CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:31 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
"It will be important to secure the location; we are acting as host, and must protect our guests. My clan, at a minimum, should run security around the building."
"The building itself was part of Elysium, at least during Mr. Johnson's reign," says Camille.

"That's not a distinction our foes are likely to honor," replies Anneke. "The neighborhood should certainly have patrols. The building itself, too." Anneke looks over to the Toreador with Jazz, and then to the group with the Prince, before returning her attention to your group.

"And we mustn't forget the Tremere. I'm sure the Prince will want her clan involved, too." Anneke lapses into silence for a bit, her calculating plain on her face, even with the shades she wears concealing her eyes.

"Brujah outside, with one of myself or the Sheriff as well. Possibly both. The Seneschal can lead the Toreador in the building itself. And at least one Tremere both outside and in. Is this agreeable to everyone here?"
Old 03-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"Very Well" says Francois. I myself will be ready to respond should things come to a head, so a Brujah presence will be in Elysium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:12 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Leighton/Rosalyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidufel View Post
"I must confess my own bewilderment at this... and truth be known still bear some surprise. However, i offer my most humble greetings..." Leighton bows before Rosalyn, "...Rosalyn, childe of Gwynnis. It is a pleasure to be of acquaintance."

Looking to Rebekka, "was there more to discuss?"
Elliott also greets Rosalyn, his voice and demeanor pleasant enough, but a hint of wariness accompanies his greeting as well.

"Much more, I'm afraid," Rebekka says in answer to Leighton's question. "Sidana is also in New Orleans. She fell in Detroit over two decades ago, battling the Sabbat, but was not destroyed. The Sabbat captured her, and converted her to their side, presumably by force."

"There was a... fracture in Sidana's being, a result of the conversion rites," says Gwynnis. "Some portion of her essence was able to escape, and remained untethered to a physical body until very recently." She looks at Rebekka for a moment before saying, "That is a long story, the details of which are not important right now, save that Rosalyn must be reunited with Sidana, and quickly, else she will die."

"The arrangement with the Garou," Rebekka says, "is part of an effort geared towards recapturing Sidana. The Sabbat are in New Orleans, and have allied themselves with a corrupt faction of the Garou. When we set our plan in motion, it will provoke a response, and it may well turn out that it will take the combined resources of the Kindred and the Garou to weather that response."

"As you know, Colonel," says Gwynnis, "Sidana is an extremely dangerous quarry, and she still has the use of her spear." The Justicar's voice tightens on the word "her." "Many of the Kindred in New Orleans will be involved in the plan to recapture Sidana, but few will truly understand the full extent of her capabilities, even after being told."

"You'll work on the establishment of the Chantry, of course," says Rebekka, "but in the immediate term, I want you to be a part of the operation to recapture Sidana."
Old 04-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Huxley

"I find the plan to be agreeable. Though I do feel it necessary to note, in light of what will occur after our initial meeting with the Garou, that I may serve better in the role of reconnaissance and lookout than I would as a front-line combatant. I have the ability to hold my own, but expert warrior I am not. Of course, I am willing to do either"
Old 04-05-2010, 02:31 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"It is a pleasure to meet you also Colonel, I am very glad you will be part of this . . . . I understand your defiances of gravity concerning Sidana are truly impressive"
Old 04-05-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
"I find the plan to be agreeable. Though I do feel it necessary to note, in light of what will occur after our initial meeting with the Garou, that I may serve better in the role of reconnaissance and lookout than I would as a front-line combatant. I have the ability to hold my own, but expert warrior I am not. Of course, I am willing to do either"
"You don't want to continue as part of the negotiating team?" asks Anneke. "It's your right as being one of the eyewitnesses to the encounter in the Deep Umbra."
Old 04-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Huxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"You don't want to continue as part of the negotiating team?" asks Anneke. "It's your right as being one of the eyewitnesses to the encounter in the Deep Umbra."
"Sorry for being unclear. I think the negotiations will go well, and meant to reference when we moved to defend their shrine"
Old 04-08-2010, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
"Sorry for being unclear. I think the negotiations will go well, and meant to reference when we moved to defend their shrine"
"I think we will all be scouts at first," replies Anneke, "however, I believe we can adapt assignments to reflect our various individual strengths."
Old 04-09-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"It is a pleasure to meet you also Colonel, I am very glad you will be part of this . . . . I understand your defiances of gravity concerning Sidana are truly impressive"
((If Leighton wants to reply to this, he may, but I'm going to go ahead with restoring Jake et al.'s entrance.))

=====================

((I should have mentioned before, but Rebekka would have also introduced Leighton to Sabine, Thomas, and Merill, so we'll say that happened before getting into the meat of the conversation. See links for pics.))

As the separate conversations in the room proceed, the Sheriff returns to the mansion with Jake and Sarah behind her. She makes eye contact with Anneke as soon as she enters the parlor, and motions with her head towards the group with the Prince. She falls in besides Dee Dee as you make your way towards Rebekka et al. The Prince makes introductions, after which the Sheriff cuts in.

"Pleased to meet you, but we'll need to postpone the pleasantries for a bit. There were Kindred of unknown and possibly suspect provenance at the address that Jake's investigation led us to. It wouldn't surprise me if there's at least one more of Mr. Johnson's childer in town, though. He did the talking there, so I think he should start us off here as to what he found."

((It'll take a few minutes of in-game time for the introductions and Jake's preliminary report to unfold, even if it's covered in a single reply. François and Leo, who aren't in the Prince's group, could carry on with their conversation, if so desired, though that's not strictly necessary, either.))
Old 04-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

"Well, we got to the address and I took point. I figured I'd try to talk myself in and see if I could accomplish our goals with a minimum of fuss and bother. So, it was *really* helpful to be completely tongue-tied and thrown totally off my game because who should be at the door, but my sire of blessed memory, that psycho Annie. I have to apologize -- I was utterly discombobulated and did not manage to bring my A game to the task at hand. Annie baited me and the kid dug in his heels. The kid was surprised to hear about Mr. Johnson's death. Annie seemed to be as well, but I wouldn't swear to the truth of that; she's a sly one. And crazy. I don't know if she was working a deeper plan or just messing with me for the hell of it. But it seems apparent to me that she hasn't bothered to check in like she's supposed. Mind you, she's not a fan of the rules."
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln