CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:28 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all
Default Jack Constantine (SD Anderson's PC) -- RIP 1/10/10

Name: Jack Constatine
Race: Vampire
Player:

Attributes
----------
15 ST
14 DX
12 IQ
14 HT
12 Will
15 Fatigue
14 Hit Points
7 Speed
7 Move
8 Dodge
12 Vision
12 Hearing
12 Taste/Smell
0 Swim
30 No Encumbrance
60 Light Encumbrance
90 Medium Encumbrance
180 Heavy Encumbrance
300 X-Heavy Encumbrance
0 PD
0 DR
1 Parry
1 Block
0 No Encumbrance Move Reduction
1 Light Encumbrance Move Reduction
2 Medium Encumbrance Move Reduction
3 Heavy Encumbrance Move Reduction
4 X-Heavy Encumbrance Move Reduction
7 No Encumbrance Move
6 Light Encumbrance Move
5 Medium Encumbrance Move
4 Heavy Encumbrance Move
3 X-Heavy Encumbrance Move
12 Fright Check
12 Humanity
12 Will: Conscience
12 Will: Self-Control
16 Blood Pool
11 Generation
17 Will: Courage

Description
-----------
Caucasian Male, salt and pepper hair, blue eyes. Appears to be 48 years old.

Advantages
----------
15 11th Generation
25 Blood Healing
15 Combat Reflexes
20 Doesn't Breathe
10 High Pain Threshold
15 Unaging
100 Vampiric Invulnerability
5 Courage +5

Powers
------
6 Animalism (+3)
8 Auspex (+2)
8 Fortitude (+2)
8 Protean (+4)

Disadvantages
-------------
0 Become more bestial after each Frenzy
-15 Berserk
-10 Fear of Sunlight and Fire (Rotschreck)
-5 Loner
-10 Miserliness
-10 Poverty: Struggling (x1/2)
-20 Secret: Imprisonment or Exile
-40 Sundeath
-10 The Draining
-20 Unhealing
-15 Weirdness Magnet

Quirks
------
-1 Considers himself a ladies man (rarely true however)
-1 Dislikes mages
-1 Loves High Places
-1 Nominal Classical Taoist
-1 Takes himself very seriously

Skills
------
12 4.0 Accounting
12 4.0 Animal Handling
11 0.5 Area Knowledge (Campaign City)
09 1.0 Aura Reading (Auspex 2)
15 2.0 Brawling
14 2.0 Climbing
12 1.0 Computer Operation
12 1.0 Cooking
14 6.0 Criminology
14 1.0 Crossbow
13 6.0 Detect Lies
13 4.0 Disguise
12 0.5 Driving (car)
12 4.0 Earth Meld (Protean 3)
10 1.0 Enhanced Senses (Auspex 1)
14 0.5 Fast-Draw (pistol)
13 4.0 Fast-Talk
11 1.0 Forensics
11 0.5 Gesture
13 2.0 Gleam of Red Eyes (Protean 1)
15 0.5 Guns
13 4.0 Interrogation
10 0.5 Language (Spanish)
12 8.0 Shadow of the Beast (Protean 4)
13 4.0 Shadowing
13 1.0 Stealth
12 2.0 Streetwise
12 2.0 Wolf Claws (Protean 2)
14 2.0 Wrestling

Included Packages
-----------------
Camarilla Package
Gangrel
Vampire Package

170 Attributes
200 Advantages
22 Powers
-155 Disadvantages
-5 Quirks
68 Skills
0 Spells
300 Total

Last edited by Detritus; 04-05-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:29 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all
Default Revising Constatine pt 2

Notes
-----

[soundtrack="'Round Midnight" (Miles Davis version)]

There's a cold wind that blows through this burg. Most of the people here hide from it, ignore it, deny it. They do this through their daily rituals and routines They cling to the illusion of the mundane as though letting go would cause them to be swallowed up whole by the Earth itself.

