CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Merry Marauders

Merry Marauders Mouser's PbP game.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anders Tillmann, poet warrior, Marine Recruit

That's right, motherfuckers, I'm playing the bard.

=================

Die Sonne scheint mir aus den Händen
Kann verbrennen, kann euch blenden
Wenn sie aus den Fäusten bricht
Legt sie heiss auf das Gesicht

Anders Tillmann was born on 4 Jan. 2013 in Leipzig, Germany, and grew up in the village of Wendisch-Rambow near Schwerin. His father is the corporate children's author Werner Tillmann, and his mother, Brigitte "Gitta" Hildegard Tillmann, was a corporate journalist and writer until her recent retirement. Anders has a sister, Marina, who is six years his junior. At age 11 he went to a sports school at the Empor Rostock Sport Club, and from 2027 to 2030 attended a boarding school. His parents lived separately for career reasons after 2025.

In 2030, Anders was a participant in the European Junior Swimming Championships in Florence, finishing 11th in the 1500 m freestyle, and seventh in the 400 m freestyle with a time of 4m 14.58s. Anders was shortlisted to go to the 2032 Olympics in Moscow, but discontinued the sport soon after the '30 Championships because of a shoulder injury. Anders never really liked the sport school, as it was very intense, but as a child he didn't have the wherewithal to object.

Lacking the focus once provided by his athletics training, Anders drifted from job to job in early adulthood, working as an apprentice carpenter, a peat cutter, a basket weaver, and finally as a stage technician. He developed some facility with pyrotechnics, and then began performing with the Alte Deutsche Härte band Arsch Stein, first as its drummer, and then as its lead singer and lyricist. Anders rigged many of Arsch Stein's pyrotechnics himself, which led to frequent burns during his performing career. Adamant about not going corporate as his parents did, Arsch Stein broke up on Anders's 27th birthday, and he joined the Colonial Marines shortly thereafter as a way to avoid another period of drifting.

(Mechanics to be provided by the GM.)

Last edited by Mouser; 07-11-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:19 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

I had some time last night/this morning, so I took a stab at the mechanics. All pending GM approval, of course. The basic idea is that the raw material is there for Anders to be a big star, but the really low Luck is in part a reflection of his lack of success in hitting the big time.

The Martial Arts (Boxing) has been retconned to Brawling, with slight downward adjustments to Perform, Wardrobe/Style, and Composition, and Anders now has more Tech skills.

=================

Anders Tillmann, Poet Warrior
Date of Birth: Jan. 4, 2013
Country of Origin: Germany
Educational Attainment: High School
Hobbies: Poetry, Swimming, Building Things, Blowing Things Up, Building Things To Blow Them Up Later

Stats [50 points]
INT 6
REF 8
TECH 6
COOL 6
ATTR 5
LUCK 2
MA 4
BODY 8
EMP 5

Starting Humanity: 50
Current Humanity: 42 (including +1 HR from Indoc)

Career Skills [40 points]
Charismatic Leadership 6
Awareness/Notice 5
Perform 5
Wardrobe & Style 5
Composition 5
Brawling 3
Play Instrument (Drums) 1
Streetwise 3
Persuasion 3
Seduction 4

Pickup Skills [14 points]
Athletics 5 [5]
Heavy Weapons 2 [2]
Basic Tech 3 [3]
Demolitions 2 [2]
Weapons Tech 2 [2]

Improvement Skills
Personal Grooming 1
Rifles 4 [70 IP]
Tactics 1

Cyber Enhancements
Basic Processor (1d6 = 6 Empathy Cost)
Interface Plugs (1d6 = 3 Empathy Cost)

Possessions
Standard Colonial Marine Recruit Fatigues

Last edited by Detritus; 08-22-2014 at 03:55 AM. Reason: retcon from ruling on initial skill costs
Old 07-12-2014, 01:25 PM

This is where the BODY 8 and Heavy Weapons 2 comes from:

Old 07-13-2014, 07:41 PM

"Dammit, son, did an entire family of bluejays empty the pot on that pointy noggin of yours?! If you were planning on just having that ridiculous mop of yours cut off as is, you can forget about it! Wash that crap out of your hair before seeing the barber! I don't want him to have to sully his blades when you're in his chair!"

"Sieg. Heil."

"What did you just say, boy?!"

"Sieg Heil!"

