CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Francois speaks softly, "Your grace, your investment in the current situation, and that of your clan, is not what Wynn spoke of. The Garou in question seemed to feel the possiblity that previous standing between you and they might be relevant."
"Previous standing? What previous standing?" Anneke comes up to the Justicar's right and whispers something in her ear.

"What, that? The Great Plague? Don't they understand how long ago that was? The Garou aren't planning on releasing the plague into New Orleans, are they?"

"I think it's safe to assume they won't," replies the Prince, "but perhaps you should be a part of the upcoming meeting, so that you can explain your side of things."

"Yes, I believe you're right about that." Rebekka turns back to François after the Justicar's reply.

"9 PM," she muses. "You'll be able to receive delivery of the weapons before then?"
Old 03-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"My presence is not strictly required for that. I believe that Jake can manage it. I have made the needed preparations."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:10 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
"My presence is not strictly required for that. I believe that Jake can manage it. I have made the needed preparations."
"Very well," replies Rebekka. "How are they doing, Anneke, have you heard from the Sheriff recently?"

"The last I heard, Jake had made contact with the occupants of the target address, two Kindred, a male and a female, with the Sheriff and Sarah a discreet distance away. I don't think there was too much in the way of danger, but it's been a little while since I've heard anything."

"Kindred the Sheriff did not recognize?" asks the Prince.

"It seems so, yes."

"Have we been introduced to all of your sire's childer?" Rebekka asks of Ramiel and Radeyah.

"All those we know of in New Orleans," replies Ramiel. "There have been others who have left the city. So far as I know, none of them have returned." Radeyah nods in agreement as Ramiel speaks.

"Shall I have them brought in?" asks Anneke.

"Continue monitoring the situation for now," replies Rebekka. "Let's see how our newcomers handle themselves."

"What can you tell us of this shrine they propose to have us help them to secure?" the Prince asks you.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:32 PM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"Very little. My understanding is that the holy place, a caern they call it, is someplace where they commune with the target of their worship. There is some supernatural element to it to be certain. I would imagine that agreeing to this provision is to agree to provide an affirmative defense while the site was consecrated, and from there to an agreement that the area is there's."

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:52 AM

((This post was trickier than I first anticipated. Any of the PCs present, which includes all but Jake right now, may supply such input as they see fit, although I'm not sure it's strictly necessary. I think the discussion will break up into subgroups very shortly, but I'll probably keep everything in this thread.))

"That's a volatile arrangement," Gwynnis says to Rebekka.

"My sense is that the leadership of the Garou that we did meet with were earnest in their desire for peaceful relations," says Wynn.

"I'm sure it was," replies the Justicar, "and no doubt the arrangement would be very beneficial in the short term, yet the Garou are no more longer-lived than humans of robust health. There is an inevitability to the turnover in their leadership, and each such change brings with it a chance for the leaders' philosophies to change with it."

"I dare say that the most recent turnover in leadership has happened on our side," Wynn retorts.

"Quite so," replies Gwynnis, "and look at the policy and personnel changes that have accompanied the change in leadership. A primogen council formed, Ventrue returning to the city, no doubt a new Chantry will be established and be peopled by several Kindred who hadn't lived in the city before last week. And that's filtering out the changes wrought by the looming conflict." The Justicar turns towards Rebekka.

"New Orleans is yours to rule as you see fit, my Prince, within the usual limitations, but I urge you to consider that this turnover, and the changes that attend it, is something that you'll have to face with the passing of each generation. One generation's symbol of cooperation with their mortal enemies might well turn into the power base to launch an assault against those enemies for the next. If not that one, then the one that follows, or the one following that. How long will it be before they forget?"

"They seemed to remember you well enough, from an incident that occurred over three centuries ago," says Anneke. "Three centuries ago at the most recent." Justicar and Archon hold each other's gaze for a moment before the reply.

"That memory persisted against the backdrop of an intensely contested battle for resources and territory. I was born into a world where the Romans ruled Britain within living memory, and I have never heard of the like as has been proposed. Uneasy truces, smoldering resentment, open hostility, these are the things that have defined Kindred-Lupine interactions for millennia."

Having watched this interplay in thoughtful silence, Rebekka finally speaks.

"Your warnings are well-taken, elder, but we will pursue an agreement with the Garou. It falls to us to forge the continuity necessary to keep relations with our allies in good repair." The Prince turns to the great arc of Kindred before her.

"We will heed the Justicar's warning, but I choose to frame it thus: that we take care that both sides understand in no uncertain terms the nature of the agreement. If it is a temporary arrangement, then so be it. If it is a longer-term commitment, then we cannot and will not cast it aside when it is convenient to do so. Undoubtedly, a construction of one of these caerns, should it proceed, would necessitate a lengthier agreement."
Old 03-30-2010, 05:52 PM

"Will the meeting take place here?" Anneke asks.

"No," replies Rebekka after a moment's thought, "let's have the meeting at Storyville Jazz Hall. Make whatever security arrangement you deem necessary. The Justicar and I will both be there. You can work with those who attended this morning's meeting to set a final roster for the meeting tonight. Apprise the Sheriff of whatever you've planned when she returns. Do your best to work out a suitable location to cede to the Garou as well."

Bonnie returns and inquires of the Prince when you'll be ready for the mortals. She says that will happen shortly, and then directs the Seneschal to work with Ramiel and Radeyah to see to Jazz's immediate needs for settling in to New Orleans.

"Elliott, Colonel, will you please come with me? There are some matters that require discussion." The Prince glances at Rosalyn before heading back towards the far corner of the parlor. The Justicar and Councilor go with the Prince.

((More setup, actionable posts to follow shortly...))
Old 03-30-2010, 06:02 PM

Default François/Leo

The PCs with Anneke et al. (François/Leo):

Anneke watches her sister head towards the corner of the parlor before turning back to those of you who were at the earlier meeting with the Garou. Camille remains with this group, and the Brujah on backup duty tonight remain as well.

"For meeting attendees, I'm not sure we need any more than the four of you at tonight's meeting, the Prince, and the Justicar."

"I think Camille should also be there," replies Wynn. "We'll be relying on her knowledge of the city in the matter of picking a location for the caern."

"OK, that sounds reasonable enough.' Is there anyone else?"

((After any reply to this question, Anneke resumes with the following question.))

"I'm assuming you'll want the Brujah in the area as before?" Anneke asks François. "I'll want at least one of myself or the Sheriff out there, also, but I want to hear her report before deciding either way."
Old 03-30-2010, 06:13 PM

Default Rosalyn/Leighton

The PCs with Rebekka et al. (Rosalyn & Leighton):

The other Tremere in the room follow the Prince into the far corner of the parlor. Rebekka begins by addressing Leighton and Elliott.

"As you both no doubt are wondering, your eyes do not deceive you. She who stands before you shares the physical form of Sidana Quinnell," the Prince says, gesturing towards Rosalyn, "yet she is not Sidana. May I introduce to you Rosalyn Quinnell, childe of Gwynnis."
Old 03-31-2010, 09:50 AM

"It will be important to secure the location; we are acting as host, and must protect our guests. My clan, at a minimum, should run security around the building."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-31-2010, 11:39 AM

hidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
The PCs with Rebekka et al. (Rosalyn & Leighton):

The other Tremere in the room follow the Prince into the far corner of the parlor. Rebekka begins by addressing Leighton and Elliott.

"As you both no doubt are wondering, your eyes do not deceive you. She who stands before you shares the physical form of Sidana Quinnell," the Prince says, gesturing towards Rosalyn, "yet she is not Sidana. May I introduce to you Rosalyn Quinnell, childe of Gwynnis."
"I must confess my own bewilderment at this... and truth be known still bear some surprise. However, i offer my most humble greetings..." Leighton bows before Rosalyn, "...Rosalyn, childe of Gwynnis. It is a pleasure to be of acquaintance."

Looking to Rebekka, "was there more to discuss?"