CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:16 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
Jack winces forseeing a lot of time consuming work. 'That leaves security cameras for stores and ATMs they may have driven past.'
"Man, that is a needle in a haystack," says Dee Dee. "Any takers on that search?"
Old 12-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

"It would help if we knew when and where the car was while they were in it." Jack says.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:10 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"It would help if we knew when and where the car was while they were in it." Jack says.
"I never saw them in a car," says Dee Dee. "I didn't see them until this evening, well after Samantha and friends retreated from the warehouse last night."

((Note, it's never been posted anywhere that I'm aware of that there were Garou spotted in a vehicle with Samantha.))
Old 12-16-2009, 03:14 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"Could we send someone with a camera to their site?"

"It seems these communicators with built in cameras are quite prevalent" flips open Jocelin's cellphone, "Could not an equally small camera be attached to say a bird under your control Jack?"
Old 12-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"Could we send someone with a camera to their site?"

"It seems these communicators with built in cameras are quite prevalent" flips open Jocelin's cellphone, "Could not an equally small camera be attached to say a bird under your control Jack?"
"Spy store open this late out here?" Jack asks. "Of course this depends on them showing their faces now as opposed to getting their faces recorded earlier."
Old 12-17-2009, 02:00 AM

Quote:
"Spy store open this late out here?" Jack asks. "Of course this depends on them showing their faces now as opposed to getting their faces recorded earlier."
"It doesn't seem to me like that much worse of a plan than sifting through God knows how many security feeds," says Dee Dee. "We don't even know where to look, really, much less have a way to get our hands on any of that stuff."
Old 12-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

"Do we have any ghouls in place at Homeland Security?" Jack asked. "They may have the ability to check those feeds rather qickly."
Old 12-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Huxley

"I am confident that I could acquire security tapes without worry. But, if we are just going to randomly choose stores that seem like they might have footage, and we deem it necessary to have physical evidence before confronting the Garou, I think it would be much more likely to have some in hand if we attempted a reconnaissance mission of our own"
Old 12-17-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
"Do we have any ghouls in place at Homeland Security?" Jack asked. "They may have the ability to check those feeds rather qickly."
"I might be able to get in touch with someone in Mr. Johnson's network of governmental contacts," says Kallista. "I don't know about Homeland Security, though."

"Mr. Johnson's destruction is becoming damnably inconvenient," Dee Dee says ruefully.

"No doubt that was part of the reason he was targeted," replies Ramiel. Dee Dee nods in agreement.

"Off you go, then," the Sheriff says to Kallista. "The clock's ticking."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
"I am confident that I could acquire security tapes without worry. But, if we are just going to randomly choose stores that seem like they might have footage, and we deem it necessary to have physical evidence before confronting the Garou, I think it would be much more likely to have some in hand if we attempted a reconnaissance mission of our own"
"I think it would be a mistake to think of our first meeting with the Garou as a confrontation," says Roman. "We're trying to convince them we have a common opponent."

"Agreed," replies Dee Dee. "There have also been some efforts at scouting the area where Samantha retreated to, but with limited success."

"I'm not convinced that searching for evidence of Black Spiral Dancers in the city proper is really the right way to go about things, anyways," says Roman. "Werewolves are creatures of the wilds, even more so than virtually all Gangrel. The types of places that have security feeds aren't necessarily the types of places where you're even remotely likely to find a werewolf. Even a Black Spiral Dancer, I'm guessing."

"We should also consider that the Garou we contact may already know of the Dancers' existence," says Wynn. "If it's pitched the right way, it might be helpful in achieving our goals."

"When will you know that they know that you know?" asks Sarah. Wynn gives her a curious look when Dee Dee breaks in.

"I think she's saying how do we make it look like it's not a trap, or something like that, if we go talking about things that the Garou wouldn't necessarily expect any of us to know about. Our reputations as manipulators may very well precede us in this matter."
Old 12-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

"And the best way to pitch it right is to have evidence. They consider us to be diseased when they're being polite to us. If we make unverifiable claims about Dancers coming to town it just gives their inclination to not deal with us some incentive." Jack notes.

"And if we're trying to get them to work with us, we probably should show them some potential that working with us could be to their advantage. We sure aren't going to get them on trust."