CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > The Inquisitives

The Inquisitives Rhakir's PBEM game.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute

Weapons:

Masterwork Elven Thinblade

This masterwork rapierlike exotic weapon is the size of a longsword but much lighter. It is among the remaining remnants of his past, and it is well worn. The blade is made of a darkly patterned damascus-style blade of obviously Elven manufacture. The pattern seems to shift under the eye as though alive. Long ago the original hilt seems to have been removed and new leather wrappings added, along with a new basket hilt and pommel suitable for strikes. When sheathed, it appears to be a simple soldier's weapon, suitable for a junior officer.

A long slim parrying dagger is sheathed alongside the sword's scabbard.

"Jerusalem is not a settlement."
-Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old 12-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
A long slim parrying dagger is sheathed alongside the sword's scabbard.
Just a thought, since you're going all "Elven Pride"

Sword, Elven Lightblade: This rapierlike exotic weapon is the size of a short sword but weighs only as much as a dagger. Dexterous elf fighters and rogues favor it. Its thin, flexible blade slips easily into the seams of armor or between the ribs of a foe. Some elf nobles carry a lightblade—often decorated with intricate filigree and tiny gemstones—as a sign of their station, even if they aren’t proficient in its use.

Characters proficient with the elven lightblade may treat it as a rapier or a short sword for the purpose of any of the following feats: Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization, Improved Critical, Weapon Focus, and Weapon Specialization.

Sword, elven lightblade: 1d4/1d6; 18–20/×2; 1 lb.; Piercing
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding composite bows.

Data on the composite longbow from the Pathfinder SRD.

EDIT -- Also, the elvencraft bow, from Races of the Wild:

Bow, Elvencraft: One of the biggest problems facing any archer is deciding what to do when a foe gets within melee reach. Does one stand fast and take the consequences (which can prove painful if not deadly), fall back (not always practi- cal), or drop the bow and draw a melee weapon (inconvenient at best). Elf bowyers have made the choice somewhat less difficult by crafting bows that can stand up to melee combat. Thanks to elven ingenuity, these weapons work just as well as melee weapons as they do as ranged weapons.

An elvencraft bow is thicker and heavier than a normal bow. An elvencraft shortbow functions as a club when wielded as a melee weapon. An elvencraft longbow functions as a quarterstaff when wielded as a melee weapon. The wielder incurs no penalty on attack rolls when using an elvencraft bow as a melee weapon.

A character wielding an elvencraft bow can freely interchange melee and ranged attacks during the same round. When wield- ing an elvencraft bow, the user threatens the squares around him no matter how he last used the weapon.
Magical enhancements to an elvencraft bow only affect its use as a bow. Enhancements to the melee capabilities of the weapon must be added separately.

An elvencraft bow costs 300 gp more than a normal bow.

The writing at the bottom may be hard to read (sorry about the image quality); (12) is the elvencraft bow, (9) is the elven lightblade and (7) is the elven thinblade.
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Chimaera; 12-15-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:04 AM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Just a thought, since you're going all "Elven Pride"
I can't expect one of the short-lived races to understand...

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Old 12-16-2011, 04:28 AM
Eerily quiet...

Rhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant future

With regards to his dress uniform, I would think that Brelish Blue might feature in the colour scheme somehow (per info in The Five Nations source book). What do you think?

Necessity is the mother of moral reletivism...
Old 12-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Radiation Romeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhakir View Post
With regards to his dress uniform, I would think that Brelish Blue might feature in the colour scheme somehow (per info in The Five Nations source book). What do you think?
Can you spot the elf in this picture?

Old 12-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Eerily quiet...

Rhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Can you spot the elf in this picture?

That is priceless.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Quote:
Which kind of dress uniform?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Army_uniform

I was thinking that his Full Parade Brelish blue and a high collared uniform similar to this but more Elven might be more in keeping with the style I was looking for.

I always thought of the Elves as more Chinese.

The elven thinblade looks more like a Chinese dao used for close in slashing than a rapier.

-Terry Pratchett
Old 12-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Eerily quiet...

Quote:
Which kind of dress uniform?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Army_uniform

I was thinking that his Full Parade Brelish blue and a high collared uniform similar to this but more Elven might be more in keeping with the style I was looking for.
I like those, well, the middle and right hand one at least. I was also thinking of something like this.

Quote:
I always thought of the Elves as more Chinese.

The elven thinblade looks more like a Chinese dao used for close in slashing than a rapier.
That would be an interesting take, except for the 'thin' descriptor. <g> I wasn't too impressed with the Arms & Equipment guide image of the thinblade, to be honest. I thought it was too chunky for how it was described...

Old 12-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Quote:
I like those, well, the middle and right hand one at least. I was also thinking of something like this.
I like that, but simpler and more flowing. I've noticed that the older someone gets, the more important simple things like comfort tend to be. I imagine the Elves choose simple light clothing for that reason.

Quote:
That would be an interesting take, except for the 'thin' descriptor. <g> I wasn't too impressed with the Arms & Equipment guide image of the thinblade, to be honest. I thought it was too chunky for how it was described...
I agree.

Help me find a better picture based upon my description.

-Terry Pratchett