CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

((There's some PM traffic going on between me and Kal in re: Sidana's defenses, and how Rosalyn might answer that question, FYI. It hasn't been forgotten))

"You have completed your shopping list for the transaction?" Rebekka asks.

((OOC -- I'm not sure if you have or not, so you can iron it out now, if needed.))
Old 11-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
((There's some PM traffic going on between me and Kal in re: Sidana's defenses, and how Rosalyn might answer that question, FYI. It hasn't been forgotten))

"You have completed your shopping list for the transaction?" Rebekka asks.

((OOC -- I'm not sure if you have or not, so you can iron it out now, if needed.))
"Just waiting on you guys... I've got the white phosphorous rounds lined up. What else do you all think we need?"
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-09-2009, 06:13 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"Some grenades might come in handy," says Dee Dee, "a few per person in the field."
Old 11-09-2009, 06:28 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"As for defenses, Sidana is blazingly fast, but can't fly . . . . though I understand some of our enemy have ways to mitigate such altitudinal hindrances. She would be quite good at picking us off one by one if we are careless or uncoordinated. It would be best to choose an area that could hinder her mobility"

"As for identifying her, if you can identify me, then you can identify her . . . I might want to pick a distinctive outfit as Id be quite unhappy with anyone staking me . . . . on that note, stakes could also be useful . . . bows or crossbows if anyone can use them. New Orleans is a coastal city, what about nets or harpoons?"

Last edited by Kalzazz; 11-09-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"As for identifying her, if you can identify me, then you can identify her . . . I might want to pick a distinctive outfit as Id be quite unhappy with anyone staking me . . . . on that note, stakes could also be useful . . . bows or crossbows if anyone can use them. New Orleans is a coastal city, what about nets or harpoons?"
"Unless the bow was drawn by Artemis herself, I don't believe it would have any effect on Sidana," says Gwynnis. "In addition to the usual Toreador disciplines, she has some facility with Fortitude, enough to render attacks by bow inert." Laying a hand upon Rosalyn's spear, she says, "My guess is that it will fall to you to immobilize her."

Turning towards the room, the Justicar says, "Heed well Rosalyn's warning about Sidana's skirmishing abilities. She will not be daunted by a foe with superior numbers. In addition to Fortitude, she can also draw upon Potence. Between that and her spear, it is enough to fell all but the hardiest Kindred with a single blow."

"That suggests we should pick a site that would limit her mobility," Dee Dee says.

"Yes, either that or have the flanks held by those whom Sidana cannot outmaneuver through sheer speed," replies Gwynnis. "In either case, I think both you and Anneke should be part of the mission."
Old 11-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"Is she fortitudinous enough to ignore the crippling effect of wood piercing her heart?" Francois says with amazement. "I have not heard of anyone mastering the dicipline so completely."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
"Is she fortitudinous enough to ignore the crippling effect of wood piercing her heart?" Francois says with amazement. "I have not heard of anyone mastering the dicipline so completely."
"Certainly not," replies Gwynnis, "but it would take a bow with an extraordinary amount of pull to get an arrow to pierce Sidana's skin. Unless you caught her by surprise, I suppose, before she could raise her defenses. We haven't really discussed how to approach her at stealth, though."
Old 11-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

"What about impeding her movement? Can she fly? What if we trap her in some way? Draw her into a field of our choosing -- I don't care how much Celerity you've got, a greased floor is still a greased floor, right? And if we're aiming to take her out, a trap might work better than trying to nobly face her down in battle. Cut her up with a .50 cal, to slow her down, then finish her off with fire. I'm just brian-storming here, mind you."
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-10-2009, 02:25 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"The goal notably is not to take her out. The goal is to capture her"
Old 11-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Radiation Romeo

"Ah, okay then... So, then, perhaps the .50 cal solution is a place to start? It can slow her down, wound her, help immobilize her, but not really kill her, yes? Do we have any means of holding her once she's been secured?"