CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's a small world after all (Jake, pre-dawn Wed. 4/4/07)

You and Sarah follow Dee Dee a few blocks to a meeting point she arranges on her cell phone with someone.

"Our ride will be here in about 5 minutes," she says to you. "We should probably get a look at the place before making our move. After that, it's your show. How do you want to handle this?"
Old 02-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

"Well, we should get a sense of whether or not anyone's home, if it's even a home at all. I'm hoping there's nobody there, personally. But if there is, let's see if charm gets us in the door first. If worse comes to worse, we can always fall back on capital "C" charm. If that doesn't work... Well, I'm assuming you're armed?"
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-18-2010, 04:14 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"Yeah, seeing if anyone is home is good," says Dee Dee. "We should probably get dropped off a few blocks from the target site and approach by foot. We'll leave it to you to talk your way in if someone's home. If that doesn't work, I've got a gun for mortal opposition, and a knife for immortal opposition."

"Also, I can kill you with my brain," Sarah says, grinning.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"Yeah, seeing if anyone is home is good," says Dee Dee. "We should probably get dropped off a few blocks from the target site and approach by foot. We'll leave it to you to talk your way in if someone's home. If that doesn't work, I've got a gun for mortal opposition, and a knife for immortal opposition."

"Also, I can kill you with my brain," Sarah says, grinning.
"Awesome".

Jake checks his pistol.

"I can irritate people with my gun."

He grins.

((OOC: So far as I know, we're doing the gear pick up tomorrow night, game-time, right?))
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-19-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
"Awesome".

Jake checks his pistol.

"I can irritate people with my gun."

He grins.
"OK," says Dee Dee, "let's see what the remainder of the night brings us."

A white Toyota Camry comes to pick you up. The Sheriff rides shotgun, leaving you and Sarah to ride in back. You get dropped off just after crossing the river, at the corner of Moss and Dumaine. It's about a three-block walk to the target address.

When you arrive at the corner of St. Ann and N Rendon, you find a duplex shotgun shack. There are lights on in the unit further from Rendon St.

"Well, someone's up and about," says Dee Dee. "I guess it's time to turn on the charm. I'd advise that everyone keep in sight of the door, and turn on your Aura Reading after Jake's knock gets answered."

Quote:
((OOC: So far as I know, we're doing the gear pick up tomorrow night, game-time, right?))
That's correct.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Radiation Romeo

Jake strolls casually to the door, scanning any windows to see if can catch a glimpse of anyone or anything. Upon reaching the door, he knocks (or rings the doorbell, as appropriate).
Old 02-23-2010, 07:07 PM

You do catch a view of someone sitting at a fairly elaborate home office setup. His face is mostly obscured, but you catch sight of a headset, so maybe it's a gaming station instead of for office work.

You have to ring the bell a couple of times before the door gets answered. A tall, lanky guy with scruffy mouse brown hair and wire-rim spectacles answers. He's dressed in jeans, a dingy plain white T-shirt, and gym socks, and he's still wearing his headset when he answers the door, though the mouthpiece is turned up away from his mouth. He's got a bit of acne and doesn't look to be much over 20.

"Yeah?" he asks.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:48 AM

A feeling, a sense of foreboding, comes over you. You're not sure why, but it stills your tongue.

"Dude, look, I just got my hunter to 70th level, and this, um, conversation is taking up prime time in the arena. You got anything to say?"

"Are you just going to stand there with the door open until sunrise, Bobby dear?" The words slice through you like a knife of ice, chilling you to the bone, as you hear the dulcet tones of your sire's voice. A moment later the door opens wider, and Annie stands at "Bobby's" side.

"Hmm, what do we have here?" she asks, though her face betrays no hint of recognition.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Radiation Romeo

<OOC>Uhm... Holy shit!! *furiously attempts to untie tongue*</OOC>
Old 03-02-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
<OOC>Uhm... Holy shit!! *furiously attempts to untie tongue*</OOC>
Making up a portrait for Jake's sire wasn't just an excuse to trawl Google Images for Anne Hathaway pics, though that didn't hurt.

In addition to fixing her appearance, I'm also going to say that Jake hadn't seen Annie for at least a couple of months before fleeing Miami. He didn't know why at the time, but he's starting to get an idea as to why now.

Also, Sarah and Dee Dee are on the same side of the street as Jake, but at the opposite end of the 3200 block of St. Ann. Sarah is more or less facing the duplex unit and Dee Dee is facing away, but you get the feeling she's still managing to watch the proceedings somehow.