CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
"Super-peepers I can do."

((OOC): Is this where I should kick in the Auspex heightened senses stuff?)
It's Aura Reading that David's specifically referring to, but you might want to do both.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
It's Aura Reading that David's specifically referring to, but you might want to do both.
Then I shall do so forthwith.
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-20-2011, 07:19 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Daniel starts stripping off his clothing in preparation for taking hybrid form.

"I assume that you'll be able to cover me, too," he says to David. "But you might need to follow my lead when we get there. If I drop my cover, it won't blow yours, will it?"

"Nah, it'll be cool. So you'll tell us who the big bad wolves are, and shit?"

"As best as I can, yes, though it may be obvious. Anything more 'unnatural' than a vampire or werewolf is bound to be on the bad guys' side, too."

"Got it. We're not going to be able to see each other while we're creepin'," David says to everyone, "so we gotta get in a line and stay in physical touch until we get close. I'm assuming that everyone else's preferred method of engagement will be with their gats, besides Teen Wolf here, right?"
Old 01-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Huxley

Leo scratches his forehead and begins to focus. (Auspex: Aura Reading)

Leo pulls a pistol out of his hoody "Yes, that is the case. Do you plan on cloaking all of us, or should I make myself invisible?"
Old 01-24-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
Leo scratches his forehead and begins to focus. (Auspex: Aura Reading)

Leo pulls a pistol out of his hoody "Yes, that is the case. Do you plan on cloaking all of us, or should I make myself invisible?"
"Hold on," David says, then he spends a moment in concentration. "I've got you covered," he adds when he's finished.

In the meantime, Daniel has produced a folded up pouch that he puts his clothing into. You watch as he crouches and then makes the startling transformation into the hybrid man-wolf form. He scoops out a hole in the ground with long talons and buries his clothes, and when he stands, he's a good three feet taller than David, who his himself several inches taller than either of you.

"OK, then," David says, eyes a bit wider than normal. "Wolfman to my left side. I'll cover your advance. You should probably drop your cloak as soon as you move ahead of us." Daniel nods and falls in at David's left.

"Pick a side, gents," David says with a little grin once Daniel is in position. "You probably both want to scoot sideways a few steps away from me once old Wolfgang here makes his break. If you think you need to move some place after that, it's probably best to drop your cloak unless you're absolutely sure you won't be walking into anyone else's line of fire, or putting us into your line of fire, come to think of it."

((Who wants to pet the poochie?))
Old 01-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

"FML", mutters Jake under his breath. He then steps up next to the rather daunting form of the hulking werewolf.

"Okay, let's do this."
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Huxley

Leo picks the other side. (I'll go ahead and do Auspex: Enhanced Senses now)
Old 01-25-2011, 12:26 AM

Those of you with your heightened senses can feel the gait of David and especially Daniel as they walk, so you won't have too much trouble stepping roughly in time with them. Thus you can advance more or less as a single unit.

Maybe 100 to 150 yards out you can make out the battle lines of the fight that's just within the circle defined by the 12 trees of the grove. One side looks badly outnumbered, and as you draw closer, you get a sense of just how badly.

There are two Kindred surrounded by a circle of a half dozen or so human opponents, and a similar number of very inhuman opponents as well. Leo easily recognizes their insectoid forms. One of the encircled Kindred is a very large Nosferatu wearing a Luchador mask, and brandishing an articulated insectoid limb like a club. The other has a sawed-off shotgun in one hand and a pistol in the other.

There's a second skirmish, in which three angry-looking Garou each battle a black bear. One of the bears has a pale Kindred aura. All of the Garou have glowing green eyes and a rather unpleasant mixture of chitinous plating and fur along their entire bodies. Leo recognizes these guys as well.

When you look closely, there's another Kindred aura present, moving from the circle to the other skirmish, and the aura exhibits the black veins of a diabolist. You can't really get a good look otherwise; you suspect that some amount of Obfuscate might be involved in this. Daniel breaks free and charges the Garou currently engaged with the bears.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:38 AM
Radiation Romeo

Jake quickly breaks for an angle on the monstroids attacking the luchador (Jake has a soft-spot for lucha libre), looking quickly for something resembling cover that will give him a bead on the baddies while minimizing his chances of catching El Mascara and his compatriot in the case of a miss.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:43 AM

Before we go any further, did either of you want to do any additional buffing before combat starts? There would have been time for it as you walked up to the grove.