CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > CriticalFumble.net Community Forums > Gamers: Ethics & Religion

Gamers: Ethics & Religion Discussion of ethics and religion and what place they have around the gaming table. The point of this forum is to give space to all the ethical stuff that is or is not relevant that gamers insist on talking about anyway. Also much discussion of real-world issues including religion and politics. THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR THE THIN-SKINNED! You have been warned.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:41 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Salah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.93bb0f476a8d

I don't expect the protests in Iran to blow up (as they did during the "Arab Spring" in some Middle Eastern Countries), but I suspect they are part of an ever-increasing demand for government reforms in Iran.

Iranians are angry because of inflation and unemployment, and the recent lifting of sanctions and economic improvements doesn't seem to have helped the lot of the average worker. Iranians have seen their living standards decline over recent decades, and they are not content to live in poverty. The government has poured a lot of money into Hezbollah and the Assad regime, and Iranians are not excited about bankrolling those groups.

One thing the media has not covered as much is the differences in religious commitment between the government and the people. Mosque attendance has been in a strong decline for years, and I have read estimates that less than 1/3 of Iranians attend at all. That does not lend itself to support of a theocratic State.

In the long run, the Mullahs are going to have to let go of power, or have it taken from them on the streets.

In a world of violence, the cross, that eminently counter-cultural symbol that lies at the heart of the Christian faith, is a scandal. -Miroslav Wolf

Visit my blog!
Old 01-05-2018, 12:10 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Salah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond repute

Egypt has a strong Islamist undercurrent, which is held in check by a larger moderate population. The attempts at Islamist control have always been rebuffed (as Morsi discovered), but this does not bode well.

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/ne...id-moral-panic

They Parliament is moving to outlaw atheism. There are significant atheist populations in many Muslim countries, but it just isn't talked about much among Muslims.

In a world of violence, the cross, that eminently counter-cultural symbol that lies at the heart of the Christian faith, is a scandal. -Miroslav Wolf

Visit my blog!
Old 01-05-2018, 11:57 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

I can't imagine what gave the French this idea.

Quote:
French President Emmanuel Macron has accused the U.S., Israel and Saudi Arabia of instigating a war as their mutual foe, Iran, was rocked by a week of protests.

Macron on Wednesday joined several other world leaders to weigh in on protests that began as demonstrations against austerity measures under Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and later spilled into isolated, deadly clashes between civilians and security forces. The French leader called for dialogue with Tehran and criticized three of his international partners for pursuing what he considered bellicose policies toward a country the trio have increasingly sought to isolate and undermine in recent years.
http://www.newsweek.com/us-israel-sa...ce-says-770728

With the war in Syria winding down, our military-industrial complex needs to open a new front somewhere else. We can't have those corporate profits sagging!

Visit my blog!
Old 01-08-2018, 06:06 AM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salah_ad_Din View Post
A Girl’s Chutzpah: Three Reasons a Palestinian Teenage Girl Is Driving Israel Insane

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.830229

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opi...194606359.html
I saw the video. That's a misrepresentation of what happened.

"Jerusalem is not a settlement."
-Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old 01-08-2018, 03:37 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

David Argall is an evil overlordDavid Argall is an evil overlordDavid Argall is an evil overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I saw the video. That's a misrepresentation of what happened.
As noted before, a claim of misrepresentation needs supports, such as a description of what did happen.

David Argall
Old 01-09-2018, 11:14 PM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Origen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond repute

A child pulled from the rubble after a bombardment:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/950898329940054016

“And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.” - John Steinbeck, East of Eden

"Be orderly in your life, and ordinary like a bourgeois, in order to be violent and original in your works." - Gustave Flaubert
Old 01-11-2018, 01:48 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
A child pulled from the rubble after a bombardment:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/950898329940054016
The Alawi government has no mercy when bombing rebels in Sunni areas. After this war is over, they will have to govern these people, and it's not going to go well.

Visit my blog!
Old 01-14-2018, 10:49 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.haa...-news/1.834797

Hamas leader injured by car Bombing in Sidon. I suspect another Palestinian faction did it. But there are several groups with motive and means.

Visit my blog!
Old 01-14-2018, 02:27 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute

Ahed Tamimi, attacking IDF soldiers

"Jerusalem is not a settlement."
-Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old Today, 02:23 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

This story of Ahed Tamimi is headlining in news sites around the Middle East.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/0...132422405.html

The 16 year old Palestinian girl who slapped an Israeli soldier in the occupied West Bank will remain in jail without bail until an Israeli military court decides her fate.

Visit my blog!

Tags
am yisrael chai, middle east, mouser ain't funny, mouser is a penis, mouser is an uncut penis