"THE CORRECT ANSWER IS 'SIEG HEIL, SIR!' I have the signal pleasure of your company for the next thirteen weeks--thirteen weeks if I'm lucky--and in that time I will be your god! You will therefore address me as 'Sir' at all times! Do I make myself clear?!"

"Sieg Heil, Sir!"

"Good! Now drop and give me fifty for missing 'Sir,' and another fifty for that filthy German mouth of yours. And I want to hear you count them out in the dulcet tones of that Rockergirl voice of yours! Damn Rockergirls, you're the worst. Some day one of you mental defectives will have to explain to me the cognitive impairment that leads you to conclude that signing on for a hitch in the Colonial Marines is a good idea! Is it that you want to be able to rail against the armed forces from an insider's perspective? Is that it?! Then you're in the right place, worm, because when I'm through with you you'll have enough material for a hundred albums!"

Last edited by Detritus; 07-14-2014 at 01:05 AM. Reason: changed 'filthy German tongue' to 'filthy German mouth'
Old 07-15-2014, 03:52 AM

Anders gritted his teeth as he turned to make his way up The Hill yet again, fully laden pack strapped to his back. The Hill, that's all they called it here at boot camp. Judging by the burn he felt throughout his body, the Colonial Marines had a marvelous knack for understatement.

PT was like competitive swimming training to the nth degree. The old resentments welled up a hundred times stronger than they had ever been during his youth. And yet… A residue of the discipline his athletic training had instilled in him remained even after all these years. The drill sergeants were breaking him back to that old, hated standard as surely as the river cut its way through the canyon. His resentment surged, and he resolved to go up The Hill one more time. He strode towards the slope, but that first step never landed. Instead, a drill sergeant hauled him backwards by his pack.

"Private Tillmann! Were you daydreaming during the climb? Did I really just see that?!"

"I'm sorry, sir! It won't happen again, sir!"

"You're sorry?! You're sorry?!?!" The drill sergeant invested the word with utmost scorn. "Sorry won't bring your platoon back when you get them all killed because of a lapse in concentration!" The sergeant turned and whistled.

"Get me a double load for Private Tillmann here!" All Anders could do was stand in place as adjutants to the quartermaster complied with the sergeant's order. He felt like he would sink into the earth once they had finished.

"Now, where were you in your count, Private?"

"Sixteen, sir!"

"Very good! Now here is what you will do. You will go up that hill, and each time you make it up you will count backwards towards zero, and then back up again to sixteen before you will be allowed to proceed to twenty! Do I make myself clear?!"

Anders's heart sank as the sergeant gave the order.

"DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR, WORM?!"

"Yes, sir!"

"Good! Now get your ass back up that hill, Private Sissypiss!"

Anders trudged up The Hill feeling like his spine would snap at any moment. As he neared the top, he straightened while still on the slope. His arms windmilled in cartoonish fashion before he tipped over and rolled down The Hill, double load still strapped to his back.

"Dammit, Private Sissypiss, you couldn't even make it up The Hill one time? Where did you serve before enlisting here, in the German Pansy Divisions?? Private Yellow Sissypiss of the 69th Pansy Division, is that who you are?? You're a disgrace to the uniform! It shames me that you're one of my charges! Today you fail! And tomorrow you still owe me thirty-six trips up the Hill with that double load! And we'll keep doing this until you give me what I'm owed! I always collect on my debts!"

Anders's jaw worked, but no sound came out. His eyes rolled back into his head and he passed out.

"Medic!"
Old 08-11-2014, 03:17 AM

I just learned that I have to move out of the room I'm renting in my friends' house because they have another friend who needs it more. The move will happen in late August or early September, so between the new job and moving, I could be somewhat scarce for the next little while, or at least only be able to check in on the game sporadically. Apologies in advance for any disruption to the game, I will definitely be looking to get back to checking in on a regular basis ASAP.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute

Natürlich. Ich wünsche ihnen alles Gute. Komm wieder, wenn sie bereit sind.

"Jerusalem is not a settlement."
-Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old 08-11-2014, 09:50 PM

Danke, daß ist nett von Ihnen.

Given that I've already, in my official capacity as the party's bard, gotten to make a YM joke and look up/use the German word for epistemology, I think things are going swimmingly well. It does remain to be seen how effective Anders will be in the field.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:57 AM

I took the 70 IP and bought up Anders' Rifles skill from +0 to +4, and updated the posted character sheet above to reflect this change.