CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:33 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

" . . . . I . . I have had, other memories of then . . . trying times, perhaps it was correct. But I shall not set myself against our sire, that was done once already at her command, it shall not be done again"
Old 10-29-2010, 12:18 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

A tight-lipped scowl forms on Sidana's face, one that barely softens when she replies.

"I've done it more than once, and it's not that bad. And how many times has she set herself against me, against us? She sees her childer as little more than tools, whatever she may say, to be discarded or ignored as needed. Don't be a tool."
Old 10-29-2010, 12:38 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"Oh, really now? Just recently she took herself on a quest to the Deep Umbra to rescue a silly little childe as you recall"

"Unless you possibly think Jocelin Danis, the 13th gen failure as a bodyguard, failure at telling friend from foe and failure at diplomacy Blue Hurricane of New Orleans has any real objective value to her plots"

Last edited by Kalzazz; 10-29-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:39 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"Oh, really now? Just recently she took herself on a quest to the Deep Umbra to rescue a silly little childe as you recall"

"Unless you possibly think Jocelin Danis, the 13th gen failure as a bodyguard, failure at telling friend from foe and failure at diplomacy Blue Hurricane of New Orleans has any real objective value to her plots"
Sidana lets out a bitter laugh.

"You think that's some sort of objection? Where was she when I fell in Detroit? My so-called family abandoned me just when things heated up. She pays more attention to some stray kitten than her eldest childe."
Old 10-30-2010, 05:26 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

"We were dead as best she knew"
Old 10-30-2010, 08:54 PM

"The best that she knew?" Sidana says with a roll of her eyes. "All she had to do was close her hand to check."

Sidana reaches out and makes a grasping motion with her right hand, and holds a spear when her hand is finished closing.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"The best that she knew?" Sidana says with a roll of her eyes. "All she had to do was close her hand to check."

Sidana reaches out and makes a grasping motion with her right hand, and holds a spear when her hand is finished closing.
You see Sidana tense her grip on the spear, and another flashback comes over you.

You find yourself in a dimly lit hallway. You’re just able to make out a plaque that reads, “Portrait of Lisa Gherardini, wife of Francesco del Giocondo.” You feel the presence of others standing behind you, and barely spare the woman with the enigmatic smile a glance as you turn to meet them. The golden locks of your sire stand out even in the dim lighting, as do the vivid blue eyes of your childe.

“She’s with Charles, then?”

“She is, Majesty,” replies Mag. “He’s with Charles and the captain. They have much ground to cover in a short period of time.”

“Thank you, loyal subject.” Mag raises her eyebrows for an instant before recovering her composure.

“Sire,” she says, “Sidana,” but gets no further when Gwynnis breaks in.

“Did you love her, my Prince, when you gave her the Embrace?”

“What? Of course I did.”

“And would that love had diminished, had you been the one to give the Embrace tonight?”

“I fail to see what this line of questioning has to do with anything.”

“Do you? Then allow me to recount for you the circumstances of each instance in which I’ve given the Embrace: once for love, once out of dire necessity, and now after cold calculation. You will always be the one whom I Embraced for love, my Prince. I will swear this in any manner you desire.” Your sire calls Caledfwlch to her hand and kneels smoothly before you, proffering you the hilt.

“Take it, and do what thou wilt.” Your sire’s gesture puts you on your heels once again. A distant memory of a similar offer half a millennium ago in the French countryside intrudes upon your awareness, and you realize the magnitude of your folly earlier in the evening.

“Get up,” you say, exasperated. Gwynnis does not respond.

“Please rise, loyal subject, or I shall grant thee a knighting that will lighten the burden of thy neck.” Your sire looks up, a smile on her face, and dismisses Caledfwlch as abruptly as she summoned it before coming to her feet.

“Now that that’s behind us, Bonnie will need instruction from others besides Charles. Shall we?”
Old 11-02-2010, 03:16 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

" . . . that last vision, did, . . . did you mean to give me that one?"
Old 11-07-2010, 01:53 AM

Sidana replies with a scowl that compresses her lips into a thin line, and she begins to whirl the spear's point in your direction. There is a sound of wood striking flesh, and Sidana's maneuver is arrested before you have a chance to react.

"Your thoughts betray you, Sidana," says a beautiful woman a couple of inches taller than you whom you did not see a moment ago. Sidana suffers the woman to move the spear away from you, and the stranger casts her glance around the immediate vicinity, plainly looking for or seeing something.

"Samantha," Sidana says, irritated.

"Give over, Sidana, she won't be coming willingly. Samantha Drake, charmed, I'm sure," she says when she turns her attention fully onto you. "You'll have to forgive my associate, but I suppose you'd know as well as any how childish she can be sometimes. I suggest coming with us of your own accord, it will you a considerable amount of anguish."
Old 11-07-2010, 01:02 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

"Ah, Miss Drake, Im Rosalyn . . . . where is your pet? For some reason I feel a certain degree of antipathy towards her . . . . "

Rosalyn ducks back to the side, trying to turn so she can quickly look where once was behind her for Drake's friend as well as keep Drake and Sidana before her