CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:18 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"If she can be secured a stake will do the trick"

"Can anyone here use this .50?"
Old 11-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"As I recall, the plan was first to seperate her from any companions she may bring. The heavy guns will be more appropriate in that setting." Francois says. Once she is alone, how many of us would you recommend would be needed to subdue her. I don't know her capabilities, but staking someone in combat is oft a difficult proposition."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

"Trained with one in the Air Force." Jack says. "I may be rusty though."

(ooc "Gunner" is not on the character sheet though it is something backgroundishly appropriate. With a DX of 14, Jack can default.)

edit: (assumes the CIS .50MG detailed in Modern Fire power p.30 and the table p.45, mostly because Modern Firepower was sitting on top of my printer and High Tech 3rd is probably in one of two dufflebags out in the garage...)

9- base skill but I'll aim one second and take the ACC bonus of FIFTEEN.

Last edited by SD Anderson; 11-10-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:27 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"If one of the gangrel could perchance find it within themselves to turn into something excessively big and strong, I believe she might want to give polar bear wrestling a try"
Old 11-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
"Trained with one in the Air Force." Jack says. "I may be rusty though."

(ooc "Gunner" is not on the character sheet though it is something backgroundishly appropriate. With a DX of 14, Jack can default.)

edit: (assumes the CIS .50MG detailed in Modern Fire power p.30 and the table p.45, mostly because Modern Firepower was sitting on top of my printer and High Tech 3rd is probably in one of two dufflebags out in the garage...)

9- base skill but I'll aim one second and take the ACC bonus of FIFTEEN.
I don't have either of those sourcebooks, so I will need some stats on whatever heavy weaponry you're proposing to use.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:59 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"I shall remind everyone that we are planning to capture my eldest childe," Gwynnis says. "We will certainly consider all options, but it would be preferable if she were in one piece after her capture.

"On the matter of isolating her, I am sure there are several of us who will not be present at the confrontation with Sidana who have the ability to Summon others. If we set a watch on her, we can draw away some of her companions as she approaches the site we have prepared. Forces decoyed are forces destroyed, and all."
Old 11-11-2009, 01:12 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
I don't have either of those sourcebooks, so I will need some stats on whatever heavy weaponry you're proposing to use.
CIS 50 MG 12.7 x 99 mm (.50 cal Browning) Introduced the dual feeder and has two disintegrating belts usually carrying two distinct ammo types the gunner can switch to as desired. Comes with a quick change barrel (one extra standard) to allow the barrels to cool without extended downtime.

Malf Crit
Damage 13d+1
SS 20
Acc 15
1/2D 1800
Max 7400
Wt: 66+44.5
AWt: 2x22
RoF 10
ST 32T
Shots 2 x 100
RCL -1
Cost $12,000
LC 0
TL 7
Old 11-11-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"I shall remind everyone that we are planning to capture my eldest childe," Gwynnis says. "We will certainly consider all options, but it would be preferable if she were in one piece after her capture.

"On the matter of isolating her, I am sure there are several of us who will not be present at the confrontation with Sidana who have the ability to Summon others. If we set a watch on her, we can draw away some of her companions as she approaches the site we have prepared. Forces decoyed are forces destroyed, and all."
"If we're going to use some sort of Summoning diversion," says Dee Dee, "it needs to be far enough away from the capture site so that it can provide a few minutes' worth of delay, at least. It could be here, I suppose, if the other site is sufficiently remote. I'm assuming you won't bring them all the way here, or wherever."

"Most likely not, no," replies the Justicar.

"And we'll need to figure out how we're going to deploy the big guns, if it comes to that," says the Sheriff.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"This brings up an interesting option. I know Rochette, as he used to be named, well enough to summon him sight unseen. Might we not gain an advantage immediately by summoning him to an area distinctly away from where we summon Siadana? Might this not require them to divide whatever forces they would bring?"

Francois paces back and forth while in thought.

"If we set it up properly, we can create a trap to delay whatever forces they bring, allowing me to bring only a small body to the diversion site, leaving the main force to deal with Siadana and her personal attendants."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:49 PM

"How many from their side could we divert?" asks Gwynnis.

"A number of us know Samantha and Bianca," says Ramiel.

"I could try to bring Lucian, but he may have the means to protect himself from a Summons," says Rebekka. Gwynnis raises an eyebrow at this.

"Could this protection be extended to others?"

"It is possible, yes, but I wouldn't be in a position to know unless I was able to see those we decide to call to us."

"Bonnie and I would have to watch the ones we call in any event. You will brief me on the signs of this protection?" Rebekka looks to Meerlinda, and the Councilor gives a nod. The Justicar's lips tighten a little at this interplay, but she does not speak of it.

"Very well," she says, "that is five others beyond Rochette that we could divert. Will you be able to work with that, François?"