CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Brother Brian's Avatar
Brother Brian Brother Brian is offline
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I got nowhere else to go.
Posts: 16,529
Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
Anneke isn't in the balcony, she's arguing with her sire near the entrance of the jazz hall. That's also where Leo et al. are, including the Garou, though reading through the thread again this is never explicitly stated. Anyways, if you're speaking to Anneke, it's not in a Kindred-only situation, at least for the moment.

We can, however, just say that François's admission to Rebekka occurs in the balcony, and then the three stragglers in the balcony head down to the entrance before François speaks to Anneke.
OK that works for me.
__________________
Brother Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Brother Brian's Avatar
Brother Brian Brother Brian is offline
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I got nowhere else to go.
Posts: 16,529
Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Without looking at Anneke directly Francois replies to Caroline. "The time for discussion is over; and the time for action has begun. As the Justicar, the Prince, and I have promised, it is time for us to become protectors. We shall accompany you to the afore ordained place."

And with that, and without waiting for further consultation from Anneke, Francois turns to lead Caroline out of the Jazz hall.
__________________
Brother Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-26-2010, 07:09 AM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

A rapid-fire exchange in German starts up between Rebekka and Anneke following your departure from the hall. The discussion seems to have continued through the whole trip over to the cemetery, as they're still speaking German to each other while the muster of both Kindred and Garou builds. There are at least a dozen other Garou preparing the site for the caern proper beyond those you met with at Storyville. Councilor Meerlinda is also there with Col. Beaumont, Thomas, and Merill, though the Tremere are keeping their distance from the Garou for the time being.

((If you want to discuss anything with Caroline on the trip over, we can take care of it either IC or OOC, as you wish, before proceeding with things at the cemetery.))
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Brother Brian's Avatar
Brother Brian Brother Brian is offline
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I got nowhere else to go.
Posts: 16,529
Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
A rapid-fire exchange in German starts up between Rebekka and Anneke following your departure from the hall. The discussion seems to have continued through the whole trip over to the cemetery, as they're still speaking German to each other while the muster of both Kindred and Garou builds. There are at least a dozen other Garou preparing the site for the caern proper beyond those you met with at Storyville. Councilor Meerlinda is also there with Col. Beaumont, Thomas, and Merill, though the Tremere are keeping their distance from the Garou for the time being.

((If you want to discuss anything with Caroline on the trip over, we can take care of it either IC or OOC, as you wish, before proceeding with things at the cemetery.))
It would be difficult to discuss anything, as I'm on a motorcycle, and not in the car. I'm also armed up, in case there's any intercept on the convoy.
__________________
Brother Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Here's a map with relative locations for the in-game-current on-screen sites in the city. Rosalyn et al. started out near the arms pickup site, but not exactly in the same place.

__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-03-2010, 04:55 AM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Here's a closer-in view of the lay of the land. I should be able to get the next IC post up pretty soon.

__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-04-2010, 04:50 AM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Chalmette Cemetery is on the grounds of the Jean Lafitte National Historic Park and Preserve. You turn right off the street you took across the river and find the main gate of the grounds open. You follow this road for about a tenth of a mile, and then just as trees begin to line the road, there is a right turn to the “scenic route” of the preserve grounds, which is also lined with trees for a short length. When you emerge from these trees, there’s a small parking lot to the right.

Once you’re parked, you follow the curve of the scenic path away from the parking lot. A small group of people stands just to the right of the road, perhaps 100 yards from the bend in the path. The newly risen gibbous moon illuminates the thousands upon thousands of headstones, which cast long, westward-pointing shadows in the moonlight, on this side of the cemetery, to your left. The graves run along a narrow ribbon of ground, and you can just make out a second such ribbon on the far side of the cemetery road. Whether it’s just a side effect of the important mission you’re all about to undertake or something more sinister, you get a sense of the dead resting uneasily tonight.

As you approach them, the group resolves into Councilor Meerlinda and several of the other Tremere in the city: Col. Beaumont, Thomas, Merill. For the moment, there is no sign of the patrolling Toreador, the other Brujah or Gangrel in the city, or their Tremere attachés, nor does the arms shipment appear to have arrived. After Rebekka makes introductions, the Councilor speaks.

“The other Garou are in the woods, preparing the ritual site. They seemed reluctant to have us approach too closely.” The Councilor looks in a direction that angles through the woods, curiosity and irritation mingled in her features.

“They are cleansing the area of the taint of the Wyrm,” Diana says delicately. The Justicar’s eyebrows tick upwards for a moment, then she turns to peer in the same direction the Councilor is looking.

“My effectiveness as a guardian will be limited if I can’t even see the ritual site.”

“You will be able to approach within sight once the ritual starts,” replies Paavo. “Indeed, it is likely that the woods will become thick with the minions of the Wyrm once we’ve begun. We should check to see how the others are doing,” he says to Diana, and they both turn and head into the woods, striking a path along the direction where the Councilor and Justicar had just looked.

“You’re going to persist in this foolishness, then,” Anneke says to her sire once Diana and Paavo have receded into the woods.

“I must, my childe,” is the Justicar’s simple reply. “I shall not be without protection, however.” Gwynnis extends her arms and closes both her hands. A sword appears in her right hand, and a rather weather-beaten belted scabbard in her left.

“Will you do the honors?” she asks, thrusting the belt at Anneke, who takes it with a grumble. A faint smile appears on the Justicar’s lips as her childe girds her with the sword belt. She gives the belt a tug then sheathes her sword.

“It’s dreadful as a fashion accessory, I must admit,” the Justicar says, waggling the sheathed sword, “but it does have its uses. I believe there will be room for you at the caern site, Councilor, if you have a mind to assist.”

“I had thought to establish a new Chantry in the city this evening,” Rebekka says. “The Councilor’s aid would be invaluable in such an endeavor. Although,”
the Prince says, hesitating, “I would have expected the arms shipment to have arrived by now. Perhaps we should remain here at least until it arrives.”

“The Chantry can wait one more night,” the Councilor replies.

“Splendid,” Gwynnis says, “that’s settled, then.” She looks at Wynn and says, “There would also be room for one more doughty Kindred warrior, I believe.”

“As you wish, Justicar,” Wynn says with a slight nod.

“Wonderful, wonderful,” the Justicar says, obviously pleased with herself. “We’ve assembled quite a roster to augment the sentinels of the ritual proper, if I may so. When can we start?”

“I’m sure that either Diana or Paavo will return shortly with instructions,” says Caroline. “In the meantime, we can give some thought as to the disposition of the remainder of our forces. We shall certainly want to patrol the perimeter of the woods, and have at least a few patrols on the street.” She then trails off, casting her glance between Anneke and François.
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Brother Brian's Avatar
Brother Brian Brother Brian is offline
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I got nowhere else to go.
Posts: 16,529
Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Francois says "One Moment Please", and revs up his motorcycle and takes off down the road. He is gone for roughly 3 minutes.

"It appears that our physical location is not entirely ideal. About 150 yards back to the main road. Bearing right at the end of this road, and you'll find a small logging road cut into the woods. Were I to plan a raid, I would enter the woods almost due north of here, using our gifts to remain silent. The tree cover is thicker around the edges of the box created by the roads, with a thinning in the middle. I would avoid that area, it's a kill box."

Francois pauses, thinking. "We'll have to assume that we are the forces available. As such, I would recommend the following: Two of us, take positions at opposite corners, one to the north of the main gate, at the corner of the road. The terrain is such that it will give a good western and southern view. The other will take position at the logging site, and listen for woodland approaches. The rest of us remain in this area, to take a responsorial position. Also, we passed two buildings coming in. We should check them out to make sure that they do not offer our enemy superior position, and as a possible place of regathering."
__________________
Brother Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

"There are another dozen Garou here besides those of us who have just arrived," Caroline says. "We should have plenty to keep the perimeter of the forest guarded."

At a questioning look from Rebekka, Anneke removes her sunglasses, and her glass eye emits a faint, soft glow. She looks in the direction that Diana and Paavo went, and after maybe 15 seconds says, "There are fourteen distinct auras in the woods. And fifteen out here by the road," she says after looking at the group gathered outside the woods. Directing her gaze towards the buildings, she says, "I can see no auras in either building, but they should be searched directly as well." She pauses for a moment, closing then reopening her eyes, and with a distant look in her eyes says, "The outlying woods and the perimeter are clear as well, though it would be prudent to continue patrolling them, of course, and to man key points on the grounds, as the liaison has already suggested."

The three Garou with you look surprised and even grudgingly impressed with the efficiency of Anneke's search, and Merill and Thomas cast looks of professional interest upon the glass eye. Roman gapes for a moment before remembering himself, and even Wynn quirks an eyebrow. The other Toreador of the Justicar's line and the Councilor, Prince, and Colonel seem to take Anneke's performance as a matter of course.

"The buildings could warded after they're searched, couldn't they?" asks Gwynnis.

"It would not be difficult," replies the Councilor.

"Will this suffice?" asks the Prince.
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Brother Brian's Avatar
Brother Brian Brother Brian is offline
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I got nowhere else to go.
Posts: 16,529
Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Francois nods. "Right then, to the buildings first. Who wishes to accompany me?"
__________________
Brother Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright on all original post text belongs to the poster.