CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

((Roll = 15, Combat Paralysis FAIL!))

You nearly drop your spear in surprise, and can only manage to shut your eyes tightly and to start hunching away from the blow of your Sire's sword. When the sword doesn't make contact, you look up to see the flat of the blade inches from your face before Gwynnis withdraws Caledfwlch.

"Your reflexes have dulled," she says, "especially for you to be taken unawares by a blind woman." Gwynnis lowers her shades, and for the first time you see her gaping eye sockets.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:29 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Rosalyn winces, "Sire . . . what . . how?"

" . . . . . I do not know what happened, I shouldnt . . . not be able to"
Old 10-24-2009, 06:15 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"I expect that inhabiting flesh not of your own could have certain... complications," Meerlinda says, looking at you thoughtfully.

"I suppose that may be, and it's certainly better to learn it now than during a crucial engagement in the field. You'll still have to take the field, I think," Gwynnis says, turning to you, "if you think you're still equal to the task."
Old 10-24-2009, 07:55 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"The girl Jocelin's flesh seemed up to the task, whatever else might be thought . . . but, it is not mine true"

"Equal? I wasn't before. Now, teamwork simply becomes an extra level of even more important. I wont fail you sire"
Old 10-25-2009, 06:06 PM

Gwynnis makes her eye sockets move in a squint that conveys a hint of skepticism, but otherwise makes no comment.

"As for the other, you must recall the way of Annwn, yes? Appearance is malleable to some extent there, in the direction of an idealized form, normally. You saw the eye there, you said you felt it inside the girl, do you not recall my ever having done this before?"

"You may both have to modulate your expectations of Rosalyn's capabilities and recollections while she accustoms herself to her new existence," Meerlinda says. Gwynnis turns to reply, but is cut off when Bonnie opens the door to the room.

"I have brought Anneke, Sire," she says, and then Anneke follows Bonnie through the door, who then closes it again.

"You!" cries Anneke, stumbling backwards into the door. "It cannot be!"

After a stunned moment, she asks of Meerlinda, "Is this your doing?"

"Anneke," Gwynnis says to her childe, "this is Rosalyn."

"Rosalyn?"

"That is correct. She is closely related to Sidana, but not Sidana herself."

"Preposterous! Sidana had no sister, and certainly not a twin. Who are you?" Anneke asks, striding towards you, and you certainly remember the stubborn cast to her jaw that you see after she stops speaking.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:55 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

"Hold Anneke . . . who I am is easily explained. I am Rosalyn, and what I am, that is more interesting. I'm perhaps . . . a part of the essence of Sidana, split off from her, or a shade . . . now inhabiting this girl Jocelin's flesh. The Sidana who still wears her own form might disagree of course, but this incomplete existence must soon be fixed"
Old 10-30-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"Hold Anneke . . . who I am is easily explained. I am Rosalyn, and what I am, that is more interesting. I'm perhaps . . . a part of the essence of Sidana, split off from her, or a shade . . . now inhabiting this girl Jocelin's flesh. The Sidana who still wears her own form might disagree of course, but this incomplete existence must soon be fixed"
Anneke stares in disbelief for a moment.

"Rubbish," she says, "absolute rubbish, and I don't care whether she's holding a spear or not. I was there in Detroit when Sidana fell, when I had to flee the field in order to report on the disaster that befell the city. Now I am to believe that not only is Sidana alive, but that part of her inhabits the girl's body? Ridiculous."

Gwynnis moves to Meerlinda, and they exchange words you can't hear, after which the Councilor exits the room. Anneke fumes, muttering under her breath, during this brief exchange, after which the Justicar turns to address her childe.

"I understand how hard it must be to fathom, Anneke, let alone to believe the story you are hearing, but I fear I have no other answer to give you. You look upon the handiwork of the founder of our line. She it was who contrived a way to restore Sidana, and Jocelin as well, whom we failed to retrieve from the Deep Umbra earlier tonight."

"That girl," Anneke says with poisonous reproach, "she would have to be in the middle of it."

"It is unfair of you to be so cross with her. She was tasked with things ill-suited to her temperament during the investigation of Miss Drake, and it's hardly surprising that she failed as a consequence. If you would avoid following in her footsteps, you're going to have to make an accommodation with reality such as it is, rather than how you imagined it to be."

"I'm nothing like her!"

"Are you not? Is it because you are always the very model of sweet reason when dealing with others? That you make careful consideration of your actions, no matter the circumstances and without fail? Or that you never put a foot wrong regardless of the quality of institutional support you're given?"

Gwynnis looks as if she's carefully considering Anneke behind her shades, despite lacking her eyes.

"Do you remember who helped you with your exfiltration from your adoptive Sabbat pack?"

"That was Sidana," Anneke answers after a moment's sullen silence.

"And would it have worked as well had I sent another agent in her place?"

"I don't think so, no."

"You have no need to think so, because you already know. It was a very dangerous operation, and you had managed to trick everyone else in the pack into believing that you took part in their blood rites.

"But what you had pretended to do, Sidana has experienced in full. She is surrounded by a cadre of competent and extremely violent allies who will wish to keep her on their side. Her need is much greater than even yours was in Detroit. You will give her your full support, though she will not realize it unless we rescue her, and that begins with acknowledging the truth of what we are telling you of Sidana and Rosalyn."

Something very much like a pout appears on Anneke's face, but after half a minute or so of sulking, she looks directly at Rosalyn.

"I apologize for my outburst," she says to you, adding a slightly belated "Rosalyn" to the end of her statement. Dee Dee enters the room bearing a crystal goblet directly after Anneke finishes speaking.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:01 PM

Gwynnis moves to Dee Dee and takes the dagger from her. A slight frown appears on her face as the silence after Anneke's apology lengthens.

((Wink, wink...))
Old 11-03-2009, 03:27 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

"Thank you Anneke, apology accepted"
Old 11-03-2009, 01:59 PM

"Very good," says Gwynnis, "we cannot afford internal strife while facing the trials that lie before us."

Directing Dee Dee to hold the goblet under her hand, Gwynnis takes the dagger and slices into her palm. All eyes are fixed on the vessel as your Sire's vitae fills it.

"We may not have the chance to do this again for some time," Gwynnis says. She heals the wound on her palm, and then looks around the room.

"Anneke first, I should think," Gwynnis says, gesturing vaguely in Anneke's direction. She comes up and takes the goblet almost reverently, holding it before her for a moment before taking her drink. A peacefulness settles upon her that was not there before her swallow. After a glance at her Sire, Anneke turns and hands the goblet to Rosalyn.