Perhaps they're right. There are things that go bump in the night, things that in fact OWN the night. Things that not only could rip their mundane little lives to shred but have. Many of these things are decidedly not nice.

A few, a very few, stand between them and the ignorant innocents sleeping in their little homes.

I'm one of those few.

Name's Jack. Jack Constatine. Private Investigator. And a vampire.

Oh yeah. Vampires exist. All of us need mortal blood. Not all of us KILL for it.

My story is simple enough. Forget what the damnned detective novels say. Back in the fifties and sixties, Private detection was largely divorce work, with some other jobs on the side. The noble sounding guy who tells a potential client "I don't do that sort of work" in the books is a guy who gets kicked out of his office for missing a few too many rent payments.

I was a Military Cop in the Air Force back in Korea. Got out, joined the force, made detective, stepped on some toes and found it prudent to work as a free lancer after that.

Then they went and made it easier to get divorced. Great for a lot of people stuck in miserable marriages, not so great for guys whose bank deposits depended on photographing the client's spouse in the act.

Poor poor me. But I lucked out Another dick in town, Marv Greenert, had a client whose rich aunt was shovelling away her fortune on a phony psychic.

He needed my help to prove the guy was a fake fakir before Auntie spent all of the client's inheritance. We got the job done, and Marv made me an offer. There were a LOT of Hoodoo type scams going on. He knew something about the occult and was thining of concentrating on debunking the fakes, sort of like Houdini.

Didn't know that much about the occult, still don't despite the fangs, but my job was to do legwork, and that I could do. Worked fine for about six years.

In 1977, things went to hell. Creepy old house, supposedly haunted. Our job was to see what was going on, prove it wasn't.

It turned out to be a lair for a pair of vampires from something called the Sabbat who were in the territory of something called the Camarilla to do a hit on some Camarilla big wig. Both of them were Camarilla type vampires who worked for the other side and could pass as Camarilla vamps.

But I'm getting way ahead of myself.

They were a man and woman. The man jumped Marv and ripped his head off from his shoulders. Lucky guy. The woman had her eyes turn red and claws come out and tackled me, bit me and... then made me drink her own blood before she eventually killed me. The difference between Marv and me was that I came back.

And almost got killed the moment I did. The Sabbats? They got their target and quite a few more of their guy's guards and followers, but didn't survive. More than a few cops were on the Camarilla's payroll and their little lair was found before the next sunset.

By the time I actually awoke, I'd been moved to a secure site, bound helplessly. The Camarilla's head honcho in the city, it's Prince, though she should have been the Princess, may she rest in peace, let me know that normally the policy is to dispose of unauthorized new vamps, particularly 'Childer' of enemy vamps.

But the attack last night had taken out so many vampires that her city was short on manpower, and they expected the Sabbat to hit real soon. So I got the offer of joining or dying forever.

I'm here aren't I?

[/soundtrack]
Old 03-24-2007, 10:56 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

The only note I have for Jack is that you should put a few points in the Animalism skills now that you have 3 levels in that discipline, SD.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Animal Control drops to 11, freeing 2 pts. The Animalism skills would be Sweet Whispers [1/2] IQ-4 (+2) 10-
The Beckoning at 9- for the same 1/2 pt and Song of Serentity at 10 fr 1 pt.

Last edited by SD Anderson; 03-25-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:11 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Pic of Jack Constantine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CONSTAN.jpg (15.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-30-2007, 11:40 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

OK, how many n's are in Jack's last name?

Also, as written, Jack only has Fortitude 2. If you want a third dot, I suggest taking one point off Jack's ST, spending 8 points to get the third Fort dot, putting 3 points for an Extra Fatigue, and then you have 4 discretionary points to spend. Could be another Extra Fatigue + say, raising Jack's first two levels of Animalism, or you might all his Animalism powers if you think they are a bit light (1.5 more points in Ani 1 & 2, 1 more point in Ani 3). Whatever you think...
Old 07-01-2007, 03:13 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Constantine.

