CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default From the muddy banks of the Wishkah (Jake/Leo, Wed. 4/4/07)

"Where exactly are we?" David asks after Jake walks through the gate. The ground is soft; it has rained recently. The western sky is lit by the dying embers of twilight, but the sunlight isn't strong enough to do more than cause a vague feeling of unease. You're near the bank of a river that you can hear running just to the west of you.

"Maybe 15-20 miles north of Aberdeen, Washington," Daniel replies, beckoning for Leo to join the rest of you on this side of the gate. David furrows his brow for a moment.

"So closer to Seattle than Portland?"

"Yeah, by a good amount."

"Normally we'd go to report to the Prince of Seattle, but we're going to have to skip that formality, at least for now. We might get some attention from local Kindred authorities, especially if they've been investigating the area. Kindred I think I can handle, but I'd guess we're more likely to run into more Garou." David gives Daniel an inquiring look.

"I should be able to handle them, though they'll probably be suspicious at first. You'll just have to be cool for a bit, and let me handle the talking in the beginning."
Old 12-02-2010, 05:27 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

((Leo can give his crossing the gate post either here or in the other post.

Question for Chim, how big of a fan of 1990s TV is Jake? What sorts of shows would he have been into then, if any? More specifically, would he have been into X-Files/Twin Peaks types of shows?))
Old 12-03-2010, 12:29 PM

After Leo steps through, the Justicar says, "Bring them back. We'll open a gate here every hour on the hour, if we can manage it." Morgaine nods, and then the gate collapses horizontally until it's a vertical green line again. The line collapses vertically into its midpoint, and the small green disc then fades away, with a dim afterimage of the vertical line superposed upon it.

"Shall we get on with it, then?" Daniel asks.

Last edited by Detritus; 12-03-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Jake surveys the area quickly, looking for likely ambush spots.

"Does anyone here have a problem with cowardly ambuscade from behind? Because that's my preferred strategic gambit."

((I've moved this post to this thread, since Jake is no longer at the cemetery. This reply might not be the most appropriate thing now, since you at least have to walk to the grove (you're about 1.5-2 miles from it right now).))
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Detritus; 12-05-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
((Leo can give his crossing the gate post either here or in the other post.

Question for Chim, how big of a fan of 1990s TV is Jake? What sorts of shows would he have been into then, if any? More specifically, would he have been into X-Files/Twin Peaks types of shows?))
((Jake is a total geek for that stuff. If nothing else, he would've been into Twin Peaks for the snob factor.))
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-09-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
((Jake is a total geek for that stuff. If nothing else, he would've been into Twin Peaks for the snob factor.))
Check PMs. Also, a new IC post will be coming pretty soon, I think.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Jake surveys the area quickly, looking for likely ambush spots.

"Does anyone here have a problem with cowardly ambuscade from behind? Because that's my preferred strategic gambit."
"We'll proceed with caution, of course," says Daniel, "but at the very least we must make our way to the grove. I'm led to believe that at least one of you has a way to sense whether our quarry might be present."

An inquiring look appears on Daniel's face, though David just shrugs his shoulders.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Huxley

"That's me"

Leo brings his hand to his chin. His eyes strain as if he were closing them, but they remain open. (Concentrating to try and locate the dagger)
Old 12-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Radiation Romeo

Jake looks around somewhat furtively.

"Fuck me," he whispers to himself, "If I see Laura Palmer in the woods, I think I might actually shit myself."
Old 12-17-2010, 12:53 AM

Default The Archons of the Circular Mesa

Quote:
Jake looks around somewhat furtively.

"Fuck me," he whispers to himself, "If I see Laura Palmer in the woods, I think I might actually shit myself."
Daniel gives you a curious look when you say this, though it's not clear whether he actually heard you, or just reacted to your movements. He seems about to say something, when Leo sways on his feet perhaps a minute after he began his mental search for the dagger.

=======================

From Leo's perspective (and as if narrated to him), this is what happens:

It takes a few seconds before anything registers. Suddenly you can see the dagger lying near the rim of a circular table. There’s an empty ladder-backed chair just beyond the dagger, and Dee Dee stands behind the chair. To her right, Anneke is seated, and to her left sits Brooke. David is seated next to Brooke.

Gwynnis sits directly across from the empty chair that presumably is at Dee Dee’s place at the table. There are empty chairs to either side of her, and Bonnie is seated next to the empty chair to the Justicar’s left. There are others, four in all, whom you don’t recognize seated around the table. The empty chair between Gwynnis and Bonnie barely draws a glance from anyone present, but every pair of eyes save the Justicar’s is drawn more than once to the chair to her right. No one breaks the heavy silence surrounding those at the table.

Finally, Gwynnis looks to her right. The empty chair, identical to all the others, holds her gaze for perhaps the span of a dozen mortal breaths, and though her face is impassive her sorrow is almost palpable. Turning back to the table, her eyes flick to Anneke for an instant before she focuses on Dee Dee.

“Shall we begin?” the Justicar asks, her voice subdued.

At that moment, a red curtain lowers, sequestering Dee Dee, Anneke, and Brooke along with the dagger from everyone else. However, you see that the others are no longer present, nor is the circular table. The curtain hangs smoothly to the floor you now find yourself standing upon. The floor is in a corridor defined by the hanging red curtain in front of you, with another such behind you, and is tiled in a black-and-white chessboard pattern.

The curtain before you is raised, revealing another tiled room, except this time the tiles form a right-angled zigzag pattern, and alternate between red and yellow along the zigzagged lines. There are three chairs arranged along a circular arc. Dee Dee sits in the center chair, Anneke to her right, and Brooke to her left, as in the previous “scene” of the vision. The far walls of this room are defined by red curtains similar to those you’ve already encountered.

You then notice that the dagger lies on the floor, maybe four paces away from you, and a couple paces away from the chairs. There’s a stripe of a viscous tarry substance between you and the dagger. A figure suddenly emerges from the goop, and you give a start after realizing that whatever it is, it has the likeness of your mortal appearance. Your mortal doppelganger lunges towards you, clawing at your forehead, and you sway backwards to avoid the attack, when the vision subsides.