CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"Not a word at all, and my impression is that they supported the decision."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

There's another pause at Charles' end, and then he asks, "What can you tell me of the relationship between the deceased and the Power That Be in New Orleans?"
Old 01-21-2010, 10:13 AM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"Little. He was of the Gangrel clan. He was a bit standoffish with everyone, but not openly rebellious. He had a military mind and bearing, and I had pegged him as a field commander of some variety. He was reletively new to town, having arrived with a coiterie sent specifically to thward the Sabbat invasion."

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:00 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"Hmm, that isn't much to go on either way. Let's see... Mr. Johnson's removal from office, I think we were agreed that he didn't handle the end of his tenure very well, were we not? What can you tell me of the options for his successor at the time of his removal?"
Old 01-25-2010, 09:34 AM

"So far as I could tell, and being my first evening in town I was not well versed with the local politick, there was no option. The Justicar decided, on her own, who would rule New Orleans. At the time, I had no stake in the matter, so I did not object. Further, I was named primogen of clan Brujah, above some of my clan who have proven their worth to the city for years. Another decision that I must question."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-26-2010, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
"So far as I could tell, and being my first evening in town I was not well versed with the local politick, there was no option. The Justicar decided, on her own, who would rule New Orleans. At the time, I had no stake in the matter, so I did not object. Further, I was named primogen of clan Brujah, above some of my clan who have proven their worth to the city for years. Another decision that I must question."
"Is that so? I was under the impression that there weren't that many in the city outside of the Toreador clan, owing to Mr. Johnson's policies. How has it gone with the Primogen of the other clans?"

((For the Brujah Primogen, who exactly does François have in mind? I'll remind you that the closest thing there is to a native New Orleans Brujah elder (Bianca) turned out to be one of Samantha Drake's Sabbat confederates.))
Old 01-26-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"Is that so? I was under the impression that there weren't that many in the city outside of the Toreador clan, owing to Mr. Johnson's policies. How has it gone with the Primogen of the other clans?"

((For the Brujah Primogen, who exactly does François have in mind? I'll remind you that the closest thing there is to a native New Orleans Brujah elder (Bianca) turned out to be one of Samantha Drake's Sabbat confederates.))
That may be so, but Uma and her coiterie were in the city before Francois, and he has no idea how long they have been there. Certainly Uma seemed...distressed that Francois was named.

"I can not say for sure that the other clan's selections were as...novel...as my own. It was done so quickly upon my arrival that I had yet to suitably measured the situation."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-26-2010, 03:13 PM

"What you've told me is troubling, and yet, there isn't much in the way of specifics that might be considered actionable. Is there anything you wish for me to do?"
Old 01-27-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"What you've told me is troubling, and yet, there isn't much in the way of specifics that might be considered actionable. Is there anything you wish for me to do?"
"No Charles. As you said, there is little here that is so far beyond the pale as to be actionable. I informed you solely because I have long been, and remain friend of clan Toreodor; and my actions could be viewed by the clan in an unfavorable light. I wished you to hear it from me, lest there be confusion."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-27-2010, 07:07 PM

"A prudent measure, no doubt," Charles says, a touch of sadness in his voice, "and I shall do what I can on your behalf, should your concerns become more widely known. I should warn you, however, that my clan is one riven by bitter rivalries. Gwynnis is no exception to this, and she tends to engender either fierce loyalty or the bitterest opposition imaginable to her, frequently with few standing between those two poles. Armed with this information, you will quickly come to realize that people will reach out to you with agendas of their own, should it become known that you are the source of... intriguing speculation as concerns the Justicar."