CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:21 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Character templates

I'm not sure if I've posted the basic Kindred template, so I'm doing it here. I'm also going to post the Archon template shortly, stay tuned.

I've decided to leave Vampiric Invulnerability as a 100-point advantage instead of going with the C1 version that is 150 points. The disadvantages in the template don't count towards the -40-point disad limit.

Vampire template: 45 points

Blood Healing: 25 points

Blood Healing allows the Vampire to restore 2 hit points for every Blood Point spent. Partial Blood Points cannot be spent, so restoring 1 hit point still costs 1 Blood Point. Blood Healing is the only way for Vampires to heal, see the Unhealing disadvantage. All vampires have the Blood Healing advantage.

Doesn't Breathe: 20 points

You don't require air to survive. If you are underwater, you will not drown (though you still suffer damage from extreme pressures). You cannot be choked or strangled, and you will not suffocate from smoke or other gases. Note that vampires can pretend to breathe, but they receive no benefit from this action, other than to pass better for human (n.b. - and to speak!). All vampires have this advantage.

Unaging: 15 points

You will never grow old. Your age is fixed at the time of your Embrace and will never change. You never have to make aging rolls, but you cannot get any points for taking the Age disadvantage! All vampires are Unaging.

Vampiric Invulnerability: 100 points

Essentially the characteristic that only sunlight, fire, or the teeth/claws of other Vampires, Ghouls, and Garou can destroy a Vampire. Mechanically speaking:

Kindred only roll make HT rolls to stay conscious if they are reduced to -(HT stat). When they are at HT < 0, they are in Shock. DX and IQ are reduced by the amount of damage taken in any turn on the Vampire's next turn.

At -(HT stat) or less, the Kindred make a HT roll to stay conscious and loses one Blood Point. If a Vampire goes unconscious and loses all its Blood Pool, then the Vamp goes into torpor.

Injury Tolerance: 20 points

Kindred only take 1 x (impaling damage) and 0.5 x (crushing damage) that penetrates DR.

Berserk: -15 points

As per the GURPS disad. Basically this is The Beast/Frenzy. In situations where you are confronted with danger or a phobia, if you are humiliated, etc., you need to make a Self-Control roll and go batshit loco if you fail.

Phobia - Rötschreck: -10 points

The Kindred fear of sun and fire, which can cause Fright Checks when encountered during play.

The Draining: -10 points

All Kindred experience The Draining. At the end of each night, vampires lose one Blood Point. They can do nothing to stop this loss, and Blood Points lost this way can only be replaced by drinking the blood of another creature.

Secret - The Masquerade: -20 points

The game system incarnation of The Masquerade is that if the secret of a vampire's nature lets slip it means bad juju for all Kindred society, starting with the slip-er.

Sundeath: -40 points

Direct sunlight is death to vampires. Any time a vampire is exposed to sunlight, he takes 1d aggravated damage per minute.

Unhealing: -20 points

Mortals recover naturally from their wounds, albeit slowly. Vampires, on the other hand, will never heal naturally. They must spend Blood points to regain lost Health. Neither First Aid nor any other medical care will help regain lost hit points. Of course, vampires do not lose hit points from bleeding or infection, so their wounds can never get worse from lack of treatment.

Last edited by Detritus; 11-28-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:37 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Archon template: 0 points

Patron: 25 points

A Justicar and his support network is worth a 25-point patron that effectively shows up on a roll of 9 or less for any given session, although it won't necessarily play out that way in a PBP format. Basically, you're more or less on your own if you're in the field, but you can sometimes call for help or advice as the situation warrants.

Kindred Status 3: 15 points

Archons are feared and respected in the Camarilla...

Legal Enforcement Powers 3: 15 points

...and this is why. You can act as judge, jury, and executioner if you find a Kindred that violates the Masquerade or otherwise seriously runs afoul of the other Traditions. Since you have the implicit backing of your Justicar, this happens with essentially no questions asked, unless challenged by another Archon or Justicar.

Blood Bonded: -40 points

You have ingested the blood of the Justicar you serve at least three times, and are blood bonded to her. It takes an extreme exertion of will to act contrary to the directives and wishes of the Kindred you are blood bonded to.

Extremely Hazardous Duty: -15 points

You are often watching or pursuing the most dangerous elements of Kindred society, which entails certain fairly serious risks with some regularity.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:38 AM
Huxley

Alright then, based on that, I'll need to shave off 45 points. My bad. Already have the items chosen, if my interpretation is correct.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
Alright then, based on that, I'll need to shave off 45 points. My bad. Already have the items chosen, if my interpretation is correct.
I'm not sure if I posted the basic Kindred template or not, so no worries.

You have the option of becoming an Archon to the Malkavian Justicar, if you want. That would cover 15 points from your current build. You also get -5 points worth of quirks, which are basically personality traits or idiosyncrasies that don't rise to the level of an advantage or disadvantage. So you'd only need to shave off 25 points if you went the Archon route, or 40 if you don't.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:01 AM
Huxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
You have the option of becoming an Archon to the Malkavian Justicar, if you want. That would cover 15 points from your current build. You also get -5 points worth of quirks, which are basically personality traits or idiosyncrasies that don't rise to the level of an advantage or disadvantage. So you'd only need to shave off 25 points if you went the Archon route, or 40 if you don't.
After reviewing my vampire politics, I'm all for it. Sounds like a blast.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:12 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Mweeep

We have the Long (and truly hideous) arm of the Law with us
Old 03-22-2007, 02:18 AM
Huxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Mweeep

We have the Long (and truly hideous) arm of the Law with us
What're ya talkin' about...? You have the upstanding, forthright, and goody-goodness of the Camarilla along with judicial abuse to help out the coterie .
Old 03-22-2007, 03:08 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post

I've decided to leave Vampiric Invulnerability as a 100-point advantage instead of going with the C1 version that is 150 points. The disadvantages in the template don't count towards the -40-point disad limit.
On reading the Vampire version of Vampiric Invulnerabliity I noticed there is a major difference between it and the 150 pt version.

The 150 pt version has it so only FIRE will permanently kill the vamp. Other fatal damage is bought as separate vulnerabilities. (The first level of a vulnerability to say, Whitethorn wood stakes negates the Invulnerability against fatal damage. Further levels asdd direct dice of damage. ie leel five vulnerability would negate Invulnerability and add 4d damage. OUCH.)

Anyway the V:tM version predates it and simply got a reduced cost because it included sunlight and ag damage etc.

Assuming the fact that I've run this adventure doesn't disqualify me to play in it I've got 50 more points to spend on Jack.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:45 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm

Going to have to do shopping!

Im wondering if Jocelin could get a concealable bullet resistant vest like on pg211 of 3e main book. It says its concealable and its not like she needs to breathe

Im curious. Without Social Security Numbers and such, how do Vampires get money? Never having to shop for gear for one before Im curious
Old 03-22-2007, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
Assuming the fact that I've run this adventure doesn't disqualify me to play in it I've got 50 more points to spend on Jack.
Fine by me if you play, even if you have run the adventure. Try to act surprised when things happen.