CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

The Colonel motions for Thomas and Merill to follow him. Roman also comes along, and after a moment's thought Daniel and Niobe volunteer as well. Bonnie sends Elliott to go with you and comes over to the other elders who remain behind. Col. Beaumont comes up to you as you walk to the buildings.

"If there are any locked doors you need to get past, Thomas and Merill here are at your disposal. I'll be assessing what exactly warding these buildings will entail, though I have no doubt that the Councilor and the Prince can manage matters out of hand." He throws back one side of his overcoat to reveal his own sheathed sword belted to his waist.

"I'm afraid I have neither the skill at arms nor quite as fine a weapon as the Justicar, though both blade and wielder are more puissant than might appear at first glance, and could prove useful in a tumult at need."
Old 10-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
The Colonel motions for Thomas and Merill to follow him. Roman also comes along, and after a moment's thought Daniel and Niobe volunteer as well. Bonnie sends Elliott to go with you and comes over to the other elders who remain behind. Col. Beaumont comes up to you as you walk to the buildings.

"If there are any locked doors you need to get past, Thomas and Merill here are at your disposal. I'll be assessing what exactly warding these buildings will entail, though I have no doubt that the Councilor and the Prince can manage matters out of hand." He throws back one side of his overcoat to reveal his own sheathed sword belted to his waist.

"I'm afraid I have neither the skill at arms nor quite as fine a weapon as the Justicar, though both blade and wielder are more puissant than might appear at first glance, and could prove useful in a tumult at need."
Francois nods. The gesture isn't quite curt, but clearly demonstrates a desire for efficiency, and a military bearing.

"Good. I'd rather not do any lasting damage to the buildings, as it would draw attention to the area from the mortal authorties. In any event, I doubt we'll find our enemies there, as the location has not been public knowledge for long; and they could only find out if they had an agent in our midst."

As he spoke, Francois took off his leather duster, and laid it across the saddle of his bike. Sheathed to his hip is his rapier. He has twin Desert Eagles in shoulder holsters. Looking around, he finds a stout pointy stick, and tucks it into his belt on the other side.

"But it doesn't hurt to be prepared."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:13 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

The Colonel gives you a crisp, fraternal salute and moves to undertake his appointed task.

The two buildings are the visitors' center and a garage.

The visitors' center turns out to be locked. Thomas is able to let the searchers for this building in. There doesn't appear to be any sort of alarm system. A thorough search of the building doesn't turn up anyone lurking on the premises.

There's an unlocked side door for the garage. It's filled with groundskeeping equipment and a couple of small buses, presumably for tours of the grounds. There isn't anyone there besides those searching the building, either.

By the time the search is completed, Rebekka is in the process of placing some silvery oblongs around the visitors' center, and the Colonel is doing the same for the garage. It is the Councilor, however, who raises the wards once everyone is back outside, silently making a lifting gesture at the side of either building in doing so.

While you're walking back to the initial gathering place, you hear the sounds of an approaching motorcycle, and shortly thereafter Uma rides up beside you, with Antoinette on the seat behind her.

"Yuri and Sarah are still at the dropoff point, but the weapons haven't arrived yet."

((Once François replies to Uma, and possible assigns people to various posts across the grounds, Jake will arrive on the scene with the armored vans.))
Old 10-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois nods for Antoinette to get off the bike. Once alone, he speaks.

"We're reasonable close to getting started. I want you to ride up and down 46 in front of this area. It's the most likely route that an enemy would be able to use to get here. If you see anything, fall back here and do not engage. We need to fight in a united front here, and we will engage as a unit. Understood?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:22 AM

Uma and Antoinette ride off. Shortly after you rejoin the other Kindred, Paavo emerges from the woods with three other men and three women. He notes that the cleansing of the ritual site is nearly complete, and is about to make introductions when you hear more vehicles approaching. Two vans.

((Chim is free to describe the manner of Jake's approach in as much or little detail as he likes. The group of Kindred + Garou is standing at the point marked "Meerlinda et al." on the Chalmette close-up map.))
Old 10-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

((OOC: D'oh! We're waiting on me! Mea maxima culpa!))

A pair of slightly battered SUVs pull up. Jake hops out.

"So, uhm, yeah... some stuff happened."
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-21-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
((OOC: D'oh! We're waiting on me! Mea maxima culpa!))

A pair of slightly battered SUVs pull up. Jake hops out.

"So, uhm, yeah... some stuff happened."
Whom is Jake addressing? Whomever it is (assuming it's an NPC) will reply: "Stuff? Please elaborate."
Old 10-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whom is Jake addressing? Whomever it is (assuming it's an NPC) will reply: "Stuff? Please elaborate."
((OOC: He's addressing the group in general -- he's not quite sure who he should be telling this to and, more importantly, who he shouldn't be telling this to.))
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-21-2010, 10:07 AM

OK, new reply then.

Rebekka looks at the SUVs, sees that it's just you and David, then says: "The Sheriff did not return with you. Is she investigating something?"
Old 10-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Radiation Romeo

Quote:
OK, new reply then.

Rebekka looks at the SUVs, sees that it's just you and David, then says: "The Sheriff did not return with you. Is she investigating something?"
"Prince, Justicar... If you would join me over here, you can inspect our purchases and I can give you a full report."