CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:00 AM

hidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud of

"None that come to light at the moment. As we gather in Glastonbury, I'd like to go over specifics of placement, of course."

Noting the absence of the Toreador... he arches his eyebrow, "She's not used to not getting what she wants, isn't she?"
Old 12-11-2009, 03:28 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidufel View Post
"None that come to light at the moment. As we gather in Glastonbury, I'd like to go over specifics of placement, of course."
"Naturally," replies Meerlinda.

Quote:
Noting the absence of the Toreador... he arches his eyebrow, "She's not used to not getting what she wants, isn't she?"
"Quite observant of you," says Lille, a droll smile on her face.

"And no doubt her solicitousness was borne entirely of altruistic motives," adds Oliver.

"I wouldn't go so far as to impugn her motives," says Rebekka. "I believe her heart was in the right place. She does occasionally forget that there are other Kindred as resourceful as she."

"Gwynnis is unaccustomed to being thwarted, it is true," says Meerlinda. "That stems in part from there being relatively few who can stand up to her. You would do well to bear that in mind in your dealings with her, Colonel."
Old 12-11-2009, 10:17 PM

hidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud of

Leighton Smiles at this last bit of advice. "indeed, I shall, councilor."
Old 12-13-2009, 12:49 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back to the present...

The sound of footsteps brings you back to the present. Queen Anne has entered the room, accompanied by London's Ventrue Primogen, Natasha Volfchek, and another member of the city's Ventrue, Jazz Wentworth. The Toreador Primogen, Elliott Sinclair, is also with the Ventrue.

When you begin moving to rise, Anne waves you to remain seated. She sits on the lone chair facing the semicircle of six chairs, erect in her posture with her back not in contact with the chair's back.

"We'll dispense with the formalities. I have received correspondence from New Orleans, from the Toreador Justicar. Gwynnis has named you both," Anne says, indicating both you and Elliott, "to come to New Orleans. You're to leave immediately; evidently the Justicar's personal aircraft will be landing just before midnight, to take you to New Orleans before sunrise on Wednesday, local time."

The Prince pauses momentarily to let her words sink in.

"Gwynnis has convened a Conclave in New Orleans, to begin after sunset on Easter Sunday. She is the second Justicar to visit the city in the past week. The Malkavian Justicar, Arcadian Walsh, was destroyed five nights ago by one of New Orleans' natives, a woman called Samantha Drake.

"Drake was one of Arcadian's great-great-grandchilder. One possible motive therefore is that she is working her way up her lineage; apparently Drake is a suspect in the diablerie of others down Arcadian's lineage. She also has Sabbat allies, and her attacks seem likely to be part of the prelude to a Sabbat incursion in New Orleans."

Anne turns to Elliott, a touch a sympathy in her eyes.

"I am afraid that I must also report that Mr. Johnson, the former Prince of New Orleans, has also been destroyed. Nominally, the reason for your summons to New Orleans is to protect you, on the chance that one of the Sabbat has taken it upon themselves to work his or her way up Mr. Johnson's lineage."

"Was he destroyed by one of his brood, or by one of their descendants?" asks Elliott.

"Gwynnis did not say one way or the other, but I'm inclined to guess not. Nonetheless, you will obey her summons posthaste. I have no desire to give her any reason to bring any official attention to bear on London. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, my Prince," Elliott says, a troubled look appearing on his face. Anne turns to back to everyone else in the circle.

"New Orleans is now the Domain of Rebekka of Clan Tremere, whom many of you are already familiar with."

"I hadn't realized that she was in New Orleans," says Natasha.

"She wasn't, until just over a week ago," replies Anne. "From what I have gathered, she was in Houston, and then became part of the investigation when Arcadian's agents passed through the city from Dallas on their way to New Orleans. On the Justicar's orders. A bit unusual for the Tremere, I must say."

"None of our clan would gainsay a Justicar on official business," says Oliver, sounding a bit put out.

"Of course," replies the Prince. "Yet you must agree, it is a bit unusual for Tremere to be moved thus. Especially one as important as Rebekka; she was Regent in Houston, was she not?"

"She was," replies Lille, "and Tremere Primogen besides. Was, but as you say, New Orleans is now her domain."

"Indeed, and I don't doubt that Prince Casimir welcomes her removal to New Orleans," says Anne. "However, that is somewhat far afield of the matters we have come to discuss tonight. Did Colonel Leighton receive orders from the Tremere chain of command?" A look part speculative, part knowing appears on the Prince's face.

"He did, Majesty," says Oliver, "from Councilor Meerlinda. He is to be Regent in New Orleans." Anne gives a subtle nod conveying expectations confirmed upon hearing the Councilor's name.

"Ah, I congratulate you, Colonel, on your promotion," Anne says to you formally, but with a trace of warmth in her expression.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:34 AM

Bowing graciously towards Queen Anne, "Thank you, Majesty. I am excited to get into action again, and hope to help get to the bottom of this mystery."

straightening his posture, he continued... "though it pains me to have to do so under the circumstances. A justicar and a prince destroyed? so close together? Troubling times indeed."

