CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Francois nods. "Gladly you majesty, do I take on this duty, and upon my honor, and the honor of the Camarilla, any slights upon this day's allies will be satisfied as is our way."
"Thank you. Please be sure to coordinate with the Sheriff, so that she will know of this arrangement."

"Would it be better to integrate our forces during the ritual, or leave them segregated into Garou and Kindred patrols?" asks Wynn.

"I'd favor an integrated command," Diana replies. "There would be less chance of friendly fire."

"Assuming that the bickering within each patrol could be kept to a minimum, I would agree," Daniel adds, favoring Niobe with a slightly dubious look.

"That will be fine," Niobe replies, a touch stiffly.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"Might I recommend then, a Kindred and Garou 'captain' for each group?" Francois asks. "It seems that asking a patrol to answer to a leader whom until recently was quite likely considered enemy, might be pushing things a bit." Francois turns to Niobe. "Noble Fianna, would you do me the honor of serving in a patrol with me?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:54 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Niobe looks around the balcony, but little is revealed on the faces of the others there.

"I will," she finally says.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:47 PM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
Niobe looks around the balcony, but little is revealed on the faces of the others there.

"I will," she finally says.
Francois grins. "Excellent", he says general, and then quietly to Niobe he says, "I understand your reticence, but hope my wit and my abilities will prove to you the sincerity of our alliance."

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:16 PM

"We'll see what happens on the streets," Niobe replies just as quietly. She glances at Gwynnis, then Leo, after her reply.

"We can split everyone up as needed once we're at the ritual site," says Daniel.

"That brings up the location of the caern," Diana says.

"We thought perhaps the northern end of the city park might be a suitable locale," Rebekka replies. Diana looks to Caroline for her input.

"It'd do in a pinch, I guess, but there are issues that would arise. You must understand," Caroline says, turning from Diana to the assembled Kindred, "as a holy site, a caern will attract Garou visitors. Pilgrims, you might say. Worship at caerns is often done in our hybrid forms. Humans do not remember the sight of Garou in their Crinos forms, but any place that has such frequent traffic will acquire a sinister reputation."

"You're suggesting that we use a site that already has such a reputation, then," Rebekka says, to which Caroline nods in agreement. "Can you think of any such place, Roman?"

"The St. Louis Cemeteries would be my first choice, if you want some place with a rep of already being 'haunted,' especially St. Louis #1." Caroline's expression and body language is lukewarm at best at this suggestion.

"You seem to have another site in mind," Diana says to Caroline.

"St. Louis #1 would probably work, but I would suggest the Chalmette National Park and Cemetery. It's in the Lower 9th Ward, which has suffered more than its fair share of decay since the hurricane. The area is sparsely populated, and it's also known for being relatively lawless and violent. Plus, there are both Union and Confederate soldiers buried in the cemetery. Given the reason for raising the caern, it seems appropriate."

"You've put quite a bit of thought into this in such a short time, Caroline," says Paavo.

"Perhaps not so short a time," Diana says. "I'm beginning to suspect this is not the first time she's thought of it."

"It isn't, to be perfectly honest. But there are always obstacles to raising new caerns, especially within the city limits of a major metropolis."

"If we're to bring our full strength to bear against our enemies, doing so in a relatively secluded location would be best," Wynn says to Rebekka.

"The isolation is nice," Paavo says, "but for my part, the Civil War burial site is an important reinforcement for our purposes."

"Agreed," says Diana. "Does Caroline's proposal meet with your approval?"

"Yes," replies Rebekka after only a moment's thought. "We will see it done there. François, will you be sure to relay the ritual site to all the relevant parties?"
Old 06-07-2010, 09:08 AM

"Indeed, my Prince" Francois says, turning and whipping out his Blackberry. Those close to him hear him say in low tones "Uma, the site has been chosen. Please ensure that all members of the security detail meet at Chalmette National Park and Cemetery. This has been so ordered by Rebekka, Prince of New Orleans."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-09-2010, 03:23 AM

Diana signals Niobe, who steps aside to inform the Garou waiting in the parking lot of the NOLA Art Museum of the ritual site.

"We'll start preparing the site as soon as possible," Diana says. "There is still the matter of visitation rights. As Caroline has already mentioned, the new caern will attract worshippers. As you undoubtedly already appreciate, such attendance could give rise to volatile circumstances."

"It wouldn't be much trouble to treat all such worshippers as being under protection of the rules of Elysium," Rebekka replies. "So long as it is understood that they should proceed directly to and from the caern while they are in the city."

"Human cities are disorienting and alienating to our kind," Diana says.

"Most of our kind," Caroline interjects. Diana makes a gesture of acknowledgment.

"Most of our kind. They will not dawdle while within city limits. However, our worship rites are unusual. I do not know if they would violate your laws or customs, yet altering them is non-negotiable. On behalf of our kind, I would respectfully request that Garou law and custom hold sway on the caern's site itself."

"What exactly would that entail?" the Prince asks.

"For your purposes, the important matter deals with unwelcome visitors. Trespassers are dealt with summarily, and quite harshly."

"Trespassers do not concern me that much. It would not be a problem to declare setting foot on the caern's site a Domain violation, with a variety of possible punishments, up to and including destruction of the offender.

"It cannot be the case, however, that your worship jeopardizes the Masquerade. We maintain strict secrecy amongst the mortals, and if your worship rites would compromise this, I am afraid that no land anywhere within city limits could be ceded to you. This point is non-negotiable in its own right." Diana frowns but does not reply.

"The Veil protects us from incidental discovery," Paavo says.

"It's likewise possible to be discreet in our worship," Daniel adds. "I don't think it'd be much trouble to maintain secrecy."

"If we do manage to raise a caern within the city, I'd be happy to act as liaison," Caroline puts in. "I, at least, am undaunted by the big city." Diana keeps her lips pursed while her companions speak, then acquiesces.

"Very well, if the other sept leaders are on board, then it is agreed, if you concede that the caern and its immediate surroundings of the park and cemetery are formally under the laws and customs of the Garou."

"I'd recommend warding the whole area so that only Garou can pass, and be done with it," Gwynnis says to Rebekka.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:38 AM

Francois raises an eyebrow at the Justicar's suggestion, and appears about to speak, but rethinks it and says nothing.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-15-2010, 12:32 PM

"That might not be the most practical suggestion," Rebekka says. "We'll just have to be mindful of each others' prerogatives."

((The negotiations are pretty much finished from where I'm sitting. If there's anything you want/need to add, fire away.))
Old 06-15-2010, 03:42 PM

Francois' glance flicks to the Justicar momentarily before he speaks. "At the risk of elevating myself undeservedly, might I request that I be named liason with the Garou? As primogen of clan Brujah, and deputy to the Sheriff for Garou matters, I believe I have a level of authority to act as such within our society. Further, though brief, I believe that I have displayed my honor to the Garou lords, which is something that others of our kind may not have. On a practical level, I believe it to be our best option."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: