CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > CriticalFumble.net Community Forums > Gamers: Ethics & Religion

Gamers: Ethics & Religion Discussion of ethics and religion and what place they have around the gaming table. The point of this forum is to give space to all the ethical stuff that is or is not relevant that gamers insist on talking about anyway. Also much discussion of real-world issues including religion and politics. THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR THE THIN-SKINNED! You have been warned.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Salah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Mother of all Middle East threads

I probably post more stuff about the Middle East than most are interested in reading. Mouser and I in particular are both very interested for personal reasons, and there may be others who are interested enough to follow or post in the thread.

Today's opener:

Egypt Expels Turkish Envoy over Morsi Row, Ankara Declares Egyptian Diplomat 'Persona Non-Grata'

It will be interesting to see how the US responds to this. When Turkey's relations with Israel soured, President Obama went to Israel and made a deal to get Israel to apologize. I wonder if he will exert any pressure on the Turks to make nice. Ironically, the coup (let's just call it that) in Egypt has brought some confidence that Egypt will maintain its peace treaty with Israel as the military cracks down on Islamists.

In a world of violence, the cross, that eminently counter-cultural symbol that lies at the heart of the Christian faith, is a scandal. -Miroslav Wolf

Visit my blog!
Old 11-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Salah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond reputeSalah_ad_Din has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lebanon IDs first suicide bomber, verifying second

Lebanon IDs first suicide bomber, verifying second

The festering evil of Islamist extremism has infected Lebanon in several regions. One of these bombers is from Sidon, where there were recent clashes between the Army and Islamists. This afternoon we drove through Sidon and the checkpoints were being especially thorough. They seemed to be profiling young men for more thorough searches. Tripoli has been in open warfare for a couple of years now, and Sidon is a powder-keg waiting to happen.

The intensification of the centuries-old Sunni-Shia conflict is spreading through the whole region from Lebanon to Iran.

In a world of violence, the cross, that eminently counter-cultural symbol that lies at the heart of the Christian faith, is a scandal. -Miroslav Wolf

Visit my blog!
Old 11-24-2013, 03:49 AM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Default Iran makes a nuclear deal with world powers

Iran, six world powers clinch historic nuclear deal

Obama says Iran nuclear deal first step toward solution

Israeli minister: Iran deal based on deceit

Visit my blog!
Old 11-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Israel Says Iran Deal 'Historic Mistake' that Gave it 'Greatest Diplomatic Victory'

Visit my blog!
Old 12-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Palestinian Security arrests 20 Salafists in West Bank.

Visit my blog!
Old 12-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Is Iran ready to stop being a Pariah State?

Visit my blog!
Old 12-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

This is the second day of heavy shelling in residential areas of Al-Bab. This, combined with heavy fighting around Damascus, has sent another wave of refugees to our area. Now families that were living two to an apartment may have three families in an apartment. Three families are living in our Church.

The regime is evil. They are murderers of tens of thousands. They have no right to rule.

The local Hezbollah youth were so enraged by Hezbollah losses (defending the Syrian regime) that they came to a roundabout on the main road and stabbed a Syrian man to death as "revenge."

They are evil stooges of the evil regime. They have no legitimate purpose and have completely lost their claim to be "the Resistance."

I am conflicted on this because I know that if the regime falls then it will set off a second civil war to determine who will take power. The Nusra front and the other Al-Qaeida linked forces will not hold back from slaughtering the people to establish their Islamic state. There will be even more evil.

The "Free Syrian Army" is not the last, best hope of Syrian. They are eat-up with Islamist dogma and are likely to weak to win in any case.

There are only evil choices, and it's not even easy to see which is the lesser of the evils.

Visit my blog!
Old 12-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Default Israel Sends Humanitarian Aid to Syria

Israel Sends Humanitarian Aid to Syria

Well done, Israel! This is what makes a nation great.

Visit my blog!
Old 12-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute

The UN is running out of money for Palestinians lingering in eternal refugee status.

http://www.npr.org/2013/12/01/248025...of-money?sc=tw

The US is the largest donor nation, and the host nations deny even work visas so that the refugees will be trapped in eternal dependency.

"Jerusalem is not a settlement."
-Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old 12-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Quixotic Iconoclast

Default Hezbollah commander gunned down in Beirut

Hezbollah commander gunned down in Beirut

He was a big fish in charge of their drone program. They are blaming Israel even after a Takfiri group took credit for the killing. Israel has tried to kill him several times in the past. My guess is that they somehow leaked his location to the Sunnis, who gladly killed him.

This war is so barbaric at this point. THe other day Al-Qaeida posted a video of a Hezbollah member they had killed. A woman cut off his head and they played soccer with it. Hezbollah lost 20 men one day and only got two bodies. The rest are being desecrated which is an obscenity in Islam. I read a comment a while back from a Hezbollah commander that said "at least the Jews give the body back to us in a box."

Visit my blog!

Last edited by Salah_ad_Din; 12-04-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Tags
am yisrael chai, middle east, mouser ain't funny, mouser is a penis, mouser is an uncut penis