CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Bobby's spectacles have slipped down his nose a bit, and he peers at you a bit curiously over his glasses.

"Well, he's a Lick, whoever he is," he says to Annie. "Who sent you? Mr. J. said I'd be left alone."
Old 03-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

"The name is Jake. Mr. J is dead. I'm here to wrap up his affairs."
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-07-2010, 03:31 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"Dead?" asks Bobby. He's definitely surprised. "Did I get an inheritance?"

Annie seems to be following the conversation with interest, but doesn't add anything for the moment.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"Dead?" asks Bobby. He's definitely surprised. "Did I get an inheritance?"

Annie seems to be following the conversation with interest, but doesn't add anything for the moment.
"Well, we're still sorting all of it out. This all happened rather suddenly and we're trying to figure things out ourselves. May I come in? We have a lot of things to talk about."
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-08-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
"Well, we're still sorting all of it out. This all happened rather suddenly and we're trying to figure things out ourselves. May I come in? We have a lot of things to talk about."
"You still haven't told me who sent you," Bobby replies. "Mr. J. never mentioned anyone like you to me."

"Who is in charge of New Orleans now?" Annie asks.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Radiation Romeo

Quote:
"You still haven't told me who sent you," Bobby replies. "Mr. J. never mentioned anyone like you to me."
"I get that. You'll perhaps appreciate that he never mentioned you either. So perhaps we can have a little chat and have both of our questions answered."

Quote:
"Who is in charge of New Orleans now?" Annie asks.
"The person who sent me. Now, if y'all don't mind, things are a bit one-sided at the moment."

Jake looks back at Bobby.

"If you're uncomfortable with meeting in your home, we can hit a cafe or diner or something. A nice, neutral, public location. But I have questions that need to be answered. It sounds like you have questions too. So why don't we see if we can't help each other out a little?"
Old 03-08-2010, 08:15 PM

"The person in charge sent you," Annie echoes to you. "Lovely. That person wouldn't happen to be a member of the Sabbat, would he?"

Bobby looks at Annie for a second and then gives you a suspicious little squint.

"When was the last time you spoke to Mr. J?"
Old 03-10-2010, 03:12 AM

((It occurs to Jake that if the others don't know who's in charge in New Orleans, chances are pretty good that they haven't presented themselves to the new Prince. And despite his relative newness to the Camarilla side of things, he has some recollection that it's basically the Sheriff's job to ensure that all Kindred in the city adhere to the Traditions. Annie surely realizes this, and is basically just fucking with you, but it's unclear whether Bobby understands the issue. It'll be your call as to whether Jake goes back with Dee Dee, assuming you can talk Annie and Bobby into complying.))
Old 03-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Radiation Romeo

(OOC -- I've been presuming that this kid with Annie is a mortal. Is this a mistake on my part?)
Old 03-12-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
(OOC -- I've been presuming that this kid with Annie is a mortal. Is this a mistake on my part?)
He used the term "Lick," which is synonymous with Kindred, but tends to be used mostly by more recently Embraced vampires. So, he's probably a vampire, based on Jake's present in-character knowledge. It would take Aura Perception to know for sure, or you can just stay pretty sure based on the kid's choice of words.