CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hour follows hour like water in a river... (pre-dawn Wed. 4/4/07)

This post is setting the stage. Follow-up post will be coming shortly.

Leighton
The Justicar's private aircraft touches down in New Orleans just after 5 am. Half an hour later, you, Elliott, and Jazz (see this post for pics of Elliott Sinclair and Jazz Wentworth: http://forum.criticalfumble.net/show...8&postcount=35) arrive at a three-story mansion near the campus of Tulane University. A ghoul attendant leads you to a large parlor. There's a surprising number of people present for a meeting this close to sunrise.

Your eye is drawn to a group of five women near the far corner of the room, the only people (save one) in the room that you recognize. The barest glimmer of recognition appears on Councilor Meerlinda's face when you enter. Gwynnis looks over and gives everyone in the group of newcomers a coy little half-smile before resuming her conversation with the Councilor. Anneke gives you a nod of acknowledgment as Rebekka begins moving away from the group of women to occupy a more central position in the parlor.

You exchange a look with Elliott when you realize that the fifth woman in the group is in actuality a teenage girl in appearance. You had both heard that Sidana had been destroyed nearly a quarter-century ago, yet there she stands. She seems distracted, and does not look in your direction when you enter.

There are two other groups of about a dozen people apiece in the room. The only other person you recognize is Bonnie, who is holding forth in another corner of the room, surrounded by ten or twelve others, all of whom are at the very least attractive, and dressed in what you presume is stylish attire of various sorts.

The other group is near the door where you enter the parlor. On the whole they are dressed much more casually than Bonnie's group, with a couple of exceptions. One of those exceptions, a beautiful woman of middling height, speaks with a tall, rugged-looking man perhaps in his early 40s. How many are Kindred, and how many mortal, you do not yet know.

François and Leo
Wynn and Camille are quietly speaking to each other about various sites in the city where a caern could be located. Roman is there, as are the Brujah who went to the community college for backup. Three of the other Tremere in the city -- Sabine, Thomas, and Merill -- are also in your group, on the side opposite of you. Dee Dee, Sarah, and Jake haven't returned, and neither have Zack and Erik.

A group of three men, two who are probably in their early to mid-50s, the other perhaps half that age, enter the parlor, prompting Rebekka to head towards the center of the room. After you gave Rebekka a brief rundown of your encounter with the Garou, the Prince had informed you that newcomers to the city, at least two of whom would be permanent additions to the Kindred community in New Orleans, were on their way, and requested that you wait to make your full report until after they presented themselves to her.

Bonnie is with Radeyah, Ramiel, and Kallista, and eight members of Mr. Johnson's herd, whom his childer have managed to round up for this meeting.

Rosalyn
You're still reeling a little from all you've learned tonight in your memory retrieval session with your sire. In addition to the vision you had of striking down Gwynnis in 1940 England during the Councilor's tarot reading, you've relived a similar episode when the Spanish Armada threatened England in the late 16th century. You also remembered drinking your brother dry in St. Michael's Cathedral in Glastonbury Abbey a few days after your Embrace. In addition, you are (or at least Sidana is) apparently one of the patron saints of France.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:11 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

One of the older-appearing newcomers steps forward to present himself to Rebekka.

"As is the Tradition, I recite the lineage of Elliott Sinclair, a Toreador of the Seventh Generation.

"My name is Elliott Sinclair. I am Toreador. My sire is Anneke." Rebekka breaks in when Elliott is about to continue.

"Thank you, Elliott, I'll stipulate to acknowledging the remainder of your lineage without your needing to recite it. Welcome to New Orleans."

"Thank you, my Prince." Elliott sketches a bow and steps back into the group of Kindred near the parlor door.

Rebekka then turns to the other of the older-looking gentlemen newcomers. Her face is on the pleasant side of neutral as she waits for his introduction.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:59 PM

hidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud of

Leighton steps forth towards Rebekka, and in front of her bows graciously, as an englishman, with his arms back. "It is my honor to announce, Colonel Leighton Beaumont at your service. As tradition dictates, I present myself to your presence, 9th generation tremere, childer of the Lady Chadwith, whose sire was Astrid Thomas."
Old 03-23-2010, 04:58 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

((Where am I currently located and such?))
Old 03-23-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
((Where am I currently located and such?))
Quick layout of the room, using clock coordinates, if you're looking down at it from above:

There are two doors, positioned where the hour hand of a clock would be at ~ 1:30 and ~ 4:30. The 4:30 door is the one closer to the front door of the mansion.

Rebekka is near the center of the room, slightly in the direction of 12 away from the center.

Rosalyn is with Gwynnis, Meerlinda, and Anneke in the 10-11 o'clock position of the room. Rosalyn herself is probably closer to 10 o'clock.

Bonnie et. al would be in the 1-2 o'clock position.

Everyone else in the room is roughly ranged between the 4 and the 8. The newcomers start out between 4 and 5, and move until they're just a couple paces away from Rebekka when presenting themselves.

I'll get to Rebekka's reply to Leighton, Jazz's presentation, and what follows thereafter as soon as I'm able.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:43 AM

((I forgot to mention this in the setup post, but Gwynnis is now sporting an eyepatch over her missing eye, and also has found a white blouse with ruffles along the button line that she now wears under her black suit jacket.))

"Welcome, Colonel, I'm pleased that you able to make it here in such good time. We'll speak more in a short while."

Jazz takes his position front-and-center to the Prince as Leighton recedes into the arc of Kindred behind him.

"As is the Tradition, I recite the lineage of Jazz Wentworth, a Ventrue of the 10th Generation.

"My name is Jazz Wentworth. I am Ventrue. My sire is Heather Florent." Rebekka keeps her face neutral, and gives no indication that Jazz's presentation is complete.

"My name is Heather Florent. I am Ventrue. My sire is Luccia Pacciola." Still no reaction from Rebekka.

"My name is Luccia Pacciola. I am Ventrue. My sire is Sir Walter Nash.

"My name is Sir Walter Nash. I am Ventrue. My sire is Helena Casimir." Rebekka finally nods after hearing Prince Casimir's name from Jazz.

"Thank you, Mr. Wentworth, that will be sufficient. Please accept the hospitality of the Domain of New Orleans," Rebekka says to the three newcomers, indicating the group standing by the far door. The Kindred in that part of the parlor (Bonnie, Kallista, Radeyah, Ramiel) segregate themselves from the mortals.

"There are matters of import that require discussion before sunrise, so I am afraid the hospitality portion of this meeting must be short."

"Should we wait until after the discussion before proceeding with other matters?" asks Elliott.

Rebekka purses her lips and turns towards Bonnie. "Perhaps if we sequester those guests who need not be present for the discussion?" she says to the Prince. After another moment's thought, Rebekka nods her assent.

While Bonnie and Kallista are shepherding the mortals from the room, the Prince signals for Radeyah and Ramiel to remain. They move to about 3 o'clock in the room, and Rebekka takes a few more steps away from the Kindred arrayed in the great arc facing her.

"Before we proceed with the main item on the agenda, some residency matters. Mr. Wentworth is the first member of the Ventrue clan to relocate to New Orleans in some time. The first of several, it is to be hoped; their absence has been felt in the city."

"Thank you, my Prince," Jazz replies, "I can only hope to live up to the high standards of leadership and decorum of my clan."

"And you, Elliott, what are your plans? The might of Clan Toreador as embodied by the Justicar and her most trusted agents cannot remain in New Orleans indefinitely. Yet the clan will need a leader after their departure. Would you be that leader?"

"It had not been my intention to remain here past Conclave," replies Elliott, "but the matter could come up for negotiation." He sends a brief, wary look in the direction of Gwynnis. Ramiel and Radeyah exchange a glance, then divide their attention between Elliott and Gwynnis et al.

"Very little under the stars is truly non-negotiable," Rebekka says, "of which more in a moment." The Prince turns to Leighton.

"Given the likelihood of imminent conflict with the Sabbat, the Councilor and I both felt it prudent to have someone with military experience to help establish and organize the Chantry of New Orleans. Col. Beaumont has experience from serving in Her Majesty Queen Victoria's army, and has also had occasion to lend assistance in other engagements in the field. He will be Regent of the New Orleans Chantry at such time as it is established."

((Leighton may offer up a brief reply here, which we'll say occurs before any other matters are discussed, regardless of the actual order in which they're posted.))
Old 03-24-2010, 02:48 AM

"Now that the administrative items are out of the way, we can discuss those matters of import," Rebekka says. "We have strong reason to believe that the Sabbat are allied with, or at least working with, a segment of the Garou population. We have made overtures to a different faction in the Garou political structure, and those who were in this embassy are here to present their report to this assembly."

All eyes turn to those of you who met with the Garou once the Prince finishes speaking.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois steps forward. He speaks in a clipped military tone, chock full of formality.

"Your highness, the meeting with the Garou elders was marginally successful. Upon proving the involvement of those known to the wolves as Black Spiral Dancers, we entered into negotiation. A standard agreement was reached that should we ally ourselves, neither they nor we would offer violence upon the other."

Francos pauses here, briefly scanning the room with his eyes, making brief contact with all. His tone becomes a fraction less formal and almost imperceptably menacing. "This I have guaranteed to them on my own life."

"Some standard negotiation tactics happened at that point. The garou elders feel that the inclusion of the Black Spiral Dancers will be insufficent to gather the will of their kind to battle at our side. They have requested our assistance in securing for them a shrine of their religion, specifically offering security while they consecrate it. I made no promise or rejection to this request.

"As is common, we reached a point where reasonable terms were put forth, and we withdrew. At this time, a meeting between Kindred and Garou leaders is called for. We arranged to meet them at the hour of nine tommorow, and convey them to your presence."

With that, Francois clicks his heels together, bows once, and waits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:09 PM

"I believe there will be no problem in granting the good-behavior provision," Rebekka says. "Any who harm our Garou allies will be held in violation of the Sixth Tradition, should we manage to form an alliance. If anyone present has any grievances with the Garou, it's probably best if they're brought out into the open now."

Wynn's gaze slides over to Gwynnis after Rebekka finishes, and the Prince turns her head that way after seeing Wynn direct his attention to the Justicar.

"You think I'd break the peace?" Gwynnis asks, coming up to Rebekka's right side.

"Your name came up," Wynn replies. "At least one of those we met with seemed either to have her own grievance, or suspected one of you."

"But that's preposterous. The Toreador have as much skin in the game as any other clan. You explained that, didn't you?"
Old 03-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois speaks softly, "Your grace, your investment in the current situation, and that of your clan, is not what Wynn spoke of. The Garou in question seemed to feel the possiblity that previous standing between you and they might be relevant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.