt to the rack, grabbed a rifle, loaded a magazine, and tucked another into his belt, chambering a round as he turned to survey what danger he must face.

OCC:I would also like to add an "Ambush" skill roll if that is what is happening.

Ambush 5+ Roll 6 (Do I add Int 8?)

In a world of violence, the cross, that eminently counter-cultural symbol that lies at the heart of the Christian faith, is a scandal. -Miroslav Wolf

Visit my blog!
Old 07-17-2014, 08:40 AM
Manly and Impulsive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
9 on the second roll.
Aaron froze. The sound of bolts clacking into place and the eerie growling terrified him. A sound filled his ears, adding a higher pitch to the low rumble just behind him.

He forgot to take a rifle.

He forgot his name.

He screamed in terror and turned to see...

-Terry Pratchett