CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

FYI, the Irony Games' dice server is presently down. I don't think it'll be too big of a deal if it's just for a few hours, since I have a list of 20 dice rolls from the player who will most need it in the near term...
Old 05-10-2008, 05:03 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default New dice roller

As far as I can tell, the Irony Games dice server will be gone for the foreseeable future. However, I think this site can provide the same service:

http://dice.evildm.net/index.php

You have to put in the character's name and a subject, but otherwise it has the same functionality as our original server.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:33 PM

Just in case it comes up, here's the March 25-31, 2007 New Orleans sunrise/sunset calendar:

In rough terms, if you're indoors for the day by 0530 then you're fine, 0600 is OK-ish, 0630 is really pushing it, and sunrise occurs a few minutes before 0700. Just so everyone knows...
Old 11-19-2008, 12:07 AM

These are the RAW rules for healing aggravated damage just posting them here so there is a reference:

Aggravated damage is significantly more difficult to heal than regular damage. The way it works in GURPS is that a Vampire can only heal 3 aggravated damage at a time, at a cost of 5 Blood Points. You can do it once per night automatically, and on a successful (Will - 5) roll you can do it a second time. That's the max. per night you can heal, although if you had additional regular damage you could heal all that just as you normally do.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:44 AM

Since potential continuity errors will likely be introduced in later posts, I'm putting up some guidelines for how to go about correcting/preventing them.

If it's a situation where the PCs misunderstand an NPC, I'll just unilaterally wipe out everything that happens after the misunderstanding, if the responses are inappropriate due to the absence of information. I've already done this once on Prince Johnson's boat, during one of the early interview/planning sessions with the New Orleans Kindred. It may happen again.

If it's a situation where I've forgotten some piece of information, a gentle reminder from you, the player, will be greatly appreciated. Gentle, but also specific. If you just drop hints, you risk turning the situation into a mystery story -- if it's apparent I've forgotten something, I might not remember its significance from a mere hint.

These points especially hold in the following situations: If the situation in question happened significantly more than a week or two in the past, and if you posted it instead of me. If I wrote it, it's more of an active memory than if I've just read it, no matter how important the point may be. It's just a fact of human psychology.

Also, if you cast your argument in the form of a "gotcha!", that is an approach that is going to engender much more heat than light, by, like, A LOT. I trust I will not have to repeat this point, and woe betide the player that necessitates a refresher course on this particular subject.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:45 AM

If you opt for your NPC tutor to mess around with your head, this is how it will manifest in game mechanic terms.

The NPC will use Conditioning to strengthen his or her hold on you. If you get plonked by Conditioning 10 times by the same vampire, you pretty much end up with the Slave Mentality disadvantage, which is worth -40 points. So it falls out naturally that each instance of Conditioning is worth a -4 point disadvantage.

I'll rule that you can choose to be Conditioned anywhere from 0 to 5 times during the course of your instruction. (Of course, the PC wouldn't make such a choice, that's just the GM-player interaction language...)
Old 01-23-2009, 09:41 PM

Here's a V:tM LARP site that explains the additional offices (Seneschal, Sheriff) that have come up recently:

http://www.unmasqued.com/officers.php

Others (esp. Scourge, and perhaps Keeper of Elysium and Harpy, haven't decided yet) may come up as well, in addition to the ascension of more members of the Primogen council.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:39 PM

This isn't a house rule as such, but since I've been sort of cavalier about the activation of disciplines, I'll note here that RAW it takes a second of concentration to activate them before any expenditure of blood or fatigue. You can spend a Blood Point to negate this concentration time. In the current scene, I'll incorporate these activation times into the narrative as you're all coming out of Al's, but be mindful that it's best to buff before dashing into a firefight.

In a related issue, healing requires you to remain motionless and undistracted for it to work. In both cases, you're limited by how fast you can burn blood for discipline activation/healing times, although if you use Fatigue to activate disciplines you can do it one turn.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
As far as I can tell, the Irony Games dice server will be gone for the foreseeable future. However, I think this site can provide the same service:

http://dice.evildm.net/index.php

You have to put in the character's name and a subject, but otherwise it has the same functionality as our original server.
FYI, this dice server is starting to go flaky, so until I track down another one I'll be handling any rolls that come up after the lists of rolls I have are exhausted.

EDIT -- This one should do the trick:

http://www.rpglibrary.org/software/securedice/

Last edited by Detritus; 07-31-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:04 AM

Here's a site with Vampire: The Eternal Struggle card templates

http://www.almadrava.net/damnans/

If you click on the card creation link, you'll find a pretty exhaustive selection of crypt card templates for the various clans in the WoD about halfway down the page. I didn't bother downloading the card creation tools, since I'm mainly interested in making portraits with clan info on them, and not unofficial V:tES cards. If you want to make a portrait of your character similar to the ones most of the NPCs have in the Dramatis Personae thread, this is the place to start.