CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"A prudent measure, no doubt," Charles says, a touch of sadness in his voice, "and I shall do what I can on your behalf, should your concerns become more widely known. I should warn you, however, that my clan is one riven by bitter rivalries. Gwynnis is no exception to this, and she tends to engender either fierce loyalty or the bitterest opposition imaginable to her, frequently with few standing between those two poles. Armed with this information, you will quickly come to realize that people will reach out to you with agendas of their own, should it become known that you are the source of... intriguing speculation as concerns the Justicar."
"Any who try will learn that my loyalty is to the Camarilla, and I have no interest in their agenda."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"I do hope that will be enough." You hear the faint drumming of his fingers, and can visualize the look of concentration on his face that he often gets while he chooses his words.

"Have you ever wondered why it was that you alone from Rochette's brood survived?" he finally asks.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:26 AM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois pauses for a second. "I was not entirely sure that I was. I have assumed the possibility that others may lay in the same toporious state I was in, forgotten as Rochette's plans to seize power fell apart."

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:58 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Francois pauses for a second. "I was not entirely sure that I was. I have assumed the possibility that others may lay in the same toporious state I was in, forgotten as Rochette's plans to seize power fell apart."
"The only one that either of us knows about, then, although once tasked with finding his illegitimate childer, I believe I was quite thorough. And prompt, might I add. I had learned enough about how Rochette's mind worked that it was a matter of mere months to track down all those whom he Embraced. And then my duty was clear, to report my findings with the same promptness as I had conducted my investigation.

"The list of names I gave to my Sire included yours. As you well know, a death sentence awaited each person on that list. I beseeched Prince Villon to spare you. Long and cold was the look he gave me for reply, and it occurred to me that he may have been thinking whether to strike me down on the spot, now that I had completed the task for which he Embraced me.

"When at last he deigned to answer, he said that you might be spared. Yet he gave his mercy not in token of our closeness during our mortal lives, but simply because you shared a first name with him. Such caprice forms the basis for many princely actions, yet rare indeed is the occasion when they are called down for it. So I fear it may be with Rebekka."
Old 02-02-2010, 10:19 AM

Francois pauses for a long moment. "Know this Charles; if it is, as a fear, more than mere capriciousness that guided Rebekka's actions tonight, she will answer for her traitorous ways, Prince or no. My duty to the Camarilla is greater than to any individual."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-02-2010, 07:46 PM

"If it should come to that, then your duty is clear, François," Charles says after a brief pause. "But Princes tend to be given a rather wide latitude in interpreting and enforcing the Traditions. Hopefully that much is plain from my story of your Embrace. And from what you've told me, I can only reinforce your own conclusion that you haven't enough to go on to force a confrontation right now."
Old 02-03-2010, 11:06 AM

"No, I merely had enough to inform my superior officers. A glint of suspicion is all...plus a distrust of the usurper clan."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-03-2010, 05:46 PM

"When you put it that way... usurper clan... it sounds like you've already decided on the guiltiness of the Tremere," Charles says in a neutral tone.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"When you put it that way... usurper clan... it sounds like you've already decided on the guiltiness of the Tremere," Charles says in a neutral tone.
"I speak only historical fact, and use a not uncommon bon mott amoung the brujah. I wouldn't turn my back on a Tremere, but I don't believe them all to be traitors. I'll not judge Rebekka based on the actions of her leaders."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-07-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
"I speak only historical fact, and use a not uncommon bon mott amoung the brujah. I wouldn't turn my back on a Tremere, but I don't believe them all to be traitors. I'll not judge Rebekka based on the actions of her leaders."
"I can't help but point out that one of those leaders is in the city herself. One who's notoriously difficult to read, as you're finding out. And extremely powerful to boot, let's not forget. If your suspicions are borne out, it will shake the Camarilla to its core. You must find out."

Charles pauses for a moment and then lets out a sigh before continuing.

"It's going to be tricky. There are a number of obstacles, the first of which is your own unfamiliarity with the principals. From what you've told me, the person who's acting most out of character isn't Gwynnis or Meerlinda, it's Rebekka. It would be helpful to receive input from someone more familiar with all three of them, preferably someone from a neutral clan. I'm not sure if Don Cruez is that someone, however. I will say that Queen Anne, the Prince of London, and a Ventrue, does have some familiarity with both Gwynnis and Meerlinda. They were all in London together for much of the 18th century, and during the World Wars.

"There's also the simple numbers game. Even assuming that Don Cruez comes to believe that your suspicions are correct, he and Angus, the Gangrel Justicar, would likely be offset by Gwynnis and Ulugh Beg, the Tremere Justicar. A third Justicar that saw things your way would be quite helpful, and of the two options remaining, I would say Democritus, Justicar for Clan Ventrue, is the better choice. It may be prudent to reach out to him, if you can, although you will probably have to be more circumspect about it than you were with Don Cruez.

"Finally, there's the Thaumaturgy aspect. Appealing to the Tremere will not help much, I'm afraid, and thus the need for a magically-skilled neutral party arises. There is one such I can recommend, although..." Charles trails off for a moment, clearly hesitant about this particular recommendation.

"There is another Ventrue, Marcus Vitel, Prince of Washington D.C. The Tremere are quite powerful in that city, yet Vitel has managed to stay at least one step ahead of them for several decades now, and it is rumored that he is highly proficient in Thaumaturgy in his own right. He is also one of the few Kindred in America who would be a match for either Gwynnis or Meerlinda in political power. Given the preeminence of the United States on the world stage, the need for stability in the Kindred community there is of utmost importance, and this affords Vitel a great deal of latitude in how he conducts his affairs.

"As one might expect, life in Washington has affected Vitel, or perhaps he has always been like this and simply was the best at doing what needs to be done to rule there. He is the consummate politician, even more so than your typical Kindred Prince. This will color all your dealings with him, and it is unlikely that he will not have a price tag. If I could recommend any other Kindred to you for this particular issue, I would. But, I cannot think of another from one of the thus far uninvolved clans who has the right mix of power, experience, and magical know-how to figure out if there is Thaumaturgical foul play, and lend such a conclusion the gravitas needed to initiate action to remedy matters."