CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Out from the ash she rose, with her red hair (Rosalyn, Wed. 4/4/07)

Before we get into the thread proper, what do you want to do about Rosalyn's spear? I'm assuming you'll want it near to hand once you're on the streets, but it doesn't have the returning property she's accustomed to. It might look weird to carry it with her on the street, so if you wanted to forgo that, it's matter of where you want to set it while you're stationed near the docks.

Also, I guess there's a question of what you'll be wearing. Jocelin's wardrobe might not quite be Rosalyn's style. You can specify what you want to wear, if it's at all important to you, within reason (i.e. something that could be fetched during the day by some nameless ghoul or another).
Old 07-09-2010, 10:14 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

((This being New Orleans, can the spear be disguised as a parasol?

As for clothes, hmm, how about a dress maybe like this? http://farm1.static.flickr.com/127/3...95234f5de0.jpg

Seems properly Toreador princess like, especially if like fey, and goes with a parasol))
Old 07-09-2010, 10:42 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, a lone spear disguised as a parasol would be a bit weird -- it's nighttime, the lengths are bit off, etc. However, a group of umbrellas for shading outdoors diners, one of which is the spear in disguise, and an outfit that looks like it might belong on an employee of a restaurant or hotel would probably work. I think the last element needed would be a name tag. Then Rosalyn could wear as frilly a dress as she wants and she looks like a hostess or something waiting for a ride. Would that be OK?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:13 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Alright, that can work then
Old 07-10-2010, 12:43 AM

A'ight. Do you care what the name tag reads?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:45 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

I think Rosalyn is fine, one way or another she wont be around in a short while so not like her name is a huge secret
Old 07-13-2010, 09:37 PM

OK, the dress we'll say was purchased during the day.

All the other stuff, the Councilor will linger after dropping off Crusher and conjure what's needed. When you get to the part where you explain about the name tag, Brooke suddenly moves up next to the Councilor and stands on her tiptoes. Meerlinda arches an eyebrow but leans so that Brooke can speak into her ear. She gestures at both you and Mag, and there's a mischievous light in her eyes.

The Councilor looks between the two of you, and then conjures two name tags. One reads:

MAGGIE
MANAGER

The other reads:

ROSALYN
TRAINEE

"That way, you can stick together," Brooke says, grinning. "We probably shouldn't have anyone get separated off by themselves, if we can help it."
Old 07-14-2010, 12:21 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

"I shall do my best to be a good student"
Old 07-19-2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"I shall do my best to be a good student"
"Once upon a time, these roles were reversed," Mag says. The Councilor silently takes her leave of the room, sparing a wary glance for Crusher as she leaves.

"For nearly everyone left in this room," Dru says quietly. She gives you a curious look, then shakes her head. "We should gather David and Edward, and head towards the docks."

This is a process of about 20 minutes. Crusher seems to take the biggest liking to Dru. David and Rat Tail go with them to patrol the area. You, Mag, and Brooke take up station several blocks from the docks where the arms delivery will occur. You can set up your umbrellas however you wish.

A few minutes pass after you've gotten set up, and then you hear what sounds a lot like automatic weapons fire.

"That definitely came from the docks," Brooke says. "Maybe we should check it out." She leaves in the direction of where the firing came from. Mag lingers for a moment.

What would Rosalyn like to do?
Old 07-19-2010, 03:05 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

"March toward the sound of the guns of course"

Rosalyn fetches her spear, activates Celerity, and dashes off