CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default No one to tell you how (pre-dawn Wed. 4/4/07)

I'm not exactly sure how y'all want to proceed at this point. Roughly speaking, who, what, and why have been worked out for capturing Sidana. Where, when, and how still need some work. It's a pretty intricate operation as things now stand.

Rebekka will announce that the new Tremere Regent for New Orleans, one Col. Leighton Beaumont, is en route, and should be arriving to the city within the hour. Meerlinda also has a warning that I was intending to post in the previous IC thread, but that's just not the way things flowed towards the end there.

If you want to hash things out some OOC in terms of who needs what where before we proceed, feel free to do so here, before the IC interaction picks up again. Several of the elders are going to go off to do their own thing as well, although it will be in connection with the Councilor's warning.

Last edited by Detritus; 12-25-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:10 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meerlinda's warning

Just as the meeting seems to lose a bit of steam, Meerlinda gets everyone's attention.

"There is one last factor to consider, someone we encountered during the rescue mission on the Second Road. He is called Goratrix, and once sat on the Council of Seven, as I have since its inception. For some time now, he has been a high-ranking member of the Sabbat, and heads those few of the Tremere who have defected from the ranks of the clan, as well as those such blood traitors sire.

"There was a pitched battle on the Second Road, upon the very slopes of Glastonbury Tor. The Justicar managed to expel Goratrix from the Umbra, and thus repel his assault, but took grievous damage in her own right, injuries that could only be mended through the intercession of a power greater than any present in this room.

"This one time, I will show you the weapon that Goratrix used, that you may recognize the signs. It is called blackfire, and presents no little peril to any who dare wield it. It is most lethal to those careless or unfortunate enough to be struck by it."

Meerlinda gives instructions for a large piece of furniture to be brought into the parlor, and walks off a circle that everyone else in the room must be outside of for the demonstration. After a couple of minutes a sofa is brought into the room. The Councilor peers at it, arms at her sides, and then it begins to float, and rotates until it is vertical.

Then the Councilor closes her eyes, and begins to raise her arms, and as she does she lifts into the air herself. She stops rising when her arms are stretched directly outwards, and her feet are perhaps two feet off the ground. A darkness begins to outline her body. It intensifies into a midnight blackness and then flares outward for a second, maintaining its darkness as it expands. Where the dark aura contacts the sofa, the furniture disintegrates, leaving nothing but fine dust, and very little of that, and a faint whiff of sulfur.

Meerlinda then lowers her arms, and begins to descend. There are patches of black char visible on her hands, arms, and face. Her legs give out for a moment when her feet touch the floor. Rebekka rushes from the circle of observers to catch her and lower her gently to the floor, and Anneke leads her sire to the Councilor's side.

"I believe I can pick up the discussion from here," Gwynnis says. "If you see Goratrix, don't get too close to him. He will be wearing a black hooded cloak, and the hood will most likely be covering his eyes. He is similar in build and stature to Wynn, although a couple of inches shorter. When the Councilor is feeling up to it, we will attempt to determine if he is in New Orleans for sure, though there is little doubt in my mind that it is so. We will also try to figure out why he is here.

"While the weapon is dangerous, it cannot be used frivolously, as you can see from the Councilor's brief usage. Goratrix is somewhat hardier, unfortunately, but he will not have that much more time in which to deploy blackfire. If you do attempt to engage him, do so in terrain that permits hit-and-run tactics, or where ranged firepower can be brought to bear on him. I suspect .50-caliber fire will get even his attention, should it come to that." The Justicar surveys the room from behind her sunglasses before continuing.

"We all have much to do, and the clock is ticking." Rebekka murmurs to the Councilor, who nods her head, and then the Prince stands and makes a lifting motion. Meerlinda floats off the ground, and Rebekka guides her up the stairs. Anneke follows the Tremere without a word, leading her sire to join the Tremere upstairs.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:45 PM

After watching the procession upstairs for a moment, the Sheriff turns back into the parlor.

"And they say the Toreador are a bunch of showoffs. Was that really necessary?"

"Perhaps the Councilor felt a demonstration was the only thing that would truly drive her point home," answers Muaziz.

"Mmmm, maybe. Anyways, that trick is probably of limited use to protect someone."

"We would have to proceed with caution if Goratrix and Sidana are together, nonetheless. He might sacrifice Sidana if it furthers his own goals."

"Would he?" Dee Dee looks back to the stairway for a moment. "I noticed that Meerlinda didn't volunteer to call anyone. Surely she must have that ability, somehow, even if it wasn't through Presence. I assume she's saving herself for a confrontation with Goratrix, then?" Muaziz nods in affirmation.

"OK, so treat this Goratrix as armed and extremely dangerous," the Sheriff says. "In the meantime, we've got a capture operation to plan. We should have a Tremere at every site. You may not be able to counter everything that Goratrix does, but I think it's worth having someone there to point out any magical shenanigans.

"And it looks like we've got some big guns to deploy. It sounded like Rebekka was intending them both to be deployed at the main site. I'm willing to entertain arguments for why one might be sent elsewhere, but I'm inclined to agree with the Prince on this one."

