CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"I'll do it," Niobe says, momentarily cracking a little grin, "if for no other reason than morbid curiosity. Let's sit," she says, indicating the ground in front of the chair sculptures. "You'll each need to take one of my hands." She gives Leo a dubious look for just an instant, then sits and holds her hands out.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:36 AM
Huxley

Leo holds his hand for her to see for a moment so she can gauge it. The skin cracks in places and bundles in others, taking the form of a spider-web.

"You may wish to use a method that does not use touch, if you can", he croaks.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:19 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"It works better if I can touch everyone involved in the procedure," Niobe says. "The contact doesn't have to last very long. Just relax, and call to mind wherever in your memory you'd like to begin."

Niobe reaches out once everyone is seated and comfortable, beginning the memory projection.

((Everything that happened in the Deep Umbra is recorded from post 16 onward in the Beware the Violent Welsh thread. It'll be your call as to how much you actually want to reveal, but if you want to reveal all Deep Umbra memories and only Deep Umbra memories, they take place in the final two-thirds of that thread.))
Old 03-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm cool revealing everying from post 16 onward in that thread. (And only that thread. I do not wish to reveal Avalon / Glastonbury Tor to them.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Huxley

Leo allows her to touch him, then. He will only reveal the Deep Umbra (Post 16 to the end of that thread seems to work well).
Old 03-08-2010, 03:28 AM

Once you're all seated, Niobe takes your hands. She seems able to project her calm and focus to a limited extent, which aids in your concentration. You're able to feel her pulse faintly, a steady rhythm that slows appreciably by the time she releases her hold on you.

The projection begins as soon as Niobe lets go of you. Though in a light trance, you're able to open your eyes and communicate. It does not take long for the comments and questions to begin.

"Three young girls," Paavo says, "two with a Garou, the third in a second Garou's clutches."

"Mark their hides," Diana adds, "chitinous, and without fur. Surely a signifier of the corruption of the Wyrm. And Fomori," she finishes with disgust.

"Agreed," replies Paavo. "There is no doubt that the Garou are Black Spiral Dancers."

"The red-haired girl well-known to the Fianna," Niobe says. "The eldest of the White Spirit's daughters. Yet she is in league with the Dancers."

"What can you tell us of the circumstances surrounding this engagement?" Niobe asks of you.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:55 AM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois speaks slowly, almost languidly. "The kindred engaged with the second loup-garou, is a clanmate of mine, under my leadership. Through rash action on her part, she broke away from what you seem to refer to as the near umbra. The one you call White Spirit arranged for us to have an opportunity to rescue her. We traveled to this location.

At the time, neither Leo nor I knew of the relationship between the red haired kindred and the White Spirit. We knew only that she was in league with our enemy."

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:52 PM

You come to the portion of your memories where you managed to partially free Jocelin from the Garou's grasp.

"Your compatriot seems very handy with a sword," says Diana. "Is she one of the White Spirit's disciples?"

"The Garou bled orange blood," says Niobe. "Another sign of the Wyrm's corruption."

"Why did you not bring the sword-wielding girl with you?" asks Paavo. "I would very much like to speak..." Paavo suddenly cuts off when Jocelin falls. "She was rash," he says, somewhat lamely, after a pause.

"The White Spirit quarreled with her offspring," says Niobe.

"The other two girls left with the surviving Black Spiral Dancer," Diana says just after the memory projection ends. "What say you, Niobe?"

"I cannot deny what I have seen. Cooperation between Black Spiral Dancers and the vampires. And yet, there are two factions, as is evident from the battle we have just seen."

"What specifically do you propose?" Diana asks of you.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:10 PM

Francois again speaks slowly, though this time not as if in some sort of dream state, but rather as one who is being careful not to offend.

"I did not come here to propose, but to offer. As I have said, it is the way of my kind that we prefer to deal with our enemies ourselves. Those of us familiar with your ways thought it may be the same with you."

Francois pauses for a beat.

"I do recognize that an alliance with you would be beneficial. While we are, as you have seen, formidable, we lack the expertise that generations of battling these corrupted garou has given you. I make no claims that we are unaware of our self interest in our offer.

Having said that, we, the kindred of this city, will do battle with our enemies, and yours. We have the ability, and more importantly the resolve to win the day.

Francois holds his hands out to his sides, palms forward.

"So what I offer is thus. If you chose, you may join forces with us against our combined enemy. We will share with you our military intellegence. In return, I ask nothing but your word that no garou will utilize this as an opportunity to earn glory by destroying a vampire. I will equally assure you that none of my kind will make any such attempts against you."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-09-2010, 03:55 PM

A look passes between Paavo and Diana, their faces unreadable as they exchange their glances.

"You have the wherewithal to make this assurance on behalf of all those in your faction?" Niobe asks. The other Garou shift their gazes to Niobe, then you, but add nothing to Niobe's question.