CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Huxley

Leo watches the scene unfold like a train wreck. Feeling nonplussed, he picks scabs at his hands to display apathy.

...only a damned, but... whatever happened to reaching for justice?

As the scene winds down and everyone leaves, Leo glances between those left and listens to the conversation on the meeting.

"Will the Garou react in a particularly immediate and violent way towards my visage?", he croaks.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
"Will the Garou react in a particularly immediate and violent way towards my visage?", he croaks.
"There's a chance it could happen," Wynn admits. "Though we don't know all that much about them, I'm pretty confident in stating that most Garou tend to see cities as a blight upon nature, and that the Kindred, as creatures of the city, are emblematic of such corruption. The Nosferatu appearance could be taken as even further evidence of this corruption."

As you consider Wynn's words, Camille's cell phone makes a buzzing sound, and she leaves the parlor to take the call. She returns after a few minutes.

"That was Roman. He's gotten in touch with his contact. Apparently, he's not one of the Garou himself, but has some sort of Garou blood." There's a hint of question in her voice as she looks at Wynn, but he shrugs in return.

"Anyways, the guy keeps kind of odd hours. Roman said he managed to arrange a meeting at 5 am. Sunrise isn't until nearly 7, so I think that'll be OK. He's coming back pretty soon, so he might be able to explain more, like, for example, where this meeting is."

((It would be appropriate for Leo to respond to Wynn before Roman returns. My general plan for the thread is to have a brief meeting when Roman returns, and then fast-forward to the meeting with his contact. François can either write his letter to Don Cruez between talking with Roman and the meeting with Roman's contact, or after the meeting. There should be at least a good hour or so for it to get done in either case.))
Old 01-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"There's a chance it could happen," Wynn admits. "Though we don't know all that much about them, I'm pretty confident in stating that most Garou tend to see cities as a blight upon nature, and that the Kindred, as creatures of the city, are emblematic of such corruption. The Nosferatu appearance could be taken as even further evidence of this corruption."

As you consider Wynn's words, Camille's cell phone makes a buzzing sound, and she leaves the parlor to take the call. She returns after a few minutes.

"That was Roman. He's gotten in touch with his contact. Apparently, he's not one of the Garou himself, but has some sort of Garou blood." There's a hint of question in her voice as she looks at Wynn, but he shrugs in return.

"Anyways, the guy keeps kind of odd hours. Roman said he managed to arrange a meeting at 5 am. Sunrise isn't until nearly 7, so I think that'll be OK. He's coming back pretty soon, so he might be able to explain more, like, for example, where this meeting is."

((It would be appropriate for Leo to respond to Wynn before Roman returns. My general plan for the thread is to have a brief meeting when Roman returns, and then fast-forward to the meeting with his contact. François can either write his letter to Don Cruez between talking with Roman and the meeting with Roman's contact, or after the meeting. There should be at least a good hour or so for it to get done in either case.))
Francois writes the letter at the earliest opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Huxley

Leo nods. "Perhaps you could warn them before I come forward? I assume you will be the first to talk"
Old 01-21-2010, 01:30 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
Leo nods. "Perhaps you could warn them before I come forward? I assume you will be the first to talk"
"We could warn them, surely," replies Wynn. "I suspect the meeting will be short enough that you could also draw upon your talents in the Obfuscate discipline that I presume you possess to make the fact of your appearance less overt."
Old 01-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"One would think that their hatred of our kind is of such a level that any additional repulsion they might feel at your visage would be but a grain of sand in the desert", Francois says. "I don't know if the loup garou can detect our use of our diciplines in any way, but it might be safer to go unaided to prove peaceful intent."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Huxley

"I think not risking exposure to the use of powers would, perhaps, be better with an up-front warning"
Old 01-25-2010, 06:49 AM

"We will do everything we can to ensure that they are not taken by surprise," Wynn says.

Muaziz takes Sabine over to one of the far corners of the parlor. Sabine produces some cubes much like Leo has seen Sarah use in the past, and she uses them to conjure a protective force field to surround Muaziz. The Tremere archon leans against the wall and then appears to go to sleep.

"The Primogen is making a report to her Regnant," Sabine says when she returns to your group.

"The Tremere Justicar?" asks Camille, to which Sabine nods in affirmation. "That makes three Justicars who are going to have some involvement of the events of this evening." Camille gives François and Leo a speculative look, and you can all but hear the "three and counting" in her head, though she does not speak the words. It is at this point when Roman returns.

"OK," he says, "I've set up a meeting with my contact. We'll be meeting with him in one of the city's parks at 5 am. He can arrange a meeting with some of the area Garou, but he wanted to hear for himself from someone a little higher in the pecking order than me. What's she up to?" he asks, indicating Muaziz.

"She reporting to her boss," replies Sabine.

Roman shrugs, and then looks around. "Where's Jack?"

"He won't be coming with you," replies Camille. "He's gone."

"Where did he go? What was more important than meeting with the Garou?"

"He didn't go anywhere, Roman," Camille says quietly. "Rebekka... The Prince executed Jack while you were out."

"Wait, what? Executed?! Why?!" Camille lets out a heavy sigh before answering.

"I'm not entirely sure. He said something he shouldn't have, and didn't say something he should have."

"What kind of answer is that?"

"It's the only answer I can give you right now, Roman. Perhaps one of these fine gentlemen would be willing to give a more complete explanation."
Old 01-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Huxley

"She speaks truthfully. The Prince wanted to see if he was able to operate in a political manner. He stayed quiet for some time, and then made a sarcastic comment about not being able to speak German. This was interpreted to violate the second tradition, and the sixth tradition was invoked in response", speaks Leo with an even tempo.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:37 PM

It's clear that Leo's answer doesn't really alleviate any of Roman's confusion.

"I'm sorry, a sarcastic answer about not being able to speak German was enough to get him killed?" he asks, incredulous.

"There was a bit more than that going on," Camille says, giving Leo a bit of an odd look before she continues. "The Sheriff was busting Jack's chops, for lack of a better term, about a comment he apparently made while they were in the field together. It turns out that the comment was a delightful comparison between the illustrious Toreador Justicar and a certain German dictator. This was revealed after Jack's continued refusal to answer some questions put to him about some concerns for his conduct in the meeting with the Garou, concerns presumably based in part on the blithe manner in which he insulted the Justicar directly and the rest of us by implication. That implicit comparison of the Camarilla side to Nazi Germany did not sit too well with Her Majesty the Prince, once she heard about it."

Roman assimilates all this, but doesn't reply. A thoughtful, somewhat troubled look does appear on his face, however.

"In any case, Jack is no longer coming with you to meet with your contact. François will be taking his place. Where will the meeting take place?"

"The southern end of City Park," Roman says, "just north of City Park Avenue. We'll be meeting with a guy named Benny. He's not a Garou, but he is one of their kinfolk. He can set something up for us, if we answer his questions to his liking."

"City Park Avenue," Camille says, "that's pretty close to some of the cemeteries we suspected might harbor the Sabbat or their creations. That's just another reason to be careful."

"I don't think the Garou that Benny is blood kin to are Black Spiral Dancers."

"Are you absolutely sure about that?"

"No," Roman replies, somewhat reluctantly. "But it's not the kind of thing you can just ask."

"I never said you had to lead with an accusation, or even bring it up at all," Camille says. "Just that it's another reason to be careful. If you'll all excuse me, I should go help Zack soothe down Erik."

Camille then departs, and Roman tells you the meeting's at 5 am, and gives directions as needed.

((If you've got any questions, fire away, otherwise things will pick up with the meeting itself. François should have plenty of time to write his letter to Don Cruez between now and the meeting.))