CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois forces himself to stop and listen. Can he hear any movement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Francois forces himself to stop and listen. Can he hear any movement?
Presently, he cannot. The swaying curtains move too softly to be heard, and there are no footfalls.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:11 PM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Is one of the two curtains settling faster than the other?

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:04 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Is one of the two curtains settling faster than the other?
The one on the right might be settling a bit faster.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:26 AM

Francois makes a decision, and dives through the left curtain, low and fast in case of an ambush.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-24-2011, 09:25 PM

You roll in, but nothing happens at first. You're in another room very similar to the one you just emerged from. However, you see two pairs of figures in the middle of the room. In each pair, one person is feeding from the neck of another.

You recognize Rochette, feeding from the motion body of Prince Villon of Paris, though Rochette's eyes are white instead of their normal color, as if he has cataracts. The faces of the second pair are concealed by the hair of the second feeder, but after a moment he looks up, and you find yourself staring at your own visage (EDIT -- With the same milky eyes as Rochette), blood running down the chin, and Charles lies motionless next to his sire.

Last edited by Detritus; 01-24-2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Left out an important detail of the second François's description
Old 01-25-2011, 09:21 AM

"Glamour", Francois thinks to himself. "They would have been smarter had they left me and Charles out of it." Francois exits the room taking the other door from the last junction.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-25-2011, 11:15 PM

You enter the other room to find two armchairs. One of them is occupied by Charles. He's seated with his legs crossed in what you think is a slightly effeminate manner, inhaling the fragrance from a long-stemmed rose. He looks down in surprise at himself, then lowers his leg so that both his feet are on the floor. After that, he looks up at you.

"You aren't who I expected," he says. "Would you please sit down?" He gestures to the chair next to him with his free hand.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:50 AM

"Not so long as wear a face that is not yours", Francois says. "You really shouldn't have tried the same 'appear as a friend' trick twice. So how about you tell me who you really are, and what you want with your little maze of Glamours, so that I can be on my way."

Francois casually rests his hand on the hilt of his rapier as he waits for a response.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-26-2011, 07:02 PM

"Twice?" Charles asks, puzzled. "This was how you saw me the last time we met?"

He squints at you, and the memory of your encounter in the room you just came from swims to the forefront of your mind, followed by the final moments when you were at Glastonbury Tor.

"Of course, the danger of this place. I was not there, across yonder hallway, but you do not understand, nor do you believe. It is the same danger that makes releasing your sister in arms from my keeping unwise at present. Yet she must be released, if you are to help restore the Silken Princess. All of the Childer of the Rose are my concern. Will you not be seated?"