CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

((This little exchange will occur before Anneke starts calling off names to be part of the communication mental link-up. You'll be able to leave once the link has been established.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
<OOC>Jake includes the address in the written report, but didn't speak it aloud, not being sure about relative needs-to-know and such</OOC>

Jake raises his hand.

"Uhm, if I may?"

"About isolating any other computers -- I think that perhaps that should wait until we've determined the nature of the situation. If other computers are being monitored, isolating them now is likely closing the barn-door after the horse has bolted already; if security has been compromised, well, it's been compromised. The up-side of slamming the door now is minimal. On the other hand, the potential down-side includes alerting whomever is picking our pockets that we're on to them. I suggest that we don't interfere with any other machines until after we've made the off-site visit."
"All right, we'll do it that way," replies Anneke.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois gives Anneke a quizzical look. "I'm sorry; I am unfamiliar with the hand gesture you're making." He puts on an abashed pose, "I guess I'm just to old world to keep up."

Turning to Uma, he asks in a very quiet voice, "Why the resistance? Is there something I need to know?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:21 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"I don't want her inside my head," Uma says.

"That's not how it works," says Dee Dee. "It isn't mind reading, at least, if that's what you're worried about. It is telepathic communication, but you still have to actively think what you speak." Despite the Sheriff's words, Uma's reluctance is still obvious.

"I need contact with each group," says Anneke.

"Maybe I should be the one to be in contact with the Brujah," replies Dee Dee. "You don't have to take my word for it," she says to Uma. "I can show you."

Uma studies her feet for a moment, and then gives François a querying look.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:43 PM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"I don't want her inside my head," Uma says.

"That's not how it works," says Dee Dee. "It isn't mind reading, at least, if that's what you're worried about. It is telepathic communication, but you still have to actively think what you speak." Despite the Sheriff's words, Uma's reluctance is still obvious.

"I need contact with each group," says Anneke.

"Maybe I should be the one to be in contact with the Brujah," replies Dee Dee. "You don't have to take my word for it," she says to Uma. "I can show you."

Uma studies her feet for a moment, and then gives François a querying look.
Francois tone is calm, reassuring.

"I'll not force you to do this Uma. You have the right to decide this for yourself, and I would not take it from you. I would prefer you to lead the Brujah in my abscence, but should you not be comfortable, I can certainly ask another."

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:50 PM

"I'll do it," Uma finally says, "but with her." She points at Dee Dee. A hint of a smirk appears on Anneke's face.

"As you wish," she says. "Sheriff, will you form your link with Uma? The rest of you, please come with me."

Anneke moves deeper into the parlor and sits on the floor, and appears to begin meditating. Dee Dee likewise comes a little more into the room and then sits.

"Please sit down, Uma," Dee Dee says in an encouraging voice. "I'll need a little time to relax and concentrate, and then we join hands, and then it's done." Uma does as requested and Dee Dee closes her eyes once Uma is seated. Those that Anneke will be linking with start to sit down around her, and there's a gap in the circle that forms with Anneke at its head.

Nothing really happens for a couple of minutes, but Dee Dee finally opens her eyes and reaches out towards Uma, who simply looks at the Sheriff's hands for a few seconds before gingerly taking hold of them. Dee Dee closes her eyes again, but they pop open after a few more seconds pass.

"That's it?" Uma asks.

"That's it," Dee Dee replies mentally, rendering her silent to all but Uma, François, and Leo. "Can you tell what I'm thinking?" she asks, then suddenly falls silent.

"No," Uma thinks, then she recoils in mild surprise that her mental speech worked.

"The link doesn't prevent people from reading body language," Dee Dee says, smiling. She stands and stretches, and then goes over to fill in the gap by Anneke.

"Wait, why are you going over there?" Uma asks.

"That's the plan," Dee Dee replies simply. "Don't worry, our link will still be separate."

((To be continued... You may still reply as you see fit, if you get a chance to before I post the continuation.))
Old 02-13-2010, 07:11 PM

Dee Dee sits next to Anneke, who then has everyone in her circle join hands. She closes her eyes briefly and then the deed seems to be done. There are a few moments where everybody in the new link is evidently checking with each other, but those of you in the Sheriff's link don't hear anything of that.

"All right," Anneke says, "one last thing before we go. Obviously, there's some chance for negotiations with the Garou agent to occur. One of you at the meeting should keep the Sheriff apprised of what's proposed, and wait for a reply before committing to anything, if at all possible. That's doubly important if any of the Garou themselves are at the meeting. Good luck."

((The "good luck" will come after any questions from all y'all.))
Old 02-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Huxley

"As a primer to enable smooth discussion, can we explicitly state the social roles for everyone that will be talking to the Garou?"
Old 02-13-2010, 08:33 PM

"Let's see," replies Anneke, "Roman makes introductions. I would say Wynn and François would be the negotiators, although you all may be required to speak at some point, I couldn't say. You'll certainly stand as witness, as can François."

Anneke waves for Dee Dee to leave in answer to some apparently unspoken question, at which point the Sheriff beckons for Jake and Sarah to follow her.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:41 PM

"Sounds good to me," Roman says. "We should probably get going pretty soon."

((It's about 430 am by the time you leave. If there's anything else you want to cover here, go ahead, but I'll be starting a new IC thread pretty soon once I think up a title and work out the initial post.))
Old 02-19-2010, 12:08 PM

"Indeed" says Francois. As they walk out, he stops and opens the trunk of his car. He takes off his jacket and removes the double shoulder holster containing his desert eagle. He removes a rapier of the trunk of the car, and holds it across his palms. Stepping to Uma, he says, "I would ask you to take my blade, and thus second me in this endevor. Should I fall, it will be your task to lead clan Brujah in New Orleans. Do you accept the blade?"

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: