CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pre-meeting Council (François/Leo, Wed. 4/4/07)

You both arrive several minutes before the appointed meeting time of 830 pm. There isn't much going on in the parlor, but you hear people speaking in the dining room. Making your way their, you come upon a gathering of Kindred surrounding the dining room table. Rebekka is flanked by Anneke and Bonnie on one of the longer sides of the table, and Elliott stands next to Anneke. The other side has a number of New Orleans Kindred (Camille, Roman, Sabine, Ramiel, Radeyah) as well as Wynn.

Bonnie waves you in silently. You see a mosaic of printouts from Google maps on the table.

"...and so, our options are kind of limited," Camille is saying, "and of those, I would say the northern half of City Park is probably our best bet to meet everyone's needs.

"Very well," says the Prince, "we'll consider that our primary option, with the Audubon Park area as a secondary site."

"If I may say, Majesty," Wynn says, "the Garou might want to start as soon after the meeting as possible. Moonrise is an hour away, and becomes nearly an hour later each night. I suspect this consecration ritual is more effective when done under the Moon, and that tonight will be a better night than any for nearly the next four weeks. I recommend that the meeting occur in the Sculpture Park as opposed to Storyville Jazz Hall."

"I'd want more than suspicions and surmises, however shrewd, before moving the initial meeting out in the open like that," Anneke says to Rebekka, to general agreement of the New Orleans natives, save for Roman. Elliott and Bonnie keep their counsel to themselves for the moment. Rebekka turns to you, the silent query for your opinions on the matter plain on her face.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"I would agree with Anneke. They did not ask for such to happen tonight; to volunteer it makes us look desperate. Let them ask; and acceptance will then make us appear magnanomous."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:30 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"I'm inclined to agree with the others as well," Bonnie says. "We are petitioners in one sense, but the city is still our turf, as it is said. If the meeting is quick enough, you might be able to set other activities in motion even before the Moon rises."

"All right, we'll proceed with the original plan. With any luck, the negotiations will be a formality, but we will be prepared to do whatever it takes, within reason, to secure the cooperation of the Garou.

"Those of you on security detail, you'll want to discuss how to transition quickly from guarding the jazz hall to the ritual site, in case the ritual is done tonight. If it's at all possible to integrate the easily-concealed items from tonight's weapon delivery, that would be helpful. Given that the delivery is taking place offshore, we'll need Kindred familiar with the docks to help move things along. That would be the Brujah, I believe."
Old 05-04-2010, 02:14 PM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Are my Brujah with me?

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Are my Brujah with me?
At this precise moment, no. It's still a few minutes before half past eight.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:19 AM

"I will have it seen to Milady"

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-08-2010, 03:51 AM

"Thank you," the Prince replies. "I want every group on patrol to have some magical support. Sabine, you'll accompany the Brujah that go to the dock."

"As you wish, Majesty."

"Thomas, Merill, and Sarah will also be available," Rebekka says.

"And the Colonel? Muaziz?" asks Anneke. The Prince shakes her head.

"I want them with the Councilor and me after the negotiations. We will be establishing a new Chantry." The Prince makes a quick look around the more and then continues.

"The Sheriff will be part of the team picking up the arms delivery," Rebekka says to Anneke. "Please touch base with her before she leaves. And Jake will be looking for you for the payment funds, Seneschal."

"Ah, yes, accounts payable. Everything's ready there."

"Very good," replies Rebekka.

"I want you and Elliott inside the jazz hall while the meeting takes place," Anneke says as Bonnie heads out the room. Bonnie turns to give silent acknowledgment, and almost runs into Dru at the doorway in her distraction. The Seneschal stops short and stands aside, revealing two other women behind Dru, one of whom is Brooke. The second woman is cloaked and hooded, but lowers her hood while Dru and Brooke part to either side of the doorway.

"Majesty," the newcomer says. Her voice is low and melodic, and she makes a fractional curtsy, dipping her head and lowering her eyes momentarily as she does. "My congratulations on your ascension to the throne in New Orleans. I have come to present myself."

"Thank you, Magdalene. I believe your grandsire dearly wishes to be there when you present yourself. Shall we go upstairs?"

Rebekka leaves the room without waiting for an answer to her question. Magdalene follows her, and then Dru falls in line after that. Brooke lingers for a moment and looks around the room, cocking her head as if listening for something, then leaves without saying a word. A few seconds after she leaves, the Brujah enter the dining room.

"Was someone blowing a dog whistle in here or something?" Uma asks.

"There will be time to plumb the depths of Miss Matthews'... idiosyncrasies later," Anneke says. "For now, we have security matters to attend to. I am not sure if we'll need four additional Kindred to head to the docks after the delivery, but at least some who are familiar with the area should be there."

Anneke turns to François after she finishes speaking.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:52 PM

Francois turns to Uma. "We have an arms delivery coming in at the docks tonight. I would like you to coordinate reciept of the weapons, and bring those that can be conceiled to meet us at the Jazz hall."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-09-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Francois turns to Uma. "We have an arms delivery coming in at the docks tonight. I would like you to coordinate reciept of the weapons, and bring those that can be conceiled to meet us at the Jazz hall."
"That shouldn't be a problem," Uma replies. "I guess we'll do our rounds between the jazz hall and the riverfront, then."

At that moment, Merill and Thomas enter the dining room.

"The Prince also requested that at least one Tremere be with each group on patrol," Anneke says. "Given that our foes are magically skilled, I think this is a fair precaution. Based on the sensitivity of the mission at the riverfront, she further specified that Sabine be part of the delivery team." Uma looks at Sabine for a moment before nodding.

"Sabine's cool," she says.

"It would be useful to have some of the Brujah closer to the meeting site, also," Wynn says. "Surely all three Brujah and Sabine do not need to go to the riverfront."

"Give Radeyah to me and Sabine, and Antoinette and Yuri would be able to stay closer to the jazz hall."

"Does that meet with everyone's approval, then?" Anneke asks.

After any reply from François, there follows:

"Perhaps we should mingle the various clans in the other groups as well," Anneke says. "In the coming nights, we may not have the luxury to choose whom we're partnered with. Providing protection for this meeting with the Garou would be a chance to work on inter-clan coordination when the stakes are relatively low."
Old 05-10-2010, 06:04 PM

Francois nods.

"It may well be so. While I would prefer tactical units, it may not be available when the firing starts."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: