CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Down the rabbit hole (François/Rosalyn, Wed. 4/4/07)

Rosalyn
The world starts spinning, sometimes in a sideways round-and-around manner, sometimes in a head-over-heels-over-head manner. Everything seems flattened and compressed in the direction you’re facing by your crystalline conveyance, whatever it might be. For the time being, you’re in too close of quarters to do much in the way of spear fighting. Samantha’s eyes dart around, but Sidana keeps her gaze fixed upon you.

You look over to Mag and Dru, and at first they seem merely stunned into inaction, but soon you notice some distinct oddities in their appearance. The black stuff on the street has come into contact with their feet. Some of the veins on their legs seem to bulge as if thin worms a few inches long are climbing up them. Looking up, you see the same thing in their necks, and an inky cloudiness begins to seep into the whites of their eyes.

It is at this point that the world explodes in broken glass, and you’re forcibly ejected from your conveyance, landing roughly on the ground. You’ve arrived in a wooded area. There’s more of the black stuff that was on the ground just before you were swept away around you, but you don’t feel as if you’re affected by it in the same way that Mag and Dru appear to be.

François
You stand at the ready, waiting for the “honored guests” to arrive. A few moments pass in nothing but tense silence before you perceive something far off, as if seeing it through the woods without the trees obstructing your view. Two clear, diamond-shaped objects approach, occasionally spinning sideways or tumbling forwards as they draw nearer.

One of the diamonds heads towards your group. You can finally make out the faces of Rochette and his companions when his diamond reaches the woods proper. Rat Tail doesn’t appear to be in there with them. There’s one last sideways spin, and then the diamond shatters, spraying the area with something that seems very much like broken glass. Something you didn’t notice before, a dark, tarry substance rather like what Jake described in his encounter at the docks, pools outward from the three prone Sabbat Kindred.
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Brother Brian's Avatar
Brother Brian Brother Brian is offline
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I got nowhere else to go.
Posts: 16,529
Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Francois screams and lunges forward, a blur in woods. His scream is indecipherable in any language; one senses it is more than an animalistic howl; but making sense of it is impossible. He is visible as he reaches Rochette, and starts driving his stake towards Rochette's chest...

I burn blood for celerity as I see the disks approaching. As soon as Rochette's prism shatters, I scream, in French, "Now the time has come", which due to the celerity effects will come out as gibberish. I try to stake him, ignoring the tar for the moment.

Do you still have rolls for me, or do you need new ones?
__________________
Brother Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Francois screams and lunges forward, a blur in woods. His scream is indecipherable in any language; one senses it is more than an animalistic howl; but making sense of it is impossible. He is visible as he reaches Rochette, and starts driving his stake towards Rochette's chest...

I burn blood for celerity as I see the disks approaching. As soon as Rochette's prism shatters, I scream, in French, "Now the time has come", which due to the celerity effects will come out as gibberish. I try to stake him, ignoring the tar for the moment.

Do you still have rolls for me, or do you need new ones?
Why don't you roll up another set of 10-20 rolls:

trenbarger @ ucsd . edu (no spaces in the actual email addy, of course)
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Brother Brian's Avatar
Brother Brian Brother Brian is offline
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I got nowhere else to go.
Posts: 16,529
Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
Why don't you roll up another set of 10-20 rolls:

trenbarger @ ucsd . edu (no spaces in the actual email addy, of course)
New Rolls sent...
__________________
Brother Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

OK, I'm going to rule that Rosalyn's Combat Paralysis is kicking in at this point so we can get this thread moving forward again. Sidana grabs her and pulls her through the muck. I'll have a new post up soon-ish (this evening? tomorrow?) detailing what happens with François.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-14-2011, 06:39 AM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

All right, as stated before, Sidana latches on to Rosalyn, and the two of you and Samantha go through the pool of muck that's around you.

Similarly, as François charges Rochette, his compadres shield him, and all four of you go through the pool of muck that's over where you're at. There is a big tangle of limbs as you go through.

For a moment your sight is shrouded by whatever the heck it is you've just gone through. By feel you can tell that when you're finished you've landed on a hard surface of some sort, maybe a tiled floor. Rosalyn and her group land on their feet, but François's group has a more sprawling landing. You also realize that you're not really covered in the muck you just went through, though by rights you probably should be. There's a red-and-yellow zigzag pattern on the floor, and red curtains define the perimeter of a room. You're all in the same room.

You only just have time to assimilate this when François feels a searing, incapacitating pain in his forehead, intense enough that it would probably have made his eyes water if he still had functioning tear ducts. It lasts for only a few seconds, but in that time he can feel people disengaging from the tangle of bodies he's presently caught up in.

Sidana suddenly cries out in alarm, and Rosalyn sees her block a sword thrust with her spear. The sword is held in a two-handed grip by someone who looks a great deal like your sire, though her eyes are a cloudy, milky white instead of their normal blue. This doesn't seem to affect her vision at all, however, and she disengages her sword and begins to take a swing at you. ((Combat Paralysis is not in play here, Rosalyn is free to do as she wishes, but a sword swing is definitely coming her way.))

When François's vision clears, he sees a puzzled looking Samantha stand and watch as Gwynnis attacks Sidana and Rosalyn. Rochette has managed to untangle himself and near one of the curtains that defines the perimeter of the room, looking for all the world like he wants to exit. Bianca is on her feet, but Anvil is still on the floor.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Brother Brian's Avatar
Brother Brian Brother Brian is offline
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I got nowhere else to go.
Posts: 16,529
Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default

A look of confusion appears for only a moment on Francois' face. He'll have to trust the Justicar for now. Seeing Rochette scurry away resolves Francois' confusion. This is what he's here to do.

(Same plan, now that he's separated, spend for celerity, move in and try to stake him quick.)
__________________
Brother Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
A look of confusion appears for only a moment on Francois' face. He'll have to trust the Justicar for now. Seeing Rochette scurry away resolves Francois' confusion. This is what he's here to do.

(Same plan, now that he's separated, spend for celerity, move in and try to stake him quick.)
How much Celerity do you want to crank up? I guess thinking about the house rules I have for Celerity and the fact that François is effectively 7th generation for the moment (and with his normal Celerity 4) there are several options.

Currently, you can spend up to 5 BP per turn. Normally it takes a second to activate a discipline. However, you can spend one BP to negate this activation time, so François could activate Celerity 4 instantaneously (i.e. could activate and then act the same turn), which gives him +6 speed, +2 attacks/turn, and +2 Dodge for 2 hours for a total cost of 5 BP.

You could also spend a turn completely still to activate Celerity 5 (you think that in the confusion of the battle, you could probably swing being still for a second or two), which would give +10 Move, +2 attacks/turn, and +2.5 Dodge for 1 hour.

You could theoretically activate Celerity 6 or 7 for the same number of BP, though it would take 2 seconds to do it.

Celerity 6 gives +15 Move, +2 attacks/turn, and +3 Dodge for 30 minutes.

Celerity 7 gives +20 Move, +3 attacks/turn, and +3.5 Dodge for 10 minutes.

I'm going to say that you can't speed up activating Celerity 6 or 7 with an extra BP because they're beyond your normal range of capabilities with the discipline.

In all cases, add your Move (+1 for Combat Reflexes) to the Dodge boost to get François's total Dodge score, and of course the Move bonus is directly.
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Brother Brian's Avatar
Brother Brian Brother Brian is offline
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I got nowhere else to go.
Posts: 16,529
Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I'll take a second and activate celerity 5.
__________________
Brother Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

OK, in the time that you power up, Rochette scrambles out of the room, leaving a waving curtain in his wake. The speed of his movements suggest some celeritous enhancement of his own.

When you exit the room, you come out into a hallway defined vertically by red curtains with a checkerboard tiling pattern. You follow the motion of curtains, turning right, then left at a junction, when you come upon a section of corridor where the curtains are moving on either side of you. There is a junction beyond this point as well, but no motion that you can see.
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright on all original post text belongs to the poster.