CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Merry Marauders

Merry Marauders Mouser's PbP game.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:43 PM
I am the one you warned me of

Imaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant future
Default Aaron Tyson Stone, MedTech, Marine Recruit

Aaron Tyson Stone, MedTech
Birth date: July 4, 2014
Country of Origin: USA

STATS:
INT - 8
REF - 7
TECH - 5
COOL - 5
ATTR - 5
LUCK - 5
MA - 5
BODY - 5
EMP - 5

RUN (MAx3): 15 m (45 m)
LEAP (RUN/4): 3.75 m

Starting Humanity 50
Current Humanity 44
- Basic processor (2 humanity cost)
- Interface plugs (5 humanity cost)
- Humanity gain +1

Professional Skills (40 pts)
Medical Tech - 5
Awareness/Notice - 5
Basic Tech - 4
Diagnose - 5
Education - 5
Cryotank Operation - 3
Human Perception - 3
Library Search - 3
Pharmaceuticals - 4
Zoology - 3

Pickup Skills (15 pts)
Martial Art - Jujitsu* - 3
Artist (drawing/painting) - 2
Cooking - 4
Persuasion & Fast Talk - 3
Endurance - 3

*For gaming purposes, Jujitsu is the same as Aikido

Military training skills (unless noted in above as increases)
Personal Grooming - 1
Tactics (Military Grunt, Military Officer) - 1
Zero-G Maneuver - 1
Space Survival - 1
Rifle - 4 (spent all 70 points here)

Educations: EMT certifications, completed pre-med in college, some medical education but chose to volunteer so he could have "an adventure" before medical school

Hobbies: Artist (drawing/painting), Cooking, Jujitsu
Profession: EMT, Marine Corp recruit

Background: Aaron Tyson Stone was born in New York City on Independence Day in 2014. His father was an Oncologist at New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell. His mother was a Psychiatrist at the same location. He learned from his parents the importance of putting others before himself.

From a young age, his parents emphasized the importance of becoming a rounded person, though they rarely noticed him doing so. Aaron had private tutors in art and jujitsu throughout his primary and secondary education. He enjoyed teaching himself to cook for his parents, though they were often preoccupied with their patient profiles. Nevertheless, he kept trying to impress them.

After he completed high school, he went on to New York University and studied pre-med. His desires to excel for his parents and gain their recognition drove him to burn the candle at both ends. While he was going to college, he received his EMT certification and began duties as an emergency medical technician in the grittier streets of New York. He saw much darker sides of the world in this part of his life, but continued to pursue both his career and his education. The stress began to take its toll on him, and he began using stimulants to keep up his activities.

Aaron completed his undergraduate degree in Biology as pre-med and was accepted in the New York University School of Medicine higher education program in 2036. He began his graduate training and started is pre-residency in the ER in 2039. Feeling a call for more and seeing fewer doctors wanting to enter the military to assist the marines, Aaron made the call to volunteer in the Marines instead of continuing his ER residency.

Cyber Enhancements:
Basic Processor (humanity cost 2)
Interface Plugs (Base of Skull) (humanity cost 5)

Possessions:
Standard Colonial Marine Recruit Fatigues
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rob-k.jpg (31.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Imaginos; 08-27-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:54 AM

Imaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant future

"I can do this. I can do this." Aaron muttered to himself as he climbed over the wall for what felt like the 10th time. The workout regimen was tougher, longer, and far more strenuous than he expected. He knew he'd get the bald cap. Anyone who ever read the stories knew that happened. Heck, the med-techs in the vaccination lines taunted the recruits with it. Especially if the recruit took any care or pride in their hair. "It's not like I'm conceited or cocky, but the good looking hair was always something that helped the initial soothing of the patients when I was called to an emergency. A nice smile, good looking guy, it always helped the patients."

Aaron continued the obstacle course and came up out of the mud pit under the barbed wire. In the back of his mind, he was ready for the gun shots to be fired as he came to his feet. It had happened every time in the course so far. What he wasn't expecting was the baton slamming into his gut, dropping him in a roll and losing his breath.

"If I want a recruit to count the black jack deck, I'll call you up and tell you to get yer ass over there. But if you are running in MY obstacle course, you will pay attention at all times. I don't care if you are tired. I don't care if you twisted a knee or slipped and caught the wire. You will watch and pay attention anytime you are on my course! Do you understand me?"

Aaron croaked out a "Yes...sir" trying to catch his breath and recover from the unexpected blow.

"I cannot hear you! Get up on your feet, then drop and give me 50 you worthless ration card!"

Aaron struggled to his feet, shouted "Yes sir!" then dropped and began the push ups. All the while questioning if the search for adventure was worth the work involved. As he counted each push up aloud, in his mind each was followed up with "I can do this".