Constant
ine

Con
Stant
Tine

3 ns.

As to Jack's stats... Fortitude 3 [8], I like the idea of the Extra FP [3] I'll raise his Animalism one level to 4 [2]. put a full point into the related skill for that power 'Sharing of the Beast' [1], and split the remaining point into two half point skills:

Jack's background as an Airman in the fifties should give him Guns (SMG), Gunner (Machine Gun).
Old 07-01-2007, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
As to Jack's stats... Fortitude 3 [8], I like the idea of the Extra FP [3] I'll raise his Animalism one level to 4 [2]. put a full point into the related skill for that power 'Sharing of the Beast' [1], and split the remaining point into two half point skills:

Jack's background as an Airman in the fifties should give him Guns (SMG), Gunner (Machine Gun).
OK, that's all fine. You can get DR 10 for 10 minutes at a cost of 10 Fatigue units if you have the resources to spend on it.

Last edited by Detritus; 07-01-2007 at 03:39 AM.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:10 AM

For Jack's ape form, apply the following modifiers to his stats:

+12 ST
+3 DX
+4 HT/+8 HP

+1 PD
+1 DR

Recalculate speed and defense rolls accordingly.

His mass also triples when in ape form.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Default Interlude

I don't know much about my Sire.

In 1977 I was working on a case. Haunted House. My partner and I were in the debunk the supernatural business. Expose phony gurus and keep your rich relatives from spending their own money instead of leaving it to you.

This house was haunted. Or rather some sort of magical center, a node. Two vampires had 'acquired' the place after it's owner, a genuine wizard kicked the bucket. The woman vamp was a Gangrel and my Sire. Her partner was a vicious thug who butchered my partner while his partner made me an undead.

She knew she wasn't going to survive this mission and was leaving a trail of Childer behind her. Most of them didn't survive a week. I did, and so did Erich.

Erich you say? Who's Erich? You have made no mention of an Erich to date sir!

Truth be told, I haven't said ANYTHING about him. But then I don't talk much about anything. For that matter, when I do talk, you have little certainty what I say is the truth, unless you're a cllient. Who I voted for in 1962, for example. Yeah I had a bumper sticker on my car, but if you didn't see it, why should I tell you whose name was on it?

Erich was another of "Mom's" brood who survived past the Sabbat attack Technically he's a sib to me in the same sense our unknown Embarcer is Mom. I'm forever 47, he's forever 19. I really like Jazz, he's a rock'n'roll. He usually has hair past his shoulder, I wear a hat to hide my bald spot.

If we aren't friends we are two guys who went through the same 'basic training' back when. So, he got word I damn near got fried by some Assamite blood spitting freak. He came a good 400 miles to pay me a visit. On his motorcycle with the big stereo built in it. plays loud enough to drown out his engine.

So he pulls up, shuts off the engine and plays what he was listening to. Not a song I'd have played, but... the words gripped me.

I heard a voice asking what happens after the fire
And then the sound of a breaking window and the scream of a tyre
And then the sound of a distant gun and the cry of a hungry child
The night is hot
But nothing's gonna stop
This gang going wild

After the fire the fire still burns
The heart grows older but never ever learns
The memories smoulder and the soul always yearns
After the fire the fire still burns

The fire still burns. What happens after the fire?

Something I was going to have to find out.

And then it hit me. I'd survived the fire. And the bastard got to burn me because I'd feared the fire, and didn't bring a damn lighter with me when I got a whole lot of insect foggers I was going to use as faling weapons.

If Fire is a weapon I'm going to use, it's a weapon I'm damn well going to master.

Last night I had 40 candles burning on the table not a foot in front of me. One of them in this weird candle holder that you put the candle in parallel to the table. A two in one job.

I burn my candle at both ends. And 39 more for good measure.

There are quite a few vamps who are going to be screaming, wishing they'd never come into existence. I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to record those screams for posterity.