"It would minimize Masquerade issues to keep them both at one site," says Wynn.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:02 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"Who among us can use such weaponry?"
Old 12-07-2009, 05:39 PM

"I guess that's another thing to put on the shopping list," Dee Dee says after a few moments of silence. "*Any* contacts that you might have, or know of from Mr. Johnson, with the National Guard could come in pretty handy," she says to Ramiel and Kallista.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"I believe I can pick up the discussion from here," Gwynnis says. "If you see Goratrix, don't get too close to him. He will be wearing a black hooded cloak, and the hood will most likely be covering his eyes. He is similar in build and stature to Wynn, although a couple of inches shorter. When the Councilor is feeling up to it, we will attempt to determine if he is in New Orleans for sure, though there is little doubt in my mind that it is so. We will also try to figure out why he is here.
"Always wears a hood." Jack says. "Something about his face that reveals what he is? Or is he protecting his eyes from light?"
Old 12-08-2009, 04:34 AM

((This exchange gets inserted before the elders leave the parlor.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
"Always wears a hood." Jack says. "Something about his face that reveals what he is? Or is he protecting his eyes from light?"
"I don't recall saying 'always'," replies the Justicar. "Of course, I've only ever seen him a few times, and never his whole face. One does hear rumors."

"I suspect he does it to best avail himself of his Second Sight, which he is said to use quite frequently," says Rebekka. "He was already a renegade at the time of my Embrace. I have never had the misfortune of meeting him."

"Perhaps when the Councilor is in better condition, she can supply a description of his face. In case it comes up."
Old 12-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois speaks up.

"While it is useful to know that our enemy has such powerful options available to them, and we shall use the", here Francois pauses, clearly in agreement witht he Sherrif about the overt dramatization, "demostration in calculating strategy."

Francois produces a map of the area.

"I would think that we would like to move outside of New Orleans proper, to reduce the chance of mortal presence. Further, we need to ensure that no two summoning spots are located so closely that should one of our groups be dispatched, the Sabbat member can bring aid to any of their compatriots."

Pointing to a large green section of map, Francois states "It appears a game preserve has been created in this area. It seems ideal to me for a group containing one or more Gangrel. To the west, there is Bayou Gauche, which would require a round about route back to the city. In the industrial district there are a number of spaces currently unused due to the recent disaster. It would be my recommndation that the heavy artillary being brought in be put to use far away from mortals."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Francois speaks up.

"While it is useful to know that our enemy has such powerful options available to them, and we shall use the", here Francois pauses, clearly in agreement witht he Sherrif about the overt dramatization, "demostration in calculating strategy."

Francois produces a map of the area.

"I would think that we would like to move outside of New Orleans proper, to reduce the chance of mortal presence. Further, we need to ensure that no two summoning spots are located so closely that should one of our groups be dispatched, the Sabbat member can bring aid to any of their compatriots."

Pointing to a large green section of map, Francois states "It appears a game preserve has been created in this area. It seems ideal to me for a group containing one or more Gangrel. To the west, there is Bayou Gauche, which would require a round about route back to the city. In the industrial district there are a number of spaces currently unused due to the recent disaster. It would be my recommndation that the heavy artillary being brought in be put to use far away from mortals."
"OK, that's not bad for starters," says Dee Dee, peering at François's map. "What's the local Garou situation like? They can be kind of touchy about Kindred encroaching in the wilds."

"The game preserve could be a bit tricky," replies Roman. "The Bayou less so, and I don't think any action in the industrial zones would raise their ire."

"If they were made to realize that we have some likelihood of battling Black Spiral Dancers as well, they may be more amenable to an isolated dispensation," says Wynn.

"Yeah, that's a good point. Would you be willing to go with Roman to speak with the Garou?"

"Of course," replies Wynn. "We should go now."

"Yeah. It's best if you guys were off to check on Mr. Johnson's National Guard contacts, too," Dee Dee says to Ramiel and Kallista.

"We'll need to check out all the different sites, too. Anyone have any preferences as to where their particular engagement takes place?"
Old 12-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"OK, that's not bad for starters," says Dee Dee, peering at François's map. "What's the local Garou situation like? They can be kind of touchy about Kindred encroaching in the wilds."

"The game preserve could be a bit tricky," replies Roman. "The Bayou less so, and I don't think any action in the industrial zones would raise their ire."

"If they were made to realize that we have some likelihood of battling Black Spiral Dancers as well, they may be more amenable to an isolated dispensation," says Wynn.

"Yeah, that's a good point. Would you be willing to go with Roman to speak with the Garou?"

"Of course," replies Wynn. "We should go now."

"Yeah. It's best if you guys were off to check on Mr. Johnson's National Guard contacts, too," Dee Dee says to Ramiel and Kallista.

"We'll need to check out all the different sites, too. Anyone have any preferences as to where their particular engagement takes place?"
"You guys need some back up when you go see the Wolfen brotherhood" Jack asks.