"Is there a specific plan of action we should persue, or shall we take that up in new orleans?"
Old 12-16-2009, 06:01 AM

"No doubt Rebekka requested your transfer because of the potential outbreak of violence stewing in New Orleans. I'm afraid I'm not privy to her war counsels, however.

"There is something else, though, another thing the Justicar wrote in her orders." A momentary glint appears in Anne's eyes, clearly resentment of Gwynnis pulling rank on her. "Arcadian's sire was none other than Sylvester Simms, sometime Malkavian Primogen of London. He has not been in the city for several years now, of course, but providing solid leads on his whereabouts might gain one some credit with the new regime in New Orleans."

"Perhaps you won't be made to answer for your scapegrace childe's shortcomings after all," Natasha says to Elliott.

"Perhaps not," replies Elliott, giving the Prince the stink eye. Anne returns the look with an expression of bland innocence. Oliver opens his mouth, likely to plant a barb of his own, but Anne's words of the impending tumult in New Orleans send you back once more to 1940...

((Another flashback setup. I'm working out the company of Tremere that will be under Leighton's command for the Lammas Night ritual. We should also work out what equipment he would have had by 1940.))
Old 12-19-2009, 03:10 AM

Default pre-dawn July 31, 1940

After the audience with Queen Anne, Meerlinda sends you ahead to Glastonbury so that you might learn some about the lay of the land. Some of the Tremere tabbed to patrol during the ritual will also be arriving before sunrise. You and Edmund leave London by chauffeured Rolls-Royce motorcar shortly before midnight, and arrive at Glastonbury Abbey around 2 am, the waning crescent moon low on the eastern horizon. Its faint illumination is still enough for you to make out the shape that dominates the view as you approach the abbey: Glastonbury Tor, and the stone spike that is the remains of St. Michael's church atop the hill.

The driver lets you out at the gate in the wrought-iron fence that surrounds the abbey retreat house. The ring of steel meeting steel and the clacking of wood against steel are clearly audible. A woman looks through the gate at you, somehow familiar, yet you can't put your finger on what is triggering your memory. By the faint moonlight you can tell that her right eye is green, but her left eye is blue. She speaks, and her left eye suddenly begins to glow, a soft light within what you now recognize as a glass eye.

"Please identify yourselves."
Old 12-20-2009, 08:11 AM

Leighton takes in her countenance, and with a slight bow, replies briskly, "I am Colonel Leighton Beaumont and this is my batman Edmund Bathe. We have business here this night, and we have much to discuss. I trust word has been sent ahead about our arrival?"
Old 12-20-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidufel View Post
Leighton takes in her countenance, and with a slight bow, replies briskly, "I am Colonel Leighton Beaumont and this is my batman Edmund Bathe. We have business here this night, and we have much to discuss. I trust word has been sent ahead about our arrival?"
The eye stops glowing when you finish speaking. The woman produces a key and unlocks the gate.

"Yes, Gwynnis said you'd be arriving tonight. I am Anneke. Please come in, and follow me." Anneke locks the gate behind you after you enter.

Upon hearing the woman's name, you realize why she seemed somewhat familiar to you. There is some facial resemblance between Rebekka and her sister, although Anneke is a few inches shorter, and there are burn scars around her left eye that mar her appearance.

Anneke leads you towards the retreat house. Two women are sparring out front, both dressed in what you identify as men's clothing at first, yet upon closer inspection there's no doubt that their outfits are finely tailored, and accentuate their feminine aspects quite nicely. You recognize Gwynnis, wielding the same sword she presented to you the night before. Her sparring partner is a redheaded slip of a girl, no more than 15 or 16 years old, wielding a black-hafted spear that she uses as both spear and staff.

Gwynnis presses her attack, a rain of thrusts and swings that the girl barely manages to keep from hitting her, yet she does come through the barrage unscathed. She ducks a sword thrust and swings the butt end of the spear towards Gwynnis's midsection, and nearly strikes home before the sword blocks the riposte. Just like that, the girl's opening has vanished, and Gwynnis resumes her assault.

"Sire," Anneke says over the din. Gwynnis and her sparring partner both cease their fighting mid-swing on the word. "The first of the Tremere has arrived, Colonel Leighton Beaumont, and his servant, Edmund Bathe."

"Ah, Colonel, welcome," says Gwynnis, waving the girl to join her in coming to you. "You've already met Anneke," she says, grounding the point of her sword. "May I introduce you to Sidana." The girl also grounds the point of her spear and favors you both with a shallow curtsy.

"Welcome to Glastonbury Abbey," she says, a cheerful smile coming to her face, and it's obvious that her voice hasn't quite completed the transition from a girl's voice to that of a woman. "I take it this is your first time here?"
Old 12-22-2009, 08:33 PM

Leighton bowed at the girls greeting. No doubt the word 'girl' was as misleading as her figure was. What he had just seen belied more then just her age... as there was most certainly more hidden behind that facad then just a grim competence with a spear. "Indeed it is. I would wish there were other circumstances that required my presence here then what we have to do, but never the less, i do look forward acquainting myself of the abbey."

Turning to Gwynnis, he bows even further, a slight admiration in his voice... "My Lady does well with her training and if i may say so, i am impressed with what I've seen."