CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > The Inquisitives

The Inquisitives Rhakir's PBEM game.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:55 AM
Eerily quiet...

Rhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant future
Exclamation Game Mechanics - House Rules

I don’t really have a lot of House Rules, per se, but I do have some preferences. For example, I don’t like that D&D 3.Xe elves “trance” for 4 hours, and I have been known to introduce NPC elves that actually sleep. A lot. If you want yours to do so, feel free; I don’t think it harms the game balance. And I do have a personal bias towards the Bastard Sword. Personal experience has indicated the bastard sword is more balanced and actually easier to use one-handed than a long sword, therefore I consider it to be a Martial Weapon. I really don't want the game to bog down in rules at the cost of the game moving forward or the players having fun. If you have your own preferences or House Rules that you wish to see put into play, please let me know so we can discuss it. If we do end up introducing anything specific, I will keep a running list for everyone to reference. Otherwise, the DM has final say on adjudicating rules and whatnot…

Necessity is the mother of moral reletivism...

Last edited by Rhakir; 01-17-2012 at 03:23 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:15 AM
Eerily quiet...

Rhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant future
Default Weapon Finesse Feat Adjustment

During a discussion with Chimaera, we took a look at the Weapon Finesse feat and have tweaked it a bit to benefit more characters, as well as came up with a minor tweak for attacks in general. The new House Rule will encompass the feat itself and how attack roll bonuses are applied.

For light meless weapons, characters now have the choice to use STR modifier to hit or DEX modifer to hit. Standard STR bonus to damage applies for either style of attacks. If you are proficient with a specific weapon, then you can choose to switch between either STR or DEX mod, but must state which you are using before the attack is made.

Switching from STR to DEX bonus to attack should be available to those with the proper weapon proficiencies, because it definitely takes strength to use certain weapons (clubs, hammers, mauls, battle axes), while lighter weapons (rapiers, daggers, court blades) benefit from a touch of dexterous finesse. Likewise, a rapier can be used for hacking with all one's might as well, say if Dexterity is impaired for whatever reason. The person using said weapons should be able to switch gears for attack bonus if they're proficient with the weapon (ie: Martial Weapons feat automatically grants proficiency with all weapons of that category, so familiarity is a given). If you aren't proficient with the specific weapon (no feat and not a weapon of the class), non-proficiency penalties still apply, regardless of how you try to use the weapon, using STR or DEX.

The modified feat follows:
Weapon Finesse
[Fighter Bonus Feat, General]
You are especially skilled at using weapons that can benefit as much from Dexterity as from Strength.

Prerequisite: Base attack bonus +1,

Benefit: With a light weapon, rapier, whip, or spiked chain made for a creature of your size category, you may use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on damage rolls. If you carry a shield, its armor check penalty applies to your attack rolls.

Special: A fighter may select Weapon Finesse as one of his fighter bonus feats. Natural weapons are always considered light weapons.

Let me know if you have any questions about this change. Thanks!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:15 PM
I am the one you warned me of

Imaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant future

Just want to say that I like this revision.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Eerily quiet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
Just want to say that I like this revision.
Thank you sir. I also like the way it turned out. And I liked the process of collaboration and working out the details.