----------------------------------------------

"So which of you dumb shits think you know how to fight?" barked the drill instructor. "How many of you shiny headed mother fuckers think you grew up on the streets and learned how to defend yourselves? You! Stone! You are looking pretty smug and confident. Step your ass to the front here and let the other recruits see what your mommy and daddy's money paid for!"

Aaron stepped up as he was instructed. He was already starting to learn that he needed to stop staring the instructors in the eye. He needed to develop that dead blank stare some of the other guys were mastering. He entered into a defensive stance as the instructor pulled out two batons and flicked them to full extension.

"Neither of these are for you boy. Actually, they are. Both of them. Just not the way you might like." With that, the instructor came at Aaron quickly with the batons pinwheeling. Aaron was able to divert the first strike, but it was a decoy intended to do just that. The second strike came in sharp and struck his thigh. The follow up strikes came up his sides as the instructor stepped back. Aaron could feel the contusions starting.

"Again!" and the drill instructor moved in on him once again.

Aaron took a slightly different approach this time, blocking and disarming the instructor, then bringing a strike into the sergeant's thigh, in a similar shot to the one he took. He knew the mistake when the instructor smiled as the other baton came in with a sharp blow to the side of his temple, and Aaron collapsed to the ground.

"Medic!"
Old 07-15-2014, 12:58 AM

"100! I am recruit Aaron Tyson Stone, sir!" Aaron finished the 100th pushup, his arms worn out. His discipline not letting him give up.

"And what were you before you became a waste of a ration card?!?"

"EMT sir!"

"What the fuck does EMT mean maggot? Eat my taint? Early masturbation toy?"

"No sir! Emergency medical technician, sir!"

"So you think you're a doctor Stone?"

"No sir. I don't think sir! I was a med-tech sir! Before I stopped thinking sir!"

"Are you a wise ass pulling my wiener Stone? Do you think you can outsmart me, outwit me, out talk me, out fart me?"

"No sir!"

"From this point on, you will carry a medical kit in addition to the rest of your gear Stone! If one of the other recruits falls down and has a boo-boo, I expect your fancy ass to stop and treat them. Then I expect you to do 50 push ups. Then I expect you to finish the fucking exercise before whoever was ahead of you when you stopped to help the nancy boy that needed a wet-fucking-nurse to give him a band-aid! Do you understand me Stone?"

"Sir yes sir! Where do I requisition the med-kit sir?"

"I've got your med-kit over here Stone." The drill instructor walked over to an empty rucksack, picked it up, began stuffing weights in the bottom, filling the sack. Then he tossed a med-kit on top. "This here is your fucking med-kit Stone! I don't want to see you taking a piss or dropping a log without this thing with you. You will carry this at all times! Do you understand me?"

Taking the pack and heaving it up on a shoulder, Aaron grunted with the weight. "Sir, yes sir!"

Aaron glanced at the other recruits, seeing nobody else shouldering a similar burden. Then again, nobody else had stopped to help recruit Lewis when a misstep in the obstacle course twisted Lewis' knee, causing an acute tear of the ACL.

"You are not who you were recruit! You are the property of the Colonial Marines! Now drop and give me 50, with your new med-kit!"

"One sir! Two sir! Three sir!..." Aaron could feel the punishment building and wondered where the breaking point would be.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:32 PM

Original version, before updates so the updates stay in the top sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
Aaron Tyson Stone, MedTech
Birth date: July 4, 2014
Country of Origin: USA

STATS:
INT - 8
REF - 7
TECH - 5
COOL - 5
ATTR - 5
LUCK - 5
MA - 5
BODY - 5
EMP - 5

RUN (MAx3): 15 m (45 m)
LEAP (RUN/4): 3.75 m

Starting Humanity 50
Current Humanity 43
- Basic processor (2 humanity cost)
- Interface plugs (5 humanity cost)

Professional Skills (40 pts)
Medical Tech - 5
Awareness/Notice - 5
Basic Tech - 4
Diagnose - 5
Education - 5
Cryotank Operation - 3
Human Perception - 3
Library Search - 3
Pharmaceuticals - 4
Zoology - 3

Pickup Skills (15 pts)
Martial Art - Jujitsu* - 3
Artist (drawing/painting) - 2
Cooking - 4
Persuasion & Fast Talk - 3
Endurance - 3

*For gaming purposes, Jujitsu is the same as Aikido

Educations: EMT certifications, completed pre-med in college, some medical education but chose to volunteer so he could have "an adventure" before medical school

Hobbies: Artist (drawing/painting), Cooking, Jujitsu
Profession: EMT, Marine Corp recruit

Cyber Enhancements:
Basic Processor (humanity cost 2)
Interface Plugs (Base of Skull) (humanity cost 5)

Possessions:
Standard Colonial Marine Recruit Fatigues