CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let's be careful out there (pre-dawn Wed. 4/4/07)

NPCs present
Tremere - Rebekka, Meerlinda, Muaziz, Sabine, Sarah, Merill

Toreador - Gwynnis, Anneke, Bonnie, Dee Dee, Kallista, Ramiel

Gangrel - Camille, Roman, Erik, Zack

Brujah - Antoinette, Yuri

We’ll take it as given that introductions are made as needed…

======================

Gwynnis and her brood descend the stairs together and rejoin the meeting in the parlor. Gwynnis holds a sword in the crook of her arm in the manner of a scepter, and Rosalyn now carries a spear. A peacefulness that you hadn’t noticed before seems to have settled upon the group.

Antoinette slinks back into the parlor shortly after the return of the Toreador. Rebekka is engaged in conversation with Meerlinda and Muaziz as Sabine looks on when Antoinette reappears. Sarah excuses herself from the group of Tremere and goes to Antoinette, and an animated discussion between the two begins.

Then Merill, Ramiel, and Yuri arrive. Rebekka seems a little surprised to see all three of them. She motions them over to her to receive their report.

“Things are well with Crusher?”

“Well enough, Majesty,” replies Merill. “He seems to be quite taken with Uma. Thomas seemed to find it funny, though I can’t imagine why, and we decided that he should stay with Radeyah as… chaperones.” Merill’s delivery is deadpan, but both Ramiel and Yuri seem to be trying to suppress grins without complete success.

The Prince looks at the three men, eyebrow arched, until all traces of mirth are gone from their faces.

“Very well,” she finally says, “let us call this meeting to order.”

Rebekka then recapitulates the issues revolving around the fall of Jocelin, the appearance of Sidana and Rosalyn, and the need for Sidana’s capture to restore both her and Jocelin.

“Needless to say, capturing Sidana will be a dangerous undertaking. The main order of business for this meeting will be to determine who will be involved in this mission and what they will need for it successful completion. Those who have returned from the rescue mission for Jocelin will be a part of the task force, and at least some of those who have made visual contact with the enemy’s camp.”

Rebekka turns to François. “Have you any thoughts on who should be in the field for this mission?”
Old 11-06-2009, 03:33 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
Rebekka then recapitulates the issues revolving around the fall of Jocelin, the appearance of Sidana and Rosalyn, and the need for Sidana’s capture to restore both her and Jocelin.
Since I forgot to mention it, this recapitulation also includes a summary of the findings from the scouting mission out at Lake Pontchartrain.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"As far as who should attend to the battle itself, I would have my clan fighting beside me. Others could better advise you of where the martial talent in the city otherwise lies. Certainly though, those who can identify Siadana must be present."

Pausing Francois says, "As for the evening boat trip to aquire supplies, I would suggest the pilot, Jake, myself, and perhaps two or three others who could take on the role of servants for any mortal eyes that may be at the dock."

Turning to Jake, he says, "Do you have the wardrobe to appear as a well to do business man?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:08 PM

"What is the scope of the engagement going to be?" Anneke asks. "It could take most of our front-line fighters to be sure of capturing Sidana. She is not an opponent to be trifled with. Yet, unless some sort of surgical strike is planned, I'm uncertain whether it is wise to commit so many of our forces against a single target."
Old 11-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

"What can we surprise her with?" Jack asks. "Anyone familiar with the sorts of defenses she's put up before?"
Old 11-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
"As far as who should attend to the battle itself, I would have my clan fighting beside me. Others could better advise you of where the martial talent in the city otherwise lies. Certainly though, those who can identify Siadana must be present."

Pausing Francois says, "As for the evening boat trip to aquire supplies, I would suggest the pilot, Jake, myself, and perhaps two or three others who could take on the role of servants for any mortal eyes that may be at the dock."

Turning to Jake, he says, "Do you have the wardrobe to appear as a well to do business man?"
"Absolutely. Mind you, the man we're buying from knows me. I was thinking that I would be playing the role of facilitator slash middle-man. Perhaps you could play the mysterious Mr. Moneybags?"
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-09-2009, 10:38 AM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
"Absolutely. Mind you, the man we're buying from knows me. I was thinking that I would be playing the role of facilitator slash middle-man. Perhaps you could play the mysterious Mr. Moneybags?"
"Of course, but the dress is not to impress your contact, but rather any curious neuvo rich on the docks who expect a certain level of savoir faire. Old money and singers can dress shabby chic. Business men earning a dishonest fortune have to look the part. Feel free to change into whatever you feel appropriate once we are out to sea."

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

OOC: Just to be clear, because it seems like I've perhaps fumbled the ball in offering a description, but Jacob's current attire is more than adequate for what you're suggesting. By and large, Jacob dresses quite well, if positively sombre by Toreador standards.
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-09-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
OOC: Just to be clear, because it seems like I've perhaps fumbled the ball in offering a description, but Jacob's current attire is more than adequate for what you're suggesting. By and large, Jacob dresses quite well, if positively sombre by Toreador standards.
OOC: Ah, I picutred a more Coture, less business appearance, typical Toreodor.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Radiation Romeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
OOC: Ah, I picutred a more Coture, less business appearance, typical Toreodor.
OOC: Black jacket and black flat-front trousers, nicely tailored, uncuffed with a sharp break. Understated black square-toe shoes, blue button up shirt, longish, pointed collar and with the cuffs peeking through the jacket, unfastened.