CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

(OOC -- Sorry to have been so slow -- a combination of factors, including an honest-to-goodness case of RP-block -- I'm trying to speed it up)

Jake rolls his eyes briefly at Annie's comment, then gives her a condescending wink and a smirk.

"Mr. J has been dead longer than I've been in the city. Seems to me that you should've been more up-to-date than me, hm? It's looking more and more like we need to talk. I mean, I don't need to remind you [looking at Annie] about how things are done. How long have you been in town, A-Bomb? We really need to chat."
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"I'm afraid I don't spend much time at court," Annie says, "it's normally a dreadful bore. If there's still even a court now, that is, I could be behind the times. But I do know enough not to be so credulous as to believe someone's claim that they're backed by the people in charge based on a mouthful of half-answers."

"A-bomb..." Bobby says. "You two know each other?"

"Hmm, didn't I say? I made him one of us," Annie says, smiling a too-sweet smile. "A smoother talker, or bigger conniver, you won't find."

Bobby stares at you for a bit, and you can almost imagine the lovely shade of green he must be turning into on the inside.

"She's right, dude, bullshit walks. How do we even know that Mr. J. is really gone?"
Old 03-31-2010, 10:10 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

"By all means, don't believe me. Don't take me up on my oh-so-unreasonable offer to chat in a neutral, public place of your choosing. Persist in flouting Camarilla law. It really is no skin off my nose. What possible proof could I bring you? A small handful of ash? Whatever, dude. I've discharged my obligation here. No doubt someone else will come by to sort out exactly what the nature of your relationship with Mr. J was and what you did for him, as well as the nature of your involvement with one of the more rebellious members of the family. Do enjoy that."

Jake turns to go.
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-31-2010, 01:01 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

The door slams behind you once you take a couple steps away.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:36 PM
Radiation Romeo

OOC: #@$%ing hell... So much for my bluff...

Jake immediately approaches Dee Dee and Sarah and fills them in.

"What now? This is a lot more complicated now. Should we whistle up some enforcers and make this personal?"
Old 03-31-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Jake immediately approaches Dee Dee and Sarah and fills them in.

"What now? This is a lot more complicated now. Should we whistle up some enforcers and make this personal?"
"We are the enforcers," Dee Dee says with a smile. She turns serious after a look towards the house.

"So your sire is in town, is she? We've still got a few options. We can do a little asking around, see what the other Kindred in the city know about them. We could just Summon them to the mansion, I'm sure Rebekka will be interested. You'd be the best option for your sire, if you've got the know-how. Or we could just haul them in directly. How rough does Annie like to play?" The Sheriff looks at the house again.

"From what you've described, I wonder if Mr. Johnson Embraced this Bobby kid on the down-low. It's pretty damn peculiar that Annie would end up with him. Did she ever mention to you who her sire was?"
Old 03-31-2010, 02:32 PM
Radiation Romeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"We are the enforcers," Dee Dee says with a smile. She turns serious after a look towards the house.

"So your sire is in town, is she? We've still got a few options. We can do a little asking around, see what the other Kindred in the city know about them. We could just Summon them to the mansion, I'm sure Rebekka will be interested. You'd be the best option for your sire, if you've got the know-how. Or we could just haul them in directly. How rough does Annie like to play?" The Sheriff looks at the house again.
OOC: This would be a place where I need some GM input -- Annie is a bit of a rebel, but I'm not sure how to answer the question. Also, I've got Summoning -- would I be strong enough to summon my own sire?

Quote:
"From what you've described, I wonder if Mr. Johnson Embraced this Bobby kid on the down-low. It's pretty damn peculiar that Annie would end up with him. Did she ever mention to you who her sire was?"
"It certainly does look like Mr. J had a little side-project going here. And no, Annie never talked about her own Embrace. She mostly kept me in the dark about Kindred society in general and her history in specific."
Old 03-31-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
OOC: This would be a place where I need some GM input -- Annie is a bit of a rebel, but I'm not sure how to answer the question. Also, I've got Summoning -- would I be strong enough to summon my own sire?
Let's just roll with nothing on Annie's history, to Jake's knowledge. Summoning Annie will work fine for Jake.

Quote:
"It certainly does look like Mr. J had a little side-project going here. And no, Annie never talked about her own Embrace. She mostly kept me in the dark about Kindred society in general and her history in specific."
"You're 10th generation, aren't you?" Sarah asks out of the blue. "That's two steps away from Mr. Johnson."
Old 03-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Radiation Romeo

Quote:
"I couldn't tell you, but I'd be ready for a fight, just in case. She's a rogue. As for Summoning, I can do that, if that's the way you want to do this."

Quote:
"You're 10th generation, aren't you?" Sarah asks out of the blue. "That's two steps away from Mr. Johnson."
Jake blinks.

"Uhm, I'd never thought of that particular possible permutation before."
Old 03-31-2010, 03:30 PM

"Ah, there's the Tremere precocity I've heard so much about," the Sheriff says. "Although that would help explain how they ended up together, I have to admit. Maybe we should head back, ask our questions, and then Summon the pair to the mansion before sunrise. The timing might make them both sweat a little if we sit on it a bit.

"Did Annie ever give you or use any aliases? Or a full name? Might help cut down on confusion when we poll the New Orleans long-timers."

((Make up whatever you see fit here, or nothing, if that suits you.))