CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > CriticalFumble.net Community Forums > Gamers: Ethics & Religion

Gamers: Ethics & Religion Discussion of ethics and religion and what place they have around the gaming table. The point of this forum is to give space to all the ethical stuff that is or is not relevant that gamers insist on talking about anyway. Also much discussion of real-world issues including religion and politics. THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR THE THIN-SKINNED! You have been warned.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute

That he shot and killed a Jew may be what gets him acquitted.

"Jerusalem is not a settlement."
-Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old 12-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Salah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
That he shot and killed a Jew may be what gets him acquitted.
I don't think you appreciate the elements of Lebanese culture and jurisprudence that I'm trying to convey here, but it's not worth arguing over.

In a world of violence, the cross, that eminently counter-cultural symbol that lies at the heart of the Christian faith, is a scandal. -Miroslav Wolf

Visit my blog!
Old 12-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salah_ad_Din View Post
I don't think you appreciate the elements of Lebanese culture and jurisprudence that I'm trying to convey here, but it's not worth arguing over.
I am certain that Lebanon has laws and customs that are very important to them, and that they feel are good and proper.

I am just as certain that Lebanon will be very confused and dismayed when they face G-d's judgement for their evil behavior.

We don't have to go to Biblical times to find an example. We can see Syria imploding with their own evil as they tear themselves apart.

G-d's Retribution is often simply allowing people to follow their own desires.

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old 12-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Salah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I am just as certain that Lebanon will be very confused and dismayed when they face G-d's judgement for their evil behavior.
I think that's true of every person or nation who faces judgement by a Holy and perfect God. My own nation is certainly no exception, we have much to answer for in our arrogance and indifference to the poor and needy. Those are, after all, crimes worthy of destruction by fire and brimstone.

But God loves Lebanon, and has promised to redeem it.

Isaiah 29
17Isn’t it true that in just a little while
Lebanon will become an orchard,
and the orchard will seem like a forest?
18On that day the deaf will hear
the words of a document,
and out of a deep darkness
the eyes of the blind will see.
19The humble will have joy
after joy in the LORD,
and the poor people will rejoice
in the Holy One of Israel.

I look forward to a much brighter future that God has promised.

Quote:
We can see Syria imploding with their own evil as they tear themselves apart.

G-d's Retribution is often simply allowing people to follow their own desires.
Be careful about condemning a group of people as evil because a great tragedy happened to them.

In a world of violence, the cross, that eminently counter-cultural symbol that lies at the heart of the Christian faith, is a scandal. -Miroslav Wolf

Visit my blog!
Old 12-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Quote:
Be careful about condemning a group of people as evil because a great tragedy happened to them.
You misunderstand. I do not condemn Syria as evil because a tragedy happened to them.

Their tragedy continues to happen to them because they choose to do evil to each other.

And I'm pretty sure that you're taking Isaiah out of context, but let us leave that unexamined. I am fairly sure we disagree about a lot of Isaiah's prophecies.

-Terry Pratchett
Old 12-26-2013, 08:10 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Default Egypt names Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group

Egypt names Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group

CAIRO: Egypt's military-backed interim government on Wednesday declared the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group, criminalizing all its activities, its financing and even membership to the group from which the country's ousted president hails.

The announcement is aimed at crippling the Brotherhood and poses a dramatic escalation of the fight between the government and group, which has waged near-daily protests since the July 3 popularly backed military coup that toppled President Mohammad Morsi.

Hossam Eissa, the Minister of Higher Education, read out the Cabinet statement after long meeting. Eissa said that the decision was in response to Tuesday's deadly bombing targeting a police headquarters in a Nile Delta city which killed 16 people and wounded more than 100. The Brotherhood has denied being responsible for Mansoura attack and an al-Qaida inspired group has claimed responsibility for the suicide bombing on Wednesday.

"Egypt was horrified from north to south by the hideous crime committed by the Muslim Brotherhood group," Eissa said. "This was in context of dangerous escalation to violence against Egypt and Egyptians (and) a clear declaration by the Muslim Brotherhood group that it is still knows nothing but violence."

"It's not possible for Egypt the state nor Egypt the people to submit to the Muslim Brotherhood terrorism," he added.

Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Mid...#ixzz2oa9AnyTo
(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb)

Visit my blog!
Old 12-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Default Israeli cluster bomb wounds hunter in southern Lebanon

Blast wounds hunter, kills dog in s. Lebanon

SIDON, Lebanon: A Lebanese man was severely wounded Wednesday and his hunting dog perished when an object, suspected to be a cluster bomb left by Israelís Army, exploded in south Lebanon.

Security sources told The Daily Star Hasan Abbas Hamieh was hunting on the outskirts of Kfar Hatta, a village in the Sidon province that sits at the edge of Iqlim al-Tuffah region, when his dog apparently stepped on the object.

They said the dog was instantly killed. Hamieh was taken to a Sidon hospital for treatment.

The sources said they believe the explosion was the result of a cluster bomb left over from the July-August 2006 war between Israel and Lebanon. Israel dropped thousands of unexploded ordinances on south Lebanon during the 34-day war.

Visit my blog!
Old 12-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Quote:
Blast wounds hunter, kills dog in s. Lebanon

SIDON, Lebanon: A Lebanese man was severely wounded Wednesday and his hunting dog perished when an object, suspected to be a cluster bomb left by Israelís Army, exploded in south Lebanon.
The cluster bombs dropped during the 2006 war, and the minefields that were laid are still an ongoing hazard to the people of the region. Shepherds, children playing, and crews picking produce all fall victim to the unexploded ordinance littering the region. Most areas are marked, supposedly, and cleanup is happening slowly, but it may be many years until the problem is resolved.

These munitions and mines should never be used, ever, by any army that claims moral or ethical standards.

Visit my blog!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:21 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...rafat-poisoned

The Russians can't be trusted on this since they are one of the suspects. The French and Swiss results are mixed. I don't think there's a definite answer on this, but there's not a smoking gun, to be sure.

Visit my blog!
Old 12-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Manly and Impulsive!

Bomb Blast In Beirut Kills Former Ambassador To U.S.

http://n.pr/1btjAqI

-Terry Pratchett

Tags
am yisrael chai, middle east, mouser ain't funny, mouser is a penis, mouser is an uncut penis