CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

In case it is not perfectly clear from the description, this is the room that Leo is looking into during his vision quest for the dagger:

Old 12-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Huxley

Leo falls backwards, but catches himself as he comes to awareness of his surroundings. Standing in an awkward position he pushes his hoody back, and begins to look around. He can be heard drawing air into his lungs, but this soon stops.

Leo composes himself and growls a hum. "... I strange vision. How informative it may be I can not say. Still..."

Leo pauses a moment to listen to the surroundings, making sure nothing is near.

"I began in a room with chairs and a table. The sheriff and the seneschal of New Orleans were there. Gwynnis was there. Annekke was there. There were four people I did not recognize, and for a reason I can not connect, Brooke was there."

"The dagger lay on the table which they were sitting around. There were some empty seats, and one empty seat in particular kept getting attention from everyone. I infer that there was a kind of death or loss associated with their attention. At this point, Gwynnis behaved as if they were beginning some kind of a formal gathering, and then red curtains fell on this scene"

"The curtains covered the sheriff, Anneke, and Brooke along with the dagger, as they were all near each other. The walls of the room became walls of a hallway made of curtains; I no longer saw the table, though it did not explicitly vanish. The hallway floor, which was not explicitly known before, was a chessboard tiling, though I do not know if this was explicitly meant as a chess board"

Leo unconsciously scratches his arm, pulling off some skin.

"The curtains raised to reveal a new room, zig-zagged with black and yellow, walls for curtains again. Dee Dee, Anneke, and Brooke were in this room, sitting in a circular pattern, sitting in the same order as when they were at the table with all the others"

"The dagger was there. It was a few paces in front of me, in between myself and the trio. Between myself and the dagger, there was a thick, black substance. From it arose my mortal self"

Leo again pauses to listen for movements outside of the three here.

"He attacked me and I moved out of the way. Then... here I am"

Leo stays in a distant posture for a few moments, thinking about the vision, then looks between David and Jake to see their reactions.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:26 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

“Brooke was there for the same reason I was,” says David. “You gotta realize, you can’t just walk up to someone like the G-woman and take a pull from her wrist and shit, not unless that kind of relationship already exists.” David shakes his head, something that comes off almost like a tic, as if he’s trying to shoo away a fly from buzzing in his face.

“News of Sidana’s death hit the Justicar’s network of agents pretty hard. Brooke was all listless and shit for weeks after learning of it. It was Sidana what gave Dru permission to sire us, all three of us, Brooke and me and Rat Tail.” David pauses, punctuating the silence with another twitch of his head.

“It’s a dangerous business, being an archon and shit. Anyone who takes the job knows their time could come at any moment. It’s just that no one thought that Sidana would be the one to fall first. No one.” Another pause, another head twitch.

“She could’ve been Justicar herself. I’ve heard she almost went for it after Gwynnis finished her first stretch as Justicar, but decided being Prince of London was a pretty plum gig. Can you even imagine what that shit’s like, to rule London for over 100 years, at the height of the British Empire?

“Anyways, the first few times Gwynnis busted out that round table, Sidana always sat just to her right. I guess the symbolism is all obvious and shit, but it doesn’t mean it wasn’t true. No one thought she’d be the first to go. It was me and Brooke what found Dee Dee, a few years after Sidana’s death. Gwynnis watched her for a week, then gathered up as many agents as she could, and adopted Dee Dee into the family, all official and shit.

“So, y’know, that part I understand, but this red curtain stuff, and all the shit that came after? That sounds like some sort of shit you’d see on TV.” David cuts off his monologue and shit and shoots a sidelong look in Jake’s direction.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

"She's fiiiiiiiiillled with seeeeeee-crets."

Jake shakes his head.

"Leo, you fan of David Lynch?"
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Huxley

((Would that be "Hidden Lore: Sabbat"? ))

Frankly stated: "No"
Old 01-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

"Anyone here a fan of David Lynch? I don't pretend to fully understand the hoo-haa that Leo's doing, but the imagery sounds remarkably like what Lynch did in 'Twin Peaks'. I hope that isn't a meaningful connection, 'cause that was a seriously fucked up show."
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-14-2011, 06:09 AM

"It was kind of a big deal out in this part of the country, as you might imagine," Daniel says. "I know a little bit about it. Did you mark Morgaine's words, about the man-beast being overpowered, or the trickster outfoxed? I'm getting the sick feeling that perhaps the bit about the doppelgängers may not have required all that much poetic license."

For some reason, these words make the middle of Leo's forehead start to itch. There isn't much time to think about them before you hear loud wolf-like howls coming from the direction of the grove, which still lies a couple of miles distant.

"I think we need to be answering the siren's call," David says, and he pulls out a pair of large pistols.

"Just be sure you're shooting at the enemy," Daniel says to him. "It may be the case that there are Garou without the Wyrm taint present. If there's a vampire technique for seeing who's who, it might be a good idea to get that working, if you can."
Old 01-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Radiation Romeo

Jake draws his pistol and checks it quickly.

"Oh shit... Do the local pooches know who we are? I'm all for not shooting people, except when they try to eat me."
Old 01-19-2011, 05:45 PM

Daniel raises his eyebrows at the word "pooches" but doesn't say anything in particular about it.

"Given how we arrived, I'm highly dubious that the locals are aware of our presence."

"Maybe we should be sneaky to start out," David says as he draws one of his pistols. "I know a few tricks that would make us hard to spot. He might, too," he says, pointing at Leo. He turns to size up Jake, then says, "Him, I'm not so sure he knows the tricks I've got in mind."

"Could you take care of him?"

"Yeah, most likely, but there'll need to be others who can pick up the slack with their super peepers, then. I'm assuming ol' Jake here at least knows how to do that." David turns to you again, a look on his face as if he's not quite sure that you do know what needs doing, Auspex-wise.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Radiation Romeo

"Super-peepers I can do."

((OOC): Is this where I should kick in the Auspex heightened senses